TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I was at the park today and every time I walked by BTMR it was running. I watched it during lunch and trains were coming by every 90 seconds or so. With cast member previews coming up very soon, I'm guessing it will be in the soft opening phase within a couple weeks and fully operational by the start of spring break season.

Other random notes from today:

-Overall today was a good day at the park. Crowds inside Disneyland were almost non-existent outside of Fantasyland in the morning (only Star Tours had more than a 5 minute wait), and even at DCA and later in the day most attractions were posting 15-20 minute waits (only majors I saw longer waits for were Toy Story Midway Mania and Radiator Springs Racers). The downside of today was that a number of attractions are still in refurbishment, so several attractions I typically do (most notably Splash Mountain and Soarin' Over California) were not open.

-I was surprised Indiana Jones Adventure was running today as the ride had a major show quality issue: there wasn't a single light on in the Chamber of Destiny. You just turned the corner and it was pitch black until the doors opened. The audio still worked, but I'd feel sorry for anyone who got this as their first time on the ride.

-Randomly got drenched on the Matterhorn Bobsleds. Seriously, I got almost as wet on it as I did on Grizzly River Run later in the day. Getting sprayed a bit isn't uncommon, but I don't think I've ever gotten a real splash on the ride before.

-One of the cars in front of me broke on Autopia and created a 20 car pileup in the middle of the ride. Quite funny as I happened to be riding right around rush hour. Also got into a race with a guy on the track next to me (I lost).

-Over at DCA, Radiator Springs Racers seemed to have a large number of malfunctioning effects. Unfortunately, that ride seems to have minor issues quite frequently.

-Random uninformed GP quote of the day: "Space Mountain has two tracks, but one isn't used anymore because it broke and a car flew off."

Since it's at DL in Anaheim, I am guessing the majority of the reports will be bragging about how it is the best of all the Thunder Mountains and the greatest thing ever.

Would you expect anything less? Plus the opinions will come from people who haven't visited the other Disney parks.

You think regular pass holder are bad....? These groups can be the worst. They have had turf wars (in a sense, lol. Not a real fight ) and have heard they have caused issues for regular park guests, but I think that's more related to the seating. Not to mention taking up large areas of seating and being rude to Cast Members. Of all the Cast Member interactions I've heard about them. it's never been anything but issues.

A theme park is not designed for people to lounge around in seating areas for hours and take up valuable space that could be making the park money. I don't know what can be done about the groups though.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

I haven't had a bad experience with them yet. If what you're saying is true, then yea definitely is an issue that could possibly get worse.

These have been first had accounts from a few CMs. Not saying EVERYONE is bad, cause I don't know that, but I have yet to hear good things. But this is also a recent development as well. Could just be one group. Could even be one person making waves, I don't know.

I guess based off of my looks, my VIP tour guide asked if I was a part of/or desired to be a part of one of those social clubs and what I thought of them. My only answer was, "I have a handful of friends in some well known MC's that wouldn't take too kindly to people wearing biker cuts, they'd find it pretty disrespectful..."

So when does the initiation start for Club TPR?

There's certainly nothing wrong with a group sharing a common love of the park hanging out there (hey, that's what we do too!)…but it's just weird trying to act like they are anything more than just friends hanging out at the park.

Rock Your Disney Side: 24-Hour Event at Magic Kingdom & Disneyland

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/

Experience Disney magic during an unforgettable 24-hour party taking place within the theme parks—from coast to coast.

Laugh bigger, scream louder and stay out all day and night at an enchanting summer kick-off celebration! No matter which coast you find yourself on, prepare to "Rock Your Disney Side" with a gang of pirates, princesses, villains and party animals, right inside select Disney Parks!

From 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM, May 23 to May 24, 2014, you and your family are invited to dress up for the occasion and join a gathering of Disney heroes and villains for 24 hours of fun and follies—along with a selection of beloved attractions, popular shows and classic entertainment only Disney can bring to life.

Whether you make your way to the Theme Parks of Disneyland Resort in California or find yourself at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you're sure to enjoy a memory-making day and night that will go down in history as "wicked fun for everyone."

So come as a prince, princess or pirate; a monster, a mermaid or even a Mad Hatter—whatever rocks your Disney Side!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/

I've heard Disneyland gets pretty packed at these events. Can't wait to see some reports!

^Understood. Not to mention the vests look tacky.

LOL, I think they look terrible, Social club or not. I would never wear one of those! I'm sure there are other, better dressed ones who blend in better.

I remember seeing them the last time I was there and thinking how dumb and odd they looked. It reminds me of the Dapper Dan people, but the 'gangs' are always there.

The 24 hour events are quite the spectacle! I definately reccomend getting there early if you plan on going. I also reccommend not buying a ticket to go because you're going to spend more time waiting in crowds then riding rides. But if you're a passholder, you have every reason to go imo

Another 24hr event where the parks are sure be filled beyond capacity? No thanks!

The last one they did, when DCA and Disneyland were open. (DCA closed at 12 I think, instead of its normal early time) the parks were crowded, but very manageable. Most people go just to be apart of it, not to get on all the rides. Lines are still long, yes, but it seems to be a different mood cause everyone is there for a different reason then normal.

Finally! Its got an opening date!!! And it beat the Mine Train in Florida! LOL JkJk

Disney Parks Blog

"Starbucks to Open March 10 in the Downtown Disney District at the Disneyland Resort

posted on March 7th, 2014 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Coffee lovers are getting ready to celebrate another Starbucks location at Disneyland Resort. Opening March 10 in the Downtown Disney District – conveniently located near the World of Disney store – this new store will be a first of its kind for guests, providing a unique Starbucks coffeehouse experience.

DSB125467SMALL.jpg.6726cd4cb03b899f47dfdbbdbb22a506.jpg

Starbucks Coming to Downtown Disney District at Disneyland Resort this Winter

This location complements the current Starbucks signature beverage and pastry offerings at Market House in Disneyland park and Fiddler, Fifer & Practical Cafe in Disney California Adventure park.

Check back here Monday, when we’ll take you inside this brand-new store!"

Also, the walls came down last night from out in front. I think it looks really nice. Modern, but it still blends with the Craftsman look.

Mint Crocodile

BiI5DOzCYAAQF4x.thumb.jpg.143ef3f83079240fd0a28aaf8d0d1c79.jpg

Another 24hr event where the parks are sure be filled beyond capacity? No thanks!

The last one they did, when DCA and Disneyland were open. (DCA closed at 12 I think, instead of its normal early time) the parks were crowded, but very manageable. Most people go just to be apart of it, not to get on all the rides. Lines are still long, yes, but it seems to be a different mood cause everyone is there for a different reason then normal.

The one they did in May only part of DCA was open for the 24hrs as they still had grad night that night so that took up most of the park