TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I do hope that there is opportunity to acquire a "walk-in" reservation, I have a strong disdain for any system that does not accommodate for those who don't have their lives in order to plan specific dates or time slots far in advance.

Well, Iger did say that the land is opening a month early, and for that month, an entry reservation is required. Think of this as a soft open.. because, that's basically how this seeming to operate.

Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

This was my plan, but I saw on another credible site that they will not allow people to do this. Although how that will be enforced, and if so, when the cut of time would be, was not clear.

The same site said they do intended to offer single rider line, even for the previews, so that may be helpful if it pans out.

Although I wonder how many people will make the most of their time in the land and jump into the line 5 minutes before their time-slot is up.

This was my plan, but I saw on another credible site that they will not allow people to do this. Although how that will be enforced, and if so, when the cut of time would be, was not clear.

The same site said they do intended to offer single rider line, even for the previews, so that may be helpful if it pans out.

Simple: Cut off the line at whatever time they feel their hourly capacity can handle. If they know there's 5000 (or whatever the number is per reservation timeslot) people in the land, and their ride can only do 1500pph, you stop entry into the ride roughly an hour before the timeslot is over to ensure they cycle out on time.

Downtime will be the real wildcard. Do you allow those people to stay? Or do you just give them a bunch of readmits for rest of park and kick them out anyways?

^That's very easy on the operations side of things, but how is a guest supposed to know how many people are in the line/ride capacity? Let alone the possible downtime you mention.

^ Well, at least it's going to give the Storm Troopers something else to do,

besides walking around, posing for photos, etc.

And if what another Disney site posted, this will occur around noon; 4pm; 8pm.... and that's it, for now.

Three time periods for (most) everybody to freak out about, lol.

Also, this may turn into an unintended "entertainment" from Disney, with others

watching (and waiting to enter Edge) the "Herding of the 4-8pm Civilians" etc. LOL!

The Cast Members will know... and then stand at the entrance, to tell people the attraction is now closed.

That, and/or they can have a sign at the entrance that says "the line for this ride will close at...."

Which, for the sake of the cast members, I hope they do.

^ Well, at least it's going to give the Storm Troopers something else to do,

besides walking around, posing for photos, etc.

And if what another Disney site posted, this will occur around noon; 4pm; 8pm.... and that's it, for now.

Three time periods for (most) everybody to freak out about, lol.

Also, this may turn into an unintended "entertainment" from Disney, with others

watching (and waiting to enter Edge) the "Herding of the 4-8pm Civilians" etc. LOL!

Based on the entry times I've seen people report, I think they overlap. So during an operating day of 8am-midnight (which looks like every day except for Sunday June 2 for some reason), I believe it will be 8am-noon, 11am-3pm, 2pm-6pm, 5pm-9pm, and 8pm-midnight.

It will be interesting for sure.

Cool, it's a really fun way to make it look like the thought bubble thingies from the movie.

I'm not a fan at all of the whole Pixar Pier area. Anything Pixar and the Pier theme just don't go together. This to me is just a nice look flat ride that is out of place. The whole Pixar area belongs inside like Snoopy area at USJ or Dreamworks at Motiongate.

• 2 weeks later...

So I just spent the last two days on Batuu - aka - Disneyland's "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge!" I'll have a full report from the media event soon, but for now, as there is a *LOT* to process, let me just leave you with a few things to sink your teeth into...

D7y09XdUYAUpfTf.jpg

D7yVTDZVsAAqzNz.jpg

D72E4ASUYAAn8Ih.jpg

D72yXPHUEAEKJ__.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

So I just spent the last two days on Batuu - aka - Disneyland's "Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge!" I'll have a full report from the media event soon, but for now, as there is a *LOT* to process, let me just leave you with a few things to sink your teeth into...

I’ve been following along your socials and loving watching you experience this! Been waiting for you to post here! Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.