TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Poor Disney, now they have to idiot-proof the trams as well?!

I guess they need to be proactive against those whom are to stupid to stay in their seats. I've seen the tram workers do an excellent job at keeping adults on the outer seats with the young ones in the middle. But, I guess there is always someone who could be goofing off and tumble out onto the pavement, and in our litigious society Disney needs to protect themselves.

Good grief!

Those trams are for the new Toy Story lot:

Since the trams will have to travel down Harbor Blvd, they need doors to be street legal. It has nothing to do with idiot-proofing, and everything to do with federal NHTSA regulations.

^Uhhh I dunno about that.

I've been to DCA about a half dozen times in the last couple months, and the park (along with Downtown Disney) has been anything but "empty." 60 - 70 Minute lines for pretty much every major attraction (Cali Screamin, ToT, Toy Story, Mull Madness, Soarin and Grizzly), and that's not even in the full swing of summer. Atleast when I've been there the entire resort has been a madhouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I am quite stunned actually they are going through with Maliboomers removal. To replace it with essentially nothing, in a park known for not having many quality attractions. They are worried about capacity issues because of WOC, but then remove a ride that does draw a line before summer even starts! This makes zero sense.

I agree though, I do hope SFMM did buy the ride from Disney. That would be the silver lining.

I'm not surprised as I remember hearing rumors about its removal a while a go, and I'm surprised it wasn't removed sooner. If it is relocated, I could see it being relocated to Magic Mountain. With the addition of a drop tower and Wiggle's World, they could really help their flat ride selection with additions that would appeal to different age groups.

^^Totally agree. Just the slow climb to the top builds up so much more anticipation than just being blasted off from ground level.

But, Maliboomer would be a great fit, too. That park certainly needs something like that to go along with it's coaster heavy line-up.

Never liked Maliboomer much anyway. It was always my least favorite S&S tower, mostly due to the scream shields.

I don't know how much it would cost, but maybe Magic Mountain could buy Maliboomer, keep one tower in its current form, turn one into a Turbo Drop and turn the third into a Combo Tower. Then they would almost be getting three new rides (according to the general public, although it would really be one ride with three options), especially if they named each tower differently.

Of course, any Intamin drop tower beats an S&S, but if they need something cheap I'm sure this would be better than no tower.

Darn, I'd hoped this was the ride that S&S was referring too when they mentioned the possibility of upgrading their tower rides.

I do agree that SFMM would be a better fit, as I usually skip it at DCA, especially since ToT opened.

Well once Mailboomer is dismantled in September, and Mulholland Madness begins its transformation to Goofys Sky School in October, there's going to be a ((((((( large )))))))) corner of the park without any major attractions. But I guess that DCA is still a work in progress, so we'll have to wait and see what the imaginers do next.