TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dominator track at KD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually really good news! It's exactly what I was hoping would happen to Geuaga Lake's coasters 4 years ago. They would be put in parks that I actually like to go to!

Seriously, Knight Flight at PKD will make this one of the best coasters at that park. Assuming of course that it survives the move and it runs just as good as it did at GL.

Thanks for the pics Clint!

--Robb

Back in June it was butter smooth. That ride is one of my favourite floorless coasters out of the ones I've done so far, and it'll go down really well at its new home.

It will be strange actually having to queue up for it the next time I ride it!

Hooray! I echo Robb in that I'm happy the trove of rides at Geauga Lake are starting to be divided up amongst the rest of the parks.

Hmmm...what other park was closed down recently that should have done a number like this...rather than just letting all the rides at the park rot...You people in Houston have any ideas?

This is good news. I did not care for Dominator (then again I don't really care for any floorless coaster I've ridden), but it's good that a semi-decent coaster is being saved.

I visited King's Dominion for the first time last week, and I really liked the park. It could definitely use another non-launched coaster. Dominator will fit in well!

I'm happy that the park is not building another launched coaster, and with a coaster of this scale going in, it has the chance of being the parks best coaster. While I'm still upset Cedar Fair killed GL, it is nice to see the coasters and rides being sent to parks where people will actually ride them.

Seems like a nice addition, although I didn't find Dominator to be overly exciting, it was not a bad ride at all. I think what I liked most about it, was how different it was than other Floorless B&Ms.

I've never been to KD, but from reading the posts above it sounds like Dominator will fit in nicely.

Just wanted to let every one know that you can watch a video podcast of us live at the track at KD today.

Video podcast on Coastercrew.com

This is a direct link to a special Theme Park Review edit of the video. There is a nice little easter egg at the end that we know the peeps at TPR will love. Now this is the only place you can see this version of the video so enjoy!!

Special TPR video podcast

Also we do have some more pictures of the track. This time we snapped them in the day time.

And there are more at the Coaster Crew Gallery

Well, here's the press release from PRNewswire...

DOMINATRIX Sluts it Up at Kings Dominion Memorial Day Weekend 2008

Wild Floorless Coaster to serve as Anchor to New Themed Land

DOSWELL, Va., 2007 - Kings Dominion, the Mid-Atlantic’s premier 2-in-1 theme park and waterpark, is inviting thrill-seekers to embrace their submissive side in 2008 with the debut of Dominatrix -- the sluttiest and most erotic roller coaster to bang the East Coast. Making her debut Memorial Day Weekend, this Floorless wench will thrill her guests into submission with 5 leg-over-shoulder inversions, in three different exciting positions at speeds approaching 65 mph.

Brave guests begin their wild love affair just behind the Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster in the all-new Glory Hole City themed area. After being strapped aboard sexy floorless coaches seated four-abreast, the floor suddenly drops away and guests are whisked upwards nearly 16 stories in the air before plunging in and out, in and out through a tangled bush of track before jerking through a pair of unique interlocking corkscrew loops and a helix finale - a 2 minute and 30 second thrillride fantasy that guests will want to suit up to ride again and again!

No less impressive than the attraction's length and size is the attention to design detail. Thematic elements such as leather strap-ons, wooden paddles, whips, metal chains, stainless-steel handcuffs, and bamboo rods are of the many sensual props that will adorn the new roller coaster and its surrounding area. Dominatrix will immerse its guests in a world of bondage and foreplay and Kings Dominion's new commitment to world-class themed adult attractions will raise the bar in the amusement park industry!

“The addition of Dominatrix reflects our new commitment to combining world-class thrills with a fresh approach to the lucrative adult entertainment market,” said Greg Scheid, Kings Island’s vice president and general manager. “We’re looking for some real thrill seekers who are ready and willing to sit-back, horn-up, and get ready for some serious thrill-ride climaxing!”

Dominatrix will serve as an anchor to Kings Dominion's all-new themed area, Glory Hole City. Spanning nearly 6-acres adjacent to Scooby Doo's Ghoster Coaster and built on a former section of the car lot, the new park area will dazzle all self-proclaimed "Horn Dogs." Exciting retail, dining, and entertainment facilities will include the PeniSushi Bar, Spearmint Rhino Kings Dominion, Fellatio Funnel Cakes, The Bondage Factory, and NymphoNoodles. All guests must be at least 18 years of age to enter Glory Hole City and participate in its exciting attractions. All the retail and dining options of Glory Hole City are slated for a June 6th opening.

Construction is currently underway for the new park section and preparation has begun to erect Dominatrix during the upcoming long, hard, thick, and very wet winter months in time for an early Summer debut.

Kings Dominion is a 400-acre theme park that’s home to more than 40 rides and attractions. The park features one of the largest coaster collections on the East Coast, two children’s areas and WaterWorks, a 20-acre water playground. Located 20 miles north of Richmond, Va. and 75 miles south of Washington, D.C. Open daily during the summer; weekends in the spring and fall. For more information call (804) 876-5000 or visit KingsDominion.com.

Kings Dominion is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company.

Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, is a publicly traded partnership headquartered in Sandusky, Ohio. The Partnership is one of the largest regional amusement park operators in the world. Its parks are located in Ohio, California, North Carolina, Virginia / District of Columbia, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, and Toronto, Ontario. Cedar Fair also owns and operates Star Trek: The Experience, an interactive adventure located in Las Vegas, and operates the Bonfante Gardens in Gilroy, Calif. under a management contract.

###

FACT SHEET: Dominatrix

Attraction Name: Dominatrix

Description: Submissive thrillseekers experience throbbing excitement as Dominatrix thrusts through more than ½ a mile of steel tracking. Floorless and sexy, the Dominatrix ride vehicles travel up to 65 mph while inverting multiple times for nearly three minutes. Dominatrix -- "She'll Have You Cumming Back For More."

Manufacturer: Bolliger & Mabillard of Monthey, Switzerland

Ride Type: Steel, Floorless

Track Length: 4210 feet

Ride Speed: 65 mph

Height: 161 feet

Angle of descent: 57 degrees

Inversions: 5

Hourly Capacity: 1550 guests per hour per train

Riders: 32 (8 four-passenger rows per train)

3 trains

Ride Length: 2:30 minutes

Theme: BDSM

Opening Day: Memorial Day Weekend 2008

Height Requirement: 54"

###