TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Animals at Themeparks

I was at Sfot today and I was eating some Panda Express

so I go behind the building were some seating was and I was eating and all the sudden this cat shows up and starts purring on my leg!

Scared me to death but eventually I got to know him and I named it Cattums. Then I found that it had a litter of kittens under this wagon decoration! This was weird.. I gave them my leftovers and left. Crazy huh? Do any other parks have any stray animals? Got any storys?

Btw its a good thing that a chinese food place has stray cats around

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^Hey premierrider, I don't believe that naming the Feline you saw "Cattums" is going to endear you to Elissa.

She's not known for being a big fan of cats, and I'd be willing to bet that she will Never have one as a pet.

As for your topic, at Disneyland you can usually spot a cat or two over at the Hungry Bear Restaurant. (Next to Splash Mountain)

SFDK has ducks since the lake is right there.

I remember one time I was eating on one of the tables right next to the lake and all of a sudden a duck comes and pokes his head through the fence, so I gave him some fries.

At SFMM the big animal is the geese. Every year they come and nest in the park. Not only is harassing them a crime, but it's highly unadvised as the honking-creatures will attack you! It isn't uncommon to see the park set up barricades or signs saying to stay away from the geese.

I'm also familiar with DCA's cats.

-Jahan

The only time I saw an animal in a park would have to be at IOA back in 2005. I saw a cute innocent kitten walk around the area near Bluto's Bilge Rat Rapids. It was going into a restricted area and I was hoping the kitten didn't fall in to the rapids ride.

It was so cute too, even if it may have rabies.

the cats are placed there on purpose to help control the rodent population, the other animals are there cause that's their natural habitat (racoons, snakes, turtles, skunks, etc.)

Every so often the cat population becomes so rampant they have to clear all the cats out of the park (some are given to the SPCA and some are put to sleep, due to their violent nature).

When my b/f (MissingMusician) and I went to SFGAdv with Jay (ElToroExtreme) we saw the coolest theme park animal ever!

A baby beaver! It was sooo cute I think Jay has a picture of it somewhere. It was walking across the rock wall that goes around the lake next to El Toro and the mine train (The name escapes me right now).

If you ride the Disneyland railroad there's little cat houses on to the right of the train tracks in between New Orleans Square station and Toontown Depot, when we walk the tracks we see tons of cats by the Rivers of America, they tend to hide when the trains roll through.

I've also seen big evil possums in the woods by the tracks.

At DCA there are always a couple cats near Taste Pilot, mainly because they leave cat food for them their!

Ha, I remember those cats. Yeah, some of the CMs actually bring cat food from home to feed these random kitties. It's pretty awesome. Oh yeah, and I've seen people at parks. People are technically animals (mammals).

---Brent

This season had a really sweet mama duck near the Wave Swinger and Maverick, nesting in the spring. 8 eggs, if I recall.

She just sat there and sat there.. Really sweet temperment.

My wife gave her some bread.. all the red tags and blue tags knew the duck was there, too, and occasionally would check in on her.

DSCF0432.jpg.b851986d27fc3156c13cd82fb2452d21.jpg

qwak qwak