TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Looks like the Disneyland Resort is getting back into the Rose parade this year!

Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Float to Dazzle at 2016 Rose Parade

posted on November 6th, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

RoseParadeFloat.jpg.ded9de0f6862a893c95d601875c9651d.jpg

The magic of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration will come to life in the Rose Parade, broadcast live from Pasadena, Calif., on January 1, 2016. This year’s parade theme is “Find Your Adventure” – and adventure is something you find with every visit to the Disneyland Resort!

Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Float to Dazzle at 2016 Rose Parade

The Disneyland Resort will celebrate 60 dazzling years with a float honoring some of the most exciting adventures that await guests at the Happiest Place on Earth. At the heart of the float is a sparkling recreation of Sleeping Beauty Castle, complete with Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse welcoming everyone to the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration. Flanking the castle are two adventures that are brought to life at the Disneyland Resort. The first comes from the world of “Frozen,” whose music, stories and characters delight kids of all ages at Disney California Adventure park. Representing “Frozen” is Elsa’s ice castle – straight out of Arendelle – accompanied by Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff. Then we make the jump to hyperspace and travel to a galaxy far, far away for a thrilling adventure dedicated to the Star Wars films and exciting new Star Wars experiences at Disneyland park.

We’ll have more to share as this beautiful float takes shape, so keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog. And be sure to watch the Rose Parade – either in person on January 1, 2016, in Pasadena or live on ABC-TV.

Disney Parks Blog

----------------

For those who may not be local, the Rose Parade is a Southern California Tradition for New Years Day. Clicky!

I'm going to be at the parks next Wednesday and Thursday. Can't wait to check out all of the holiday special events, the awesome new food items, and all of the Star Wars funkiness! Hyperspace Mountain is definitely the first stop of the day!

Just making sure you know, but the Season of the force stuff doesn't start till November 16th. So, hopefully mean that Wednesday and Thursday.

Yeah, next Wednesday and Thursday, not this Wednesday and Thursday. 18th and 19th. Believe me, I've checked, double checked, and checked again on opening dates. Had a fright yesterday when I read December 1st in reference to Orlando, haha.

I'm going to be at the parks next Wednesday and Thursday. Can't wait to check out all of the holiday special events, the awesome new food items, and all of the Star Wars funkiness! Hyperspace Mountain is definitely the first stop of the day!

I will ALSO be at DL/DCA next Wed/Thurs before heading up to Burbank to be a part of a panel discussion at CTN Expo! See you at the park!

http://www.ctnanimationexpo.com/

Just making sure you know, but the Season of the force stuff doesn't start till November 16th. So, hopefully mean that Wednesday and Thursday.

Yeah, next Wednesday and Thursday, not this Wednesday and Thursday. 18th and 19th. Believe me, I've checked, double checked, and checked again on opening dates. Had a fright yesterday when I read December 1st in reference to Orlando, haha.

I will also be there on Thursday! Can't wait to try out the new stuff for Seasons of the Force.

We were there at the park yesterday and were able to do 13 of the main rides and all four shows at Disneyland. It was the first day of Christmas for them as well. I had never seen all of the lights before at Disneyland because last year was my first year going to the parks during Christmastime but we ended our day at DCA instead. Disneyland during Christmas really is stunning! I was blown away by all the lights on Small World.

I was completely amazed with all of the shows but especially paint the night and the fireworks show. Completely breathtaking. Disney shows are just on a whole nother level!

We also ate at Carthay Circle Theater which is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to! The food was excellent (we got several starters including the blue crab, ceviche, and the corn tamale.) But one of the best things about the restaurant was the cocktails! I had three and all of them were amazing!

But my whole reason for posting is because Hyperspace Mountain (Star Wars overlay of Space Mountain) soft opened for two hours yesterday and we were there at just the right time to ride it. It was amazing! I'm not huge into Star Wars and I thought it completely refreshed the ride and made it super exciting and awesome. If you like Star Wars, you're going to love this ride! Its scheduled to officially open on Monday but if you're at the park today, keep an eye on it!

I am kind of hoping that it stays Hyperspace Mt. going forward, and drop in Ghost Galaxy for Halloween time. The ride actually has a story now with a beginning and the end. Much like Ghost Galaxy, the projections and new soundtrack make Space Mt. a much better overall experience. I was there Sat., and it was doing soft open as well. Line was long, no FP at the time we were there. Didn't get to see if Star Tours had added the new location yet. Did see Path of The Jedi, a clip show that ends with the latest Star Wars movie trailer, with some scattered in theater effects. Did not try Galatic Grill, food looked more or less the same, and the new burger on the "dark side" looked too spicy for my tastes. The sign looks great though. Have to go back and look at launch bay and Star Tours next time.

Really appreciate Paint The Night, and that the soundtrack varies, much unlike Christmas Fantasy parade. Kind of burn out on the music by the time the Christmas parade is over. Sat in front of Small World as Paint The Night rolled by, which made for a pretty amazing view. Took in DCA's Winter Dreams, which ran at 9 pm. I actually prefer it over the normal WOC, much like I only enjoy Small World and Jungle/Jingle Cruise during the holidays.

^I really like the Paint the Night music. But, I also like Owl City, and they (He) did the music for the show.

I also rode Hyperspace Mountain over the weekend. And it was really really cool. Same projection locations as Ghost Galaxy, but they either upgraded the projectors, or found a way to make them work even better. There was no light when the projector wasn't projecting something (during Ghost Galaxy, you could still see the blob of light after the video stopped). But what really surprised me was the additional effects that takes the ride beyond Ghost Galaxy. But, as much as I loved this ride, I dont think it should (or will) be there permanently. Its a seasonal overlay for a reason, once its on a normal schedule, it will fill a time of year that might be slower for the park. That's what seasonal events are designed to do.

I also at the new Galactic Grill for breakfast. Had the Darth Tamale, and I have to say for the price, you get a lot of food. And it was really really good!

Path of the Jedi, Launch Bay, and the added Star Tours Scene were not available on Sunday morning when I was there.

Yes, it pretty much matched the picture exactly. And its more filling then it looks.

EDIT: I'd also like to say that the food tasted great! Full of flavor that wasn't salt. And anyone that I know that has tried any of the new offerings has really enjoyed them. Per usual, a certain Mouse themed website has nothing but negative reviews about everything. Do not listen to them, and make your own decisions....

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Hey everyone!

I have family visiting me from Scotland tomorrow. There are a few kids and a few older folks. Would Novemember 30th be a busy day to go? I know these new Star Wars upgrades will probably spike it up a little. Appreciate any input. I haven't been to Disney in a loooong time

Thanks!