TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I'm missing the opening by just a few days but that's fine by me as I'd rather not deal with the opening weekend craziness that it will be. Actually hoping it works to my benefit and the park won't be as crowded with people just waiting a few days to go check out the Star Wars area instead.

I'm not a big Star Wars fan either but it looks absolutely amazing, I'll eventually check it out in Orlando.

Edited by Satans Hockey

It'd be fine if $tar War$ was an entire amusement park on its own. I don't like how it's invaded Di$neyland. Walt must be turning in his grave.

Ridiculous, who cares. You don't have to go into the land if you dislike it that much. The whole point of the parks is to make $$$ and this will make them a ton. It's not like Disney doesn't invest money back into the parks.

It'd be fine if $tar War$ was an entire amusement park on its own. I don't like how it's invaded Di$neyland. Walt must be turning in his grave.

I hate these comments. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WALT WOULD DO BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DEAD FOR 50 YEARS.

Also, Walt sold like every inch of the park he could to sponsors. And built an entire land (fantasyland) based on movie properties he owned.

I totally agree. I wish Disneyland would have kept rampant money-grabs like building a land out of a beloved Disney-owned series of movies out of the parks and instead brought back some of Walt's original, wholesome, non-commercial 1950's attractions like Kaiser’s Hall of Aluminum Fame, Dutch Boy Paint Color Gallery and the The Monsanto Hall of Chemistry.

They should bring back the Epcot ride about futuristic energy sources sponsored by ExxonMobil too.

This is an affront to Walt’s dream.

I hate these comments. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WALT WOULD DO BECAUSE HE HAS BEEN DEAD FOR 50 YEARS.

Also, Walt sold like every inch of the park he could to sponsors. And built an entire land (fantasyland) based on movie properties he owned.

All I'm saying is, Star Wars could be its own park instead of cramming it into a park already over stuffed and overcrowded with outrageous ticket prices.

All I'm saying is, Star Wars could be its own park instead of cramming it into a park already over stuffed and overcrowded with outrageous ticket prices.

But if it was its own park, wouldn't you have to buy an additional entrance ticket which would make it even more expensive? At least by adding it to an existing park you get better value for money out of your outrageous ticket price.

But if it was its own park, wouldn't you have to buy an additional entrance ticket which would make it even more expensive? At least by adding it to an existing park you get better value for money out of your outrageous ticket price.

Not another park like California Adventure is a part of Disney, bit a totally separate thing, like Magic Mountain when it was its own thing. Forget Disney.

Not another park like California Adventure is a part of Disney, bit a totally separate thing, like Magic Mountain when it was its own thing. Forget Disney.

Even die-hard fans get burned out. There's a reason why intellectual properties in a theme park are only represented as single lands, single attractions, or hotels.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around..."like Magic Mountain, when it was it's own thing."

The confusion is highlighted. Do you mean, when MM didn't have (current) IPs in it's theming,

and had it's own mascots (Wizard and Trolls) for it's original theming? That was "it's own thing?"

Hotel prices for Star Wars opening day:

Grand Californian: $763

Disneyland Hotel: $613

Paradise Pier: Sold Out.

I refuse to believe that the hotel project for DtD is dead.

Whoa! Early entry better start at 4am for hotel guests. The hotel project or projects will come back alive sooner than later. I am glad however, they didn't put the rather plain design hotel there right on that spot. Be nice to see something more like Disney Springs be placed there.

763 bucks? Jeez, that's a lot. I betcha they won't even have early entry for Galaxy's Edge. So essentially you're paying near a thousand dollars to realize that you should probably start camping out the day before, when the line's only still in Anaheim? Disney really wants some money to be made, huh?

763 bucks? Jeez, that's a lot. I betcha they won't even have early entry for Galaxy's Edge. So essentially you're paying near a thousand dollars to realize that you should probably start camping out the day before, when the line's only still in Anaheim? Disney really wants some money to be made, huh?

Would imagine the reason the rates are so high is precisely because they will offer early entry or be given first dibs on the time reservations for the land.

Guests planning to visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland Park between May 31 and June 23, 2019, will need valid theme park admission and will be required to make a no-cost reservation, subject to availability, to access the land. Information on how to make a reservation will be available at a later date on Disneyland.com and the Disney Parks Blog. Guests staying at one of the three Disneyland Resort hotels during these dates will receive a designated reservation to access Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge during their stay (one reservation per registered guest); valid theme park admission is required.

For any non-local who doesn't have chance to wait out the crowds, dropping $600 on a hotel room to guarantee their family access to Star Wars on their once in a lifetime Disney vacation would be well worth it.

So I'm planning on going during the week of May 13. I do want to experience Galaxy's Edge eventually, but I'm not someone that NEEDS to right as it opens. I'm fine with waiting a couple years. As someone who lives across the country and only gets there a couple times per decade, I don't want my entire Disney experience hampered by insane crowds. Is that solid logic, or am I crazy?

Sounds like you're going a couple of weeks before the hard opening. That said, I was pretty surprised by the crowds at DL on my trip 3 years ago. We picked a random late-July Wednesday and it was about as busy as I've ever seen any park I've visited. That was a little shocking, especially when we were tricked into thinking we had hit the jackpot by relatively light crowds at DCA the day before. I can't imagine what it's like on a weekend or holiday or in the days after Galaxy's Edge opens.

Oh no doubt. The last time I went a few years ago was in July with heavy crowds. But it was very manageable with FastPass, and we plan to fully utilize that again. I'm wondering if there will be a noticeable volume influx after opening throughout the rest of the parks, versus a few weeks before. ^But like you said, busy is busy.