TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite Theme Park Game

What is your favorite game to play at theme parks? I like to play the basketball ones. I have done it at Dollywood and PGA. I also like the water shooters and the balloon pop game.

Edited by larrygator

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like to play the game with the colored muffin tins, or glasses, where you throw wiffle balls. I won this big-ass Scooby one day when it was just my daughter and I at the park. I had to carry it all the way to the car, while trying to push her stroller and keep track of her. It was too big to fit in the stroller, and I couldn't push the stroller if she was in it, so it was hillarious. We had to just leave and go home because it was too much to deal with. However, the look of "Oh my God my mom is awesome" on her face was worth it!

Shari

• 6 years later...

Once again, I have found a long lost thread that needed to be brought out, dusted, polished, and displayed for everyone to see. No need to thank me; just doing my duty.

Whenever I'm with friends and we are stuck inside a long line, we would usually play "Comments". To play comments, you either see something or hear something and you make a comment about it. To many people, they think we are just talking, but we are actually playing "Comments". Helps pass the time while we're waiting.

During the Halloween season, we would play another fine game call "Costume Spotting" in which we spot the kiddies wearing costumes and put them into a catagory (such as superheroes, spooks, Harry Potter, etc) and by the end of our visit we determine which category featured the most kiddies wearing that costume and declare that catagory the winner.

Now that I reopened this thread, I now ask all of you:

What is your favorite park game?

The only games I really mess with (since they only cost a quarter to play and they're addicting) are those "Bowler Roller" games. Otherwise, I may attempt the claw machines (for a nubby ball or stuffed toy if one catches my eye). I usually stay away from the 'high prize' games since I have an idea how they work and is a matter of being at the game at the right time (as in if it made enough money to allow the big win to happen).

My friend was lucky a while back and attempted a stacker game. On his first try (was an impulse try) he walked out of the arcade with a PS3. I figured that the given machine he played had more than enough money (to cover the cost of the console) before the game would allow the big prize to be won. I think claw games work on the same principal but can be toggled with.

Other games are "Count the GP moves", "Count the Trash Cans" (for a CF park), "Count the Line Jumpers"

Guess your age and weight. It's the easiest to win when you have them guess your weight. I'll only play if I have a 2-for-1 coupon though and split the price with a friend.

I also really enjoyed the BB gun shooting gallery at Oktoberfest, but I don't see those coming to North America anytime soon.

Fascination!

I sucked royally at it the last time I played, even TPDave won more than I did, but it is a lot of fun when you are with a group of people.

I love Fascination! I never heard about it until Elissa introduced us to it on the MIdWest trip.

I don't usually play games at the parks, but I like the classic duckie game. Pick a duck and win a prize. I won a cute little stuffed sea turtle at Busch Gardens this year. I absolutely LOVED skee ball when I was a kid. Sometimes I'll play Fascination at the state fair if they have it.

I rarely play games at an amusement park, but I used to play them all the time at my local fair (until they went cashless and the prices skyrocketed). Here are my top five (no particular order):

-Dart Throw (Balloon Pop version only)

-Toss the ball into the angled basket

-Break a plate

-Racing Games (prefer ball rollers to water shooters, but like them both)

-Ring Toss (I never expect to win, but its fun to share a bucket of rings amongst a group and it isn't that expensive)

My least favorite games are probably the Shoot out the Star (nearly impossible) and the Bank off the board game (also very difficult). Most others I have no interest in (guessing game) or I'm just not very good at them (ping-pong ball toss, goblets, coin on a plate)

Fascination!

I sucked royally at it the last time I played, even TPDave won more than I did, but it is a lot of fun when you are with a group of people.

I'm sure Dan will join in with a picture of how much I enjoy fascination soon enough.

Personally I'm a skeeball fan, especially the few remaining $0.25 ones

I love Fascination! I never heard about it until Elissa introduced us to it on the MIdWest trip.

I grew up playing it at the now defunct Rocky Point Park, I think it's a rare game.

^TP I also love Skeeball. Though I'm also not very good at it. Cone to think I it, I'm not sure I'm good at any park game.

I think the following is a complete list of remaining Fascination parlors, not sure if the one in Geneva-on-the-Lake still exists. Please let me know if anyone has contradictory info.

*Playland-Not-At-The-Beach Museum of Fun El Cerrito, California

*Indiana Beach, Monticello, Indiana

*Knoebels Amusement Resort, Elysburg, Pennsylvania

*Sylvan Beach Amusement Park, Sylvan Beach, New York

*Darien Lake Theme Park Resort, Darien Center, NY

*Nantasket Beach, Hull, Massachusetts,

*Funland, Seaside, Oregon

*Olympic Arcade, North Wildwood, NJ

Fascination Parlor, Geneva-on-the-Lake, OH

Edited by larrygator

Skeeball - if a certain score wins prizes and not tickets.

Agree 100%. I don't ever play the ones with the 100 holes either... I like the old style ones where you aren't rewarded for making terrible shots up in the corners.

Do you ever try for the 50s unless you absolutely need one on the last ball or two. I try to find a game where you need to average between 30-40 per ball to win and then aim only for the 30s and 40s.

We have 4 fascination tables at Playland-Not-at-the-Beach that were donated to us from the Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk. I believe we are the last place in California to have Fascination. Also, I noticed 1 person mentioned not liking to pay extra for games. At Playland, Fascination, Skee Ball, our 33 plus Pinballs and most of our arcade games are on free play and INCLUDED in admission. Let the games begin...

Frank Biafore

Fabulous Fun Facilitator

Playland-Not-at-the-Beach

PO Box 894

10979 San Pablo Avenue

El Cerrito, CA 94530

Website is www.playland-not-at-the-beach.org

Email: frank@playland-not-at-the-beach.org

Open Sat & Sun 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

(510) 232-4264 x16

(510) 592-3002 24-Hour Information Line

We have 4 fascination tables at Playland-Not-at-the-Beach that were donated to us from the Santa Cruz Beach and Boardwalk. I believe we are the last place in California to have Fascination. Also, I noticed 1 person mentioned not liking to pay extra for games. At Playland, Fascination, Skee Ball, our 33 plus Pinballs and most of our arcade games are on free play and INCLUDED in admission. Let the games begin...

Frank Biafore

Fabulous Fun Facilitator

Playland-Not-at-the-Beach

PO Box 894

10979 San Pablo Avenue

El Cerrito, CA 94530

Website is http://www.playland-not-at-the-beach.org

Email: frank@playland-not-at-the-beach.org

Open Sat & Sun 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM

(510) 232-4264 x16

(510) 592-3002 24-Hour Information Line

Thanks for the link. I didn't know much about Playland Not at the Beach until following the link you posted. This kind of nostalgia is right up my alley and I'm going to try to stop by next time I'm in the area.