TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Griffon vs. Sheikra-Survey

Which is better?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better?

• Griffon
    • Sheikra

I wasn't sure if anyone had done this in the forum already but I was curious. This survey is ONLY for forum members who have ridden BOTH coasters; please do not post your vote if you have only experienced one. Thank you!

Ok, ladies and gentlemen, which is better overall : Griffon or Sheikra?

I went to both Busch Gardens parks this year: BGA in April and BGE in October, and IMO Sheikra was the better overall ride. The reason for my vote is that, although Griffon looks cooler and has the second Immelmann, Sheikra has more "fun" elements such as the highly-banked turn around the queue house, the second drop into the tower, through a tunnel, another highly-banked carousel around the Smokehouse and a water splashdown that everyone (including pedestrians) can enjoy to the full extent. Griffon is simply out in the middle of nowhere whereas Sheikra is right above your head and all around you.

I am not interested in arguing but I am very curious to see what people's thoughts are. Please at least post your vote. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode SheiKra last year and Griffon this year. Personally, I gave the edge to Griffon.

My main reason is the floorless aspect of Griffon. Now that SheiKra's floorless, it might win, but I haven't ridden it like that yet. Hanging over Griffon's first drop in the front-left seat was crazier than anything I've done on on any other coaster (sorry Toro...). And that second immelmann beats SheiKra's turn by a lot. And it has airtime (on hills other than the big ones).

I really wanna ride 'em both again...good thing one is in the state under me!

I like Sheikra's setting a bit more than Griffon's--but the latter gives you more airtime (particularly in the back row).

So that, plus home-park advantage , gives a slight edge to Griffon.

I'm going to go with Griffon.

1) Single rider line.

2) Extra immelman helps improve an otherwise very short ride.

3) BGE did an amazing job installing Griffon into that area of France. It really looks amazing how it interacts with that area.

It's just a slight edge. Both rides are pretty darn similar when it comes down to it.

Sheikra all the way.. The carousel turn around the station house out of the immelmann along with the hang time in the immelmann and the second drop into the tunnel.

Griffon, the extra wide trains make it more susceptible to bouncing around. Plus Griffon just seems less powerful as in overall Gs on the body.

Plus the fact that Griffon should have had a 250 foot drop for a first drop down into the ravin instead of the second drop.

Griffons water splash was like an add on and desent seem to fit the area or have any way for people to be in the splash zone like on Sheikra.

Plus I never could stand a cloned ride I mean come on you spend all that money on a coaster that is the same as at your other park.

Like most coasters getting built now adays, it seems that they lack creativity and just give you a product.

Even Sheikra they could have done so much more then what they did but those are decissions I dont make.

I haven't ridden both either ( and thus, also didn't vote), but *if* I had, I might be inclined to go with this theory:

Does Griffon come with a sweet BBQ aroma from below?

I didn't notice the BBQ aroma from Griffon. Sure did from Sheikra though.

I still give a slight edge to Griffon. I was able to ride them one week apart from each other and Griffon just has a bit more to it IMO that makes it slightly more fun. Both are great though!

Justin "look for a PTR soon!" Saxe

P.S.

Scott, I even have some Monorail pics

This is a very tough call. While Sheikra does have the better theming and more interesting layout and location, I like the view of the James River on Griffon much more than the ghettos of Tampa view from Sheikra. I haven't ridden Sheikra in its floorless state, but I'm gonna give the edge to it, as the smell from the BBQ place is much better.

It's kinda hard not to notice the BBQ smell from Sheikra, it goes right over the Zambia dining room. Anyway, I give a very slight edge to Griffon because of the extra loop, faster lift hill, and better layout. The ride experiences are practically identical to me. Oh, BGE is also my home park.

^^You do get more of a whiff of the BBQ from Sheikra (wind has to be right for Griffon).

really? I got quite a good whiff of BBQ on every ride I had on griffon excluding the night ride. I'm going to have to go with griffon, eventhough i have not ridden shiekra, (im not voting) because i absolutely love how it is nestled into that area of the park, plus views from the chairlift are awesome!

Well, I've ridden Sheikra (Floored and Floorless) and I've ridden Griffon.

Griffon has the nifty headchopper after the first drop.

SheiKra has the nifty one during the 2nd drop.

Griffon has an extra immelman.

SheiKra has a mist- filled tunnel.

Griffon is a bit longer.

SheiKra is short but uses it to it's advantage.

I liked SheiKra more due to the location of the ride. The extra immelman on Griffon didn't do much for me, but the tunnel on SheiKra (Especially filled with mist) is awesome.

It's kinda hard not to notice the BBQ smell from Sheikra, it goes right over the Zambia dining room. Anyway, I give a very slight edge to Griffon because of the extra loop, faster lift hill, and better layout. The ride experiences are practically identical to me. Oh, BGE is also my home park.

Both coasters move at the same speed when ascending the lift.

SheiKra takes my vote due to the fact that they shoved such a large coaster in such a small place.

(Everyone loves it when you take something big and shove it into a small place!)