TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Why did they do that?

^ Same here, but the first time being on Maverick, the second stengel dive caught me off guard and i badly bruised my ear, I could feel the bruise for at least 2 weeks afterwards. If they used something like El Toro's U-bar, or at least something better than the OTSR..... Even the bar part of the OTSR w/o the parts that go over your shoulder would work well enough.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, first of all, why is B&M the only company that can make coasters butter smooth even with OTSR's?

Why does Kings Island turn on some of the lights in the Flight of Fear building? It would be so much better completely dark! Also, why is the MCBR used so heavily? It KILLS the rest of the ride!

Why do amusement parks close rides before the park closes, and not put out signs stating what time the coasters will actually close?

Why is Tennessee Tornado so smooth compared to other Arrows?

Why does Cedar Point close every coaster in the park down after a sprinkle of rain that lasts for only a few seconds and then test the ride 20 times before reopening it?

Why does Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom not make it so that Thunder Run can run two trains?

Why does Holiday World not run at full capacity on days when the park is packed?

Why does Cedar Fair name most of there rides using "Hawk" in them?

And why is Jessica Alba so freakin hot??????

I think that's about it....

Okay, first of all, why is B&M the only company that can make coasters butter smooth even with OTSR's?

Why does Kings Island turn on some of the lights in the Flight of Fear building? It would be so much better completely dark! Also, why is the MCBR used so heavily? It KILLS the rest of the ride!

Why do amusement parks close rides before the park closes, and not put out signs stating what time the coasters will actually close?

Why does Cedar Point close every coaster in the park down after a sprinkle of rain that lasts for only a few seconds and then test the ride 20 times before reopening it?

Why does Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom not make it so that Thunder Run can run two trains?

Why does Holiday World not run at full capacity on days when the park is packed?

I think that's about it....

1: Because they can't... Have you ever been on Mantis?

2: Because they suck... Why else?

3: To decrease the workload for employees.

4: Because they stopped using coathangers to design the elements.

5: Because Magnum slipped through it's brakes in the rain and crashed at low speed.

6: Probably just don't want to spend the cash. Alot of other older woodies can't run two trains either.

7: I dunno... Because they are overrated?

8: Because they got sued for not naming Magnum "Magnumhawk".

9: Just because.

I hope that answers everything

Arrows that have pointless safety-belts on their horsecollars.

They are not as nearly as pointless as you obviously think.

Do tell.

I'm not RCFreak, but I HAVE had my horse collar pop open on an Invertigo and I must say that I am very glad that the safety belt was there, otherwise I would have plummeted to my death when it shockingly opened up as I was going up the lift hill in reverse. So yes, they aren't nearly as pointless as you obviously think.

Not only are those made by Vekoma, but the restraint system is totally different.

They're not as different as you think, and that is one of the big reasons.

Now this is something that annoys me. Why should you have any right to choose which seat you want? It is not your coaster, you do not have any more right to ride in the front seat than the so called "little brat" who is also a paying customer. Just because you are an enthusiast doesn't mean that you are somehow above the other customers in the park.

OMG, who peed in your Cheerios? I'd go back and defend myself and say that there was nothing in my post to warrant ANY of that stuff you just said, but it seems obvious enough to everyone but you that I'd just be wasting my typing.

Just be happy with the seat you get and live with it, that's how queueing works. Plus while you're doing all you can to try to get your way to x seat; waiting off a few rides or asking the operators, you're holding up a whole load of people in the queue with your time wasting.

I think I understand your rant now. You thought that I was griping that a park wouldn't let me choose my own seat when they have first-come, first-serve seating.

Not true. If you notice, I said that I GO AROUND MULTIPLE TIMES. This means that I understand that the system depends on luck of the draw, and if I want a particular seat, I will probably have to re-ride multiple times and hope to hit it just right.

I never said that I try to coerce the ops to let me have a seat, or wait back and hold up the line. YEAH, that crap is annoying, and that's why I don't do it.

My gripe was that the park would use a first-come system in the first place. It's rare that a station doesn't have gates to line you up for each seat. Why not let your customers line up behind whichever seat they'd like, rather than hiring another person to work the line and dictate which gate to go to? You save money on an extra employee, and you make your customers happier. Duh.

As for the "little brat", I saw this happen at Ratanga Junction. South Africans aren't used to coasters and many of them are terrified when they realize that their spot in line will put them in the front seat of the SLC. The smaller kids especially will FREAK OUT. My point was that when you've got a kid who's crying and begging not to ride in the front, it's a simple thing to ask the next person in line if they might like to take the front seat and let the kid ride farther back. Instead, the op talked the kid into riding in the front anyway. The folks who ended up in seat #2 were disappointed because they missed a front seat ride by just one seat, and the kid in the front was hysterical before he was halfway up the lift. It wasn't a good thing for anyone.

My gripe was that the park would use a first-come system in the first place. It's rare that a station doesn't have gates to line you up for each seat. Why not let your customers line up behind whichever seat they'd like, rather than hiring another person to work the line and dictate which gate to go to? You save money on an extra employee, and you make your customers happier. Duh.

