TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ I dont know about the bulb, but the plastic flower bloom surrounding it was from the parade.

Also, Joey, why wouldn't they just use the old busted lights...? Instead of having to buy thousands of lights just to put them into the flower.

I seem to recall Disney got caught and even admitted this was the case. I will have to google to try and find more info.

Edited by Jew

^ I dont know about the bulb, but the plastic flower bloom surrounding it was from the parade.

Also, Joey, why wouldn't they just use the old busted lights...? Instead of having to buy thousands of lights just to put them into the flower.

I don't know why, but I do vaguely remember there being some controversy around the lights they sold. Maybe I am mistaken and the controversy was that they were spares and not actually used as they stated?

Yay!!! Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters to Open March 7th!!

Disney Parks Blog

As we told you last year, Luigi has invited his cousins from Carsoli, Italy, to Radiator Springs for a special celebration! Today, I’m very eccitata to tell you that the celebration will begin when Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters opens March 7 at Disney California Adventure park.

Luigi1-900.jpg.20e6ab945b6c36014be76d917086907d.jpgLuigi4-900.jpg.3652494d1290eeb0370bbfe52b5362d0.jpg

In this all-new attraction, Luigi will turn the tire storage yard behind his Casa Della Tires into a dance floor! Cars Land guests will be able to ride along with Luigi’s cousins as they move and spin to upbeat Italian music, performing the traditional dances of their hometown village.

Each dancing car will have its own high-spirited personality and signature dance moves – making every ride unpredictable, as you won’t know which way they will turn and spin next! Take a look at how Walt Disney Imagineering created this carefully choreographed dance in this behind-the-scenes video:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I'll be going to Disneyland for the first time in over 8 years on April 4th or 5th, and I'm going to need some advice from more frequent visitors about the park like what rides should I try to get on first and how early should I get there because the park is open from 8 to 11 on either day I choose. Any advice is good advice!

I'll be going to Disneyland for the first time in over 8 years on April 4th or 5th, and I'm going to need some advice from more frequent visitors about the park like what rides should I try to get on first and how early should I get there because the park is open from 8 to 11 on either day I choose. Any advice is good advice!

You should get to the park at least 1 hour prior to opening.

Make sure you get a FastPass for HyperSpace Mountain as soon as possible, they do "sell out" early.

If you visit DCA make sure you get a FastPass first thing in the morning for Racers then head straight to Toy Story Mania. Toy Story will always have a wait at least 30 min or more after the first hour the park is open.

If you want to do the Fantasyland dark rides, either ride them early in the morning or just prior to park closing.

Have fun.

Arrive at WOC somewhere between 45-30 minutes early

Yay!!! Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters to Open March 7th!!

And do my eyes deceive me, or are the vehicles' trackless base getting smaller with this design?

Awesome! In no time at all, the design for trackless vehicles will get so refined, the vehicle won't

even appear to have a base of that kind/sort.

The cars all spinning in sync together at the end of the video, is quite cool to see, too.

Somebody asked earlier, but is there any word on a possible FastPass set up for this?

Great to read it's opening real soon!

Fastpass has never been mentioned for this ride, so I dont see why they would add it.

As for loading, there's two things that come to mind that could speed up capacity.

For one, the car seems MUCH easier to load then the tire. There wont be anyone tripping or needing help to get out. Load times could be as long as 5-6 minutes! Add is the Accessible vehicle that needed to me manually pushed out and bought back every time. It was crazy how long load times could be with the tires.

Second, the Flying tires ride had a rather long ride time of over 2 minutes based on videos. Compared to other similar rides like Mater's, Tea Cups, or Dumbo which are closer to a minute and a half.

So, with these two things, they should have much better capacity.

^ The ride time was the other thing I was wondering about. Thanks for the comparison, Chris.

EDIT to add: I am also excited about this attraction, as it's really the first trackless vehicle Disney

has created, that en masse, works as an entire open thing that all the gp can watch, and see

how brilliant trackless technology is! I mean, before this, every attraction that was trackless

was part of a dark ride experience, or like Aquatopia, with many other elements (water) involved.

This looks totally open, with nothing to work around, except the other cars. I love it!

I also am excited about how this will look at night, with all the lighting, headlights, etc. involved.

"Italian Square Dancing!"

For a visitor to Disneyland, I would also recommend the following.

As noted above, get there early. The lines start at the garage, just to pay for parking. If, while in garage, there is line for escalator, take the stairs.Then, there is line for waiting for tram. Or, optionally, walk it to front gate, takes about 15 minutes or so. Then there is security, which can mean 2 lines. One for bag inspection, then line for the metal detectors. If you have to buy your ticket for the day, line for purchasing, which can move slow. Then finally, line for entrance into park. So, it does pay off to start the process an hour before park opening.

One handy thing to have is the Disneyland App, which shows the wait times on attractions. And on the FP, it lists the time when you can pick up another Fast Pass. On a busy day, pretty important to maximize those FP.

For example, once in Disneyland, head to Hyperspace MT., get the fast pass. And if the standby line is 30-40 min or less, I would also jump in line. At least you can do it twice. The line grows to 75-110 standby quickly. Everyone loves it. Odds are, after finishing the first ride on Space MT., you might be able to pick up a FP for another ride, say, Star Tours (whose FP machines are next to Buzz Lightyear entrance). Star Wars Launch Bay is a waste of time, as is Path of The Jedi - which is a collection of clips and trailer for The Force Awakens, so I would only see those if your are killing time while waiting for FP return time while in the area.

My typical pattern is to then check their App for wait times for the surrounding attractions, Matterhorn and Nemo. But also to check the times for the other side of the park, say Splash Mt., Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indy, and Big Thunder. With Matterhorn not being on the FP system, typically we head towards Splash Mt., pick up an FP for Indy or Big Thunder, then hit Splash Mt., then work backwards. One thing about Splash, it does get you you wet, sometimes quite a bit. Depending on weather for the day, could be good thing or go very bad. I always at least bring a ziplock bag to keep phone and wallet dry at the very least.

Luigi's Roadsters ain't gonna be a hair raiser, but it looks like a complete joy! Everyone on the ride just looked like they couldn't stop smiling, especially with that music. What a great idea!

It sure is a funny looking ride! It doesn't look like much from the video, but I can definitely imagine this being very fun when you're on the ride. With the trackless technology you don't know where you're going, and I can easily see one getting the feeling that you're going to hit other cars along the way.

Looking good! Reminds me of watching DCA grow up from a parking lot all those years ago. I am also fascinated with what they plan to do to keep the crowds appeased during 2017/18/19 given the fact that admission prices will keep increasing before Star Wars land opens. Of course, it looks like they could add nothing attraction wise those years and the resort will stay hopping.