TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Zoomers Amusement Park given new lease on life

^ One of these days I will learn to Google Maps, but anyway, you are right, not a lot of land there to be had. I do see space for the Comet II or the smaller wildcat I've been hearing is in storage. Other than that, something being built new at Larson or a wacky worm from one of the carnival ride operators who base out of south Texas would be my best go at what could be headed that way.

The world can use more of two things, wacky worms, and cow bell.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original coaster they had built was a Dragon Wagon. I highly doubt it's anything more than something on this magnitude. If it were Schwarzkopf, I would flip lid and be there every day. EVERY DAY.

I know who the family that purchased the park are, and now I need to do a lot more snooping. I was always just under the assumption it would be something minor. I still have doubts though.

^ I just thought of something Rudie. The Comet II has been for sale and is located in Texas while not traveling. It's also currently in containers that could be easily shipped.

That's pretty much the only options I can think of right now.

Way to step on my buzz... snf snf snf.... Although Comet II is also not a bad option, either.

For a Shuttle loop II/Flywheel model to fit, the plot has to be around 750x20 give or take a foot. With a platform, add another 20 ft at the station area.

For a WildCat III, the plot would have to be 210x60, platform area included.

And mind you, the neighbours might have something to say about this: Anton's shuttles all tended to be around 140 ft at max height- whereas a WildCat maxes out at 68 ft (Depending on model/location of lift/cupola, etc.)

Then there's the "HOLY HELL" idea: Buy both rides, and see the moving van with my stuff moving in next door...

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I've tried to do some follow up with them recently.

It is true about the coaster coming from Texas. Apparently it's going to be called "Cobra", or could also used to have been called Cobra, but my RCDB search doesn't find anything from Texas being larger than an Orient Express. They simply just put it as the "Cobra Roller Coaster" and said that it was purchased from Texas. I'm still trying to find out more.

I'm in the process of trying to get them to join the Southwest Florida Attractions Association, which should be exciting. This is a great park for the Fort Myers area to be getting, as the seasonal demographics are perfect. We're all looking forward to this park emerging.

Based on everything I've read on the last couple pages, my bet is on Greezed Lightnin'.

1) Listed for sale by IRM

2) Comes from Joyland in Texas

3) Fits in a confined space

4) Fits the description of an "adult coaster"

That's a pretty ambitious plan for them if they did indeed go with the Shuttle Loop. It's been in storage since 2006 so getting it up and running is a big task for a little FEC like this. That's the only thing that puts doubt in my mind about Greezed Lightnin' being the coaster. Very interested to hear more.

^ I worry we're getting our hopes up too. They also say that a tilt-a-whir is a thrill ride for both young and old. Just saying. While, I can only DREAM of a Swartz in my home town, I highly doubt it. It's probably a roller skater or something of the sort. The only two other coasters in the area are Dragon Wagons. So comparatively, a roller skater would be an upgrade.

Though we will see. We. Will. See.

So we have the coaster. Sorry to all of those hoping for a Schwarzkopf, but it's just a family coaster. This is perfect for our area though, and should be a pretty good fit. I asked them on their Facebook page what it was going to be, and this is the reply I got:

Neil, thanks for asking! The roller coaster is called the Cobra made by Wisdom. It's what's called a family coaster, track is 800+ linear feet in length and 2 spirals going as high as 40ft. We are not sure what park it came from but we do know it is coming from El Paso TX.

Done, and done. Excited for Fort Myers' first coaster credit!

Edit: This is the exact ride:

http://www.rcdb.com/2952.htm

^Well, I can't say I'm surprised. To be honest, I still find those coasters fun for the most part.

From the looks of it, the number of credits I need in Texas has been brought down to one! Although it appears it will go back up to two again by next year.

Sorry guys, it can't be Greezed Lightning...I have that on lay-a-way.

Even though there's a wink, it would NOT surprise me to see this open at Cowabunga Bay. We still haven't had an announcement (have we?) about this years new attraction?

Yeah, I know, the rumor mill, but Shane started it!

Sorry guys, it can't be Greezed Lightning...I have that on lay-a-way.

Even though there's a wink, it would NOT surprise me to see this open at Cowabunga Bay. We still haven't had an announcement (have we?) about this years new attraction?

Yeah, I know, the rumor mill, but Shane started it!

I’ll put an end to this rumor right away. The footprint of Greezed Lightnin is over 700 feet long. Our longest property boundary at Cowabunga Bay is a little shy of 400 feet.

I am probably the biggest Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop fan around and this isn’t to say that I wouldn’t someday like to own my very own personal model!