TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFNE removing five rides this winter.....

I'm assuming Kontiki and the kiddie bumper cars are being removed for The Dark Knight, especially since they said they may relocate Kontiki. But that's pure speculation. I've always thought they could do more with that section of land, especially with some "empty" space around it.

actually only 2 of the 3 things in that square is being removed. there is a Family bathroom the very large rectangle in the image. it's not coming out. The small rectangle in the center is Bumper Buggies.

Even if this is a long term plan, They shouldn't be removing 5 flats to eventually replace them. this is about money and not future plans.

They are properly staffing rides? well those 5 rides not open up 9-10 employees that can go to other rides.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or make a more logical entrance to it rather than having to walk all the way past Batman, the no longer dark knight.

Uhh... You do know that before Tornado was put in.. Thats where the waterpark entrance was

From 1998 to 2002 you got into Island Kingdom right where Tornado is.. and the area to the right. When it became HH they put in that new...big...out of place entrance.

yea so if you do the math 2006 removed log flume, colossus (ferris wheel), chaos, jokers wildcard (wipeout)

added catapult and splash water falls

-4+2

remove spider,

so -1

then add the -5 from this season

and in last couple years we lost 10 rides and will have received only 3

not a good thing in my mind to help park capacity or help with lines to lose so many rides so fast.

or make a more logical entrance to it rather than having to walk all the way past Batman, the no longer dark knight.

Uhh... You do know that before Tornado was put in.. Thats where the waterpark entrance was

From 1998 to 2002 you got into Island Kingdom right where Tornado is.. and the area to the right. When it became HH they put in that new...big...out of place entrance.

Of course i knew that. I just thought doing that was a dumb decision which made that end of the park all the more crowded with everyone making the trek to the waterpark with all their crap.

This is something that I don't understand with Six Flags (although I'm not a bigwig at an amusement park, so there is probably a method to the madness.) SFoG started removing flats years ago and haven't replaced them. I am grateful for some killer coasters, but kind of miss the spider (Mo-Mo the Monster), the rotor (Spindle Top), the Round-up, the inverter (looping Starship), the swinging ship (Flying Dutchman)... Although not high capacity attractions, I still miss them and think that they gave non extreme riders something to do. They really fill a void for the group of younger guests who are too young for the really big coasters but too old for kiddie land (plus - being a total theme park dork, I love me some spin-and-puke flats ). I always remark (to myself) that the park needs more flats to even out the coasters.

Oh well - that is just my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions....

Take it easy

David "Random TPR Dance Party" McCollum

actually only 2 of the 3 things in that square is being removed. there is a Family bathroom the very large rectangle in the image. it's not coming out. The small rectangle in the center is Bumper Buggies.

Bathrooms are easy to move and wouldn't be announced if it was. I don't consider those permanent facilities that need to be worked around when trying to decide where to put a new ride.

Edit: The Bumper Buggies are in the large rectangular building and the bathroom is between them and Kontiki. Now I'm not sure what you're thinking of... Is it the combination changing area/bathroom that is located to the bottom left of my outlined area?

yea so if you do the math 2006 removed log flume, colossus (ferris wheel), chaos, jokers wildcard (wipeout)

added catapult and splash water falls

-4+2

remove spider,

so -1

then add the -5 from this season

and in last couple years we lost 10 rides and will have received only 3

not a good thing in my mind to help park capacity or help with lines to lose so many rides so fast.

Don't forget that we got several new rides in Wiggle's World and Thomas Town.

^Allen, are you going up with Pete?
SATURDAY!!!!! If you can, try to get up there and meet up with us. We'll be there pretty much all day.

Oh, and in my personal opinion, none of these rides are a huge loss. Sure, they're ok (some better than others), but not a major loss.

Movable? Yes. Easy to move? I wouldn't say that.

You are aware that restrooms are very large facilities that require a floorplan and an intricate subterranean plumbing and water system, right?

Haha, yes. I suppose I was referring to "easy" in the "willingness to spend the money if it means putting a new ride in" sense.

In any event, I have been thinking about it, and I have several theories about the use of that space now...

If SWAT was so great (I've been on in when it was at Astroworld), why weren't more built? Look at all the Screamin Swings that have popped up everywhere. Why aren't we seeing more swats? There's got to be a good reason, whether it's operating costs, capacity, or guest comments. I thought it was an okay ride, but I've been on better.

-James Dillaman

cause they are down more then they were up. the 2 that were built had extreme ammounts of down time. funny thing is since it arrived it has run better this season now that a lot of the bugs have been worked out we will ship it off. thats the one ride move that to me made no scence

unless the thing for 2009 that ace will like is a replacemnt of cyclone

^Allen, are you going up with Pete?
SATURDAY!!!!! If you can, try to get up there and meet up with us. We'll be there pretty much all day.

Oh, and in my personal opinion, none of these rides are a huge loss. Sure, they're ok (some better than others), but not a major loss.

Pete! What time should we meet and where would we meet up. We are all for going despite Superman being down.

Dude, you're more than welcome to take it. :::snores::: Can we have that Huss Rainbow?? (my personal fave for a "flat")

The way it's operating right now, trust me, you DON'T want it! They are currently only letting 12 people on per cycle, and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the way it move back and forth, as well as side to side.

Pete! What time should we meet and where would we meet up. We are all for going despite Superman being down.

I PMed you my number. I vote for a "ride 'em one last time" thing on all of these flats (assuming ANY of them are running).