Actually I have found that parks that have groupers (CP, Disney parks, some SF rides) make waiting in the station much more pleasant because it's for a shorter amount of time. Sometimes the coaster's station is jam packed with people and you move a couple feet per train. At least with a grouper the exterior line moves in bigger chunks every time a large group is admitted into the station.

Actually I have found that parks that have groupers (CP, Disney parks, some SF rides) make waiting in the station much more pleasant because it's for a shorter amount of time. Sometimes the coaster's station is jam packed with people and you move a couple feet per train. At least with a grouper the exterior line moves in bigger chunks every time a large group is admitted into the station.

The group assigners definitely do a good job of controlling the station. Few things are more annoying than an unmanaged station where you can't even tell what line people are in. Nothing says pain in the rear like having to ask 15 people if they're waiting for the front. That said they should still honor requests for the front/back, and build special queues to accomodate this.

Asr, I hope you don't mind that I'm stealing your idea. I didn't mean to.

The only really smooth B&M I've ever ridden with OTSR's is Patriot. The rest either have rough spots or are headache-inducing.

Actually, I've ridden it with all the lights on and I thought it was more fun. They were probably doing maintanence or something when that happened. I wish it didn't stop on the MCBR as well, but I certainly don't think it "kills the rest of the ride."

The sign shop hasn't gotten there yet and they don't want their employees to have to stay until midnight.

Because they stopped using coathangers to design the elements.

So you don't die.

Because SFKK is the crappiest park ever. But you're right, they should.

Because they are overrated.

Because they know how much that affects your experience at the park and they feel like annoying you personally.

Genetics.

Why in the world did they put that last little hump on Goliath (south)???

B&M already admitted they made a mistake with it, but still it's like...take it out or something.

And is it just me, or does this look like the gay parade or something (front row)??

Why in the world did they put that last little hump on Goliath (south)???

B&M already admitted they made a mistake with it, but still it's like...take it out or something.

Isn't the brake run itself the problem? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the SFA and DL S:ROS hypers have bunny hops that are just as close to the brake run?

Anyway, it's not that big of a deal. I thought Xcelerator had a worse stop.

I actually have never been to Holiday World, so I really have no right to say they are overrated. I just couldn't think of anything else to put there that was somewhat funny. So don't quote me on that please. Holiday World (or atleast there three woodies) looks pretty good.

I actually have never been to Holiday World, so I really have no right to say they are overrated. I just couldn't think of anything else to put there that was somewhat funny. So don't quote me on that please. Holiday World (or atleast there three woodies) looks pretty good.

Holiday World being overrated almost goes without saying. It's basically an excellent water park with 3 good woodies. Although 3 good coasters is a lot more than many parks have, the overall picture of the rides side is that it's not really built up enough to be considered among the best.

^ I agree. They need to hold off on the water park for a year or two and buy about 5 new flats.

Isn't the brake run itself the problem? Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the SFA and DL S:ROS hypers have bunny hops that are just as close to the brake run?

Nah, the brakes are fine, the last hill is just so violent and throws you over it so hard that it slams you in the stomach (or at least it does me).

Nah, the brakes are fine, the last hill is just so violent and throws you over it so hard that it slams you in the stomach (or at least it does me).

Well, those two Intamin hypers that I mentioned both have final bunny hops leading straight into the brake run. Maybe the brakes are just a little bit too close to the bunny hop on Goliath.

Holiday World being overrated almost goes without saying. It's basically an excellent water park with 3 good woodies. Although 3 good coasters is a lot more than many parks have, the overall picture of the rides side is that it's not really built up enough to be considered among the best.

You would be stoned to death at a certain other site for saying anything remotely negative about the greatest most superest park in the entire universe

Well, Holiday World is a family park, and if you look at it that way, it is definitely NOT over-rated, but as a "thrill-park".....

Also, I did find it was somewhat over-rated when there was just The Raven and The Legend, BUT, when they added The Voyage, I had a whole new respect for them. Plus, Holiday World is one of my homeparks (I live exactly 1 hour away from HW, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, and Beech Bend!) so I guess I will always find love in my heart for it. (Even though they don't operate at full capacity... )

On the subject of station management, I believe Wicked Twister has it just right. They only let enough guests into the station to fill up the train, but you are still given the option to wait for the front or back, even though there are people already there!

So why is that last bunny hill on the B&M Goliath a mistake?

Has anyone mentioned removing the double dip on Colossus? They ruined one of the most popular parts of that ride forever only to run it with three trains for maybe 5 years.

So why is that last bunny hill on the B&M Goliath a mistake?

Well for me it slams me in the gut every time. It's not a comfortable element to ride.

Normally bunny hills that are short are ok, like the Superman ones. But this one is so short that it just throws you over it too hard. At least to me.

Now maybe thinner people it's not that big a deal, but I'm still trying to lose all my weight. lol

Yeah, personally I love that last hill. It's the last big kicker for the ride, though it does really throw you over and against the restraint. Again, I actually love that, but I can definitely see how it might hurt or be uncomfortable.

Yeah, I don't mind it either. B&M did admit, however, that they messed up that part. Xcelerator gave me a much worse gut shot in its brake run.