TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

"The Spectrum Song" is AWESOME!

"Blend them all, and what do you get? Cerise, Chartreuse and Aq-ua. Mauve, Beige, and Ultramarine and every color in between! Hazo-ka-li-ka-no-cha-lum-bum! Colour has its harmony, and just like I have said..."

world_of_color_26.jpg.102b8505af075c880392c3eefd2a77db.jpg

^ Except it's too bad that the Spectrum Song isn't actually part of the real show. This was just part of the little "pre-show" for the media day premiere they put together.

BTW, I've posted a better HD version of the show here:

--Robbb

^ Except it's too bad that the Spectrum Song isn't actually part of the real show. This was just part of the little "pre-show" for the media day premiere they put together.

BTW, I've posted a better HD version of the show here:

--Robbb

They should have replaced taken out one of the more repetitive segments and put that in there instead. So much more opportunity there than the really long Aladdin/Little Mermaid bits.

I must admit from watching the video it is a bit underwhelming. I didn't expect the second coming or anything from this, but what was said long ago in the initial video outlining what they were going after for the show ... is missing. Sure bit parts are there, only because they were drummed up so much in that first video (Cheshire cat for example) but I can't but help wonder why the changes...

Tech issues? Length? Management's creative control?

Even the scenes seemed a bit wonky on transitions...

Why did all of the Pixar movies need be lumped together? What purpose does Up serve?

Why, in the World of Color, is fire simply orange? Chemicals and other metals would definitely spice up the display and probably confuse those who didn't do chemistry.

I just can't see the limitless possibility this show had (especially in the very impassioned debut video outlining the goals) and not feel that this sort of just became one big cash grab by throwing as many characters in it at once, offering up more potential merchandise than small, 3rd world countries could ever produce.

And, oh yeah, I reserve final judgment for when I see it myself in person.

I must admit from watching the video it is a bit underwhelming. I didn't expect the second coming or anything from this, but what was said long ago in the initial video outlining what they were going after for the show ... is missing. Sure bit parts are there, only because they were drummed up so much in that first video (Cheshire cat for example) but I can't but help wonder why the changes...

Tech issues? Length? Management's creative control?

Even the scenes seemed a bit wonky on transitions...

Why did all of the Pixar movies need be lumped together? What purpose does Up serve?

Why, in the World of Color, is fire simply orange? Chemicals and other metals would definitely spice up the display and probably confuse those who didn't do chemistry.

Reportedly the show segments with Alice in Wonderland and some others didn't turn out visually as they hoped and instead added other segments. The story line of Lil Squirt didn't pan out as they hoped so it too was removed; now there are just some small transitions between water, space, and land. Same with the Chernanbog tower, that was removed due to how it looked in the final version of the show.

As Steven Davison has stated the show is easy to change and update, I wouldn't be surprised that sooner than later we'll see updates and changes to the main show.

Wow! Thanks for the video Robb!

I personally have not been following this project too heavily, and had little interest in it. However, after seeing this video I am really impressed! Yes, WOC has no plot line and in all honesty I feel like it's a thrown together combination of Philharmagic, Fantasmic! (WDW), and random pixar movies. Yet, after seeing this video I am amzed by how visually stunning water and lights can be. It is truly a beautiful show!

Congrats WDI! I hope it only gets better with time.

Add me to the "That looks amazing!" list. We're holding off until winter 2012 for our next Disneyland trip in anticipation of Carsland, but when we get there....

Gotta say, I worked in newspapers for more than a dozen years, and if you took all the press receptions I got to attend and smushed them together, the resulting menu wouldn't come even remotely close to the amazing things it looks like they had at this one!

Gotta say, I worked in newspapers for more than a dozen years, and if you took all the press receptions I got to attend and smushed them together, the resulting menu wouldn't come even remotely close to the amazing things it looks like they had at this one!

A friend of mine has attended a few Disneyland press events and is always impressed at how they go out of their way for the media, they've even hooked up a pass for his daughter when he didn't have a sitter.

Great video! And, wow, the food provided looked really amazing. I think when the time comes to see it I will definately be making either the picnic or dinner reservations to get a good spot and minimize the wait. I agree with the above, I would not wait 1.5 hours for any show, although I've certainly seen the DL squatters for the shows.

^People have been waiting twice that amount of time for Mainstreet Electrical Parade over at the Magic Kingdom. I don't put it past anyone to wait a ridiculously long period of time for one attraction/show anymore...

But Disney doesn't FORCE them to do it. At least for tonight, the fastpasses for the 9pm show said to get there at 7:30. Is this going to be the regular SOP?

^People have been waiting twice that amount of time for Mainstreet Electrical Parade over at the Magic Kingdom. I don't put it past anyone to wait a ridiculously long period of time for one attraction/show anymore...

But Disney doesn't FORCE them to do it. At least for tonight, the fastpasses for the 9pm show said to get there at 7:30. Is this going to be the regular SOP?

Just our of curiosity how easy were they to get? Im going on monday, so I dont expect it to be more crowded than it was today, but am I going to have to run lkike hell to grizzly to get a fastpass?

Great pictures! Really great video! Very mediocre show.I'll be watching the original version called Fantasmic over at the park across the street for the 50th time before I wait in a mob of people to watch that.

I guess big fountains just aren't my thing.

Just our of curiosity how easy were they to get? Im going on monday, so I dont expect it to be more crowded than it was today, but am I going to have to run lkike hell to grizzly to get a fastpass?

Today, there was a line constantly until around 12-1pm, when all the FastPasses were gone. You don't have to rush, you'll get a ticket. They opened up a third show (which is currently playing outside my hotel room -- here comes the whale!) today at 11:15, so assuming they keep doing that when demand's high, you'll be fine any time you go. But still go there first thing.

I got my FastPass at 7am today, got my spot almost exactly twelve hours later, and it was worth every minute I put into waiting. Plus, while everyone was at the second show, I was at Tower.