TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

orlando's universal parks vs. its busch parks???

xcastn0shad0wx

ok, so i'm going to Orlando for about 5 days in December and have two days to kill and want to go to either universal studios and islands of adventure or sea world and bush gardens, i have been and went to all the parks in 1999 except for ioa. i haven't rode sheikra, kraken, hulk, or dueling dragons and i want to ride them. online it looks like i can get two days at either the universal parks or bush parks for around $80...so my question is which two parks are the best to go to if i only have time for two??? also is kraken and shekira better than hulk and dueling dragons?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every park has it's pros. Do you want flat out credits?

Since you've never been to IOA, you might want to do that, as everything is new. Universal has also added a few attractions, including the Woody Woodpecker coaster, Mummy, MiB (king of shooting dark rides)

Also keep in mind that visiting BGT will take a bit of time going to Tampa and back. If you drive, you need to pay for gas too, but I think there is also a shuttle between BGT and SWF.

Since 1999, BGT has added Rhino Rally (some people like it), replaced the Dolphin show with a 4D attraction, closed Akbar, added Cheetah Chase, built a new entrance, and added SheiKra.

SeaWorld has changed a little bit since 1999 also. They totally re-themed the sky tower, added Kraken, changed the shows around a bit, and added a few rides to the kids' section (including a coaster)

I would say Universal also. Busch Gardens is a fun park but you can do the park so quickly every time I go I get bored after a while.

Also, FYI. Westgate Towers behind Wet n Wild at times runs a promo for free Seaworld tickets with a 2 night stay. I want to say it was for 4 tickets last time I stayed. But never hurts, still less then a Universal resort usually and you actually get a 2 bedroom suite with a kitchen and small family room.

Also don’t forget AAA discounts, especially for out of state on resort.

Have fun.

If you're going in early December and just want to credit whore you can easily do all 4 parks in two days.

Busch for opening, then to Sea World. Next day do IOA and Universal.

I wouldn't recommend this, but I've had to deal with my share of 'credit whores' so I'm always ready to help them out!

I'd put my vote in for Universal/IoA.

I was kind of underwhelmed by BGA. Sure, Sheikra, Montu, and Kumba were great, but other then that there wasn't much of interest.

Kraken at SWO was alright, though I didn't find it to be very forceful.

I really enjoyed my time at Universal/IoA. Those parks had great coasters, but also great non-coaster attractions which BGA and SWO didn't have.

Another thing- If you do go to IOA, make sure you ride in the front row on Ice Dragon and the back seat on Ice.

If the parks are busy, a lot of the rides have Single Rider lines. They make a HUGE difference in the wait time on busy days, as long as you don't mind being labeled "Sad and Pathetic" by the occasional ride-op.

^You and your friend can enter the single riders line together and hang out while you wait, but when you board, you'll fill up the first available single seat and will probably ride in different vehicles.