TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^Sounds like you had a great trip. Downtown Disney is a good option for dining if you want a short break from the parks, and some less expensive food. The Anaheim Plaza is definitely excellent value for the location, I think we only paid $70/night in May - and only a five minute walk from the front gate!

I just wanted to give my take on the GAC changes as I just heard about this last night. I've read so many comments targeted at individuals with autism or families with children on the spectrum. Please realize that that is not the only form of disability.

Not every disability is the same. I have a condition that often causes me to spend hours at a time in a restroom or laying down in pain. When I go to a park for an entire day there may only be an hour total that I am in condition to enjoy the park experience. I used to be able to enjoy the experience with the help of a GAC card. I will not be able to enjoy the experience with the new system.

Believe me when I say I wish I didn’t NEED immediate access to the rides. I wish I could wait in line with you. I really do.

I just wanted to give my take on the GAC changes as I just heard about this last night. I've read so many comments targeted at individuals with autism or families with children on the spectrum. Please realize that that is not the only form of disability.

Not every disability is the same. I have a condition that often causes me to spend hours at a time in a restroom or laying down in pain. When I go to a park for an entire day there may only be an hour total that I am in condition to enjoy the park experience. I used to be able to enjoy the experience with the help of a GAC card. I will not be able to enjoy the experience with the new system.

Believe me when I say I wish I didn’t NEED immediate access to the rides. I wish I could wait in line with you. I really do.

Sorry for your condition But you still do get access to the front, just not when ever you want. How do you normally visit the park? Do you wait until you feel good then enter the park, ride every thing you can while you feel ok then leave?

Sorry for your condition But you still do get access to the front, just not when ever you want. How do you normally visit the park? Do you wait until you feel good then enter the park, ride every thing you can while you feel ok then leave?

Thanks gisco, no need to be sorry. It is what it is.

To answer your question, there isn't really a typical plan of attack for me. It depends on how badly my condition is flaring. There are times where I am definitely not feeling well enough to go to a park so I just stay home. When I do go I could be feeling excellent one minute and terrible the next. I guess I normally try to go when I am feeling at least decent and on good days I wait in the normal lines. On mediocre days I will usually have to sit or lay down throughout the day and ride a few rides when I am feeling ok.

This past spring I took my sister and the little girl she was fostering to WDW. When I was feeling well enough to ride a ride with them but knew I couldn't risk a two hour line I would use the GAC to enjoy the experience with the two of them. When I wasn't feeling good enough I would sit out or go lay down.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/two-new-breakfast-scrambles-at-the-cozy-cone-motel-at-cars-land-in-disney-california-adventure-park/

Chefs are “scrambling” the breakfast menu at the Cozy Cone Motel in Cars Land, adding two new hearty breakfast cones to start your day in the park. A smart first stop – you can munch and walk, no need to linger as the neat bread wrappers are made for on-the-go eating.

Fans of zesty chorizo will go for the Chorizo and Eggs Cone, with scrambled eggs, chorizo, tart tomatillo sauce and a finish of fresh pico de gallo. (That’s our favorite.)

Or try the Southwest Scramble Cone with a substantial filling of scrambled eggs, bell peppers, onions, roasted corn, black beans, Cheddar cheese and a kicky avocado corn salsa.

Both are $6.99 plus tax and on the menu from park opening until 11 a.m. Stay tuned for more ideas. And beginning November 6, the Cars Land Dinoco blue “holiday cone” sippers are back while supplies lasts.

cco922039Large-1.jpg.62c7df4ac32c5dc483894cc90d833faf.jpg

swi229382Large.jpg.bc79f3b73e96554408d08dc6af315faa.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/10/jungle-cruise-goes-jingle-cruise-for-the-holidays-at-disneyland-park-magic-kingdom-park/

We just got word from our friends in Walt Disney Imagineering that an Adventureland attraction will receive its first-ever holiday makeover this year. Beginning in early November, Jungle Cruise at both Disneyland park and Magic Kingdom Park will temporarily transform into “Jingle Cruise” for the holiday season!

In this new seasonal storyline of the attraction, the Skippers have grown homesick for the holidays, so they’ve added holiday cheer to the Jungle Cruise queue and boathouse with decorations that have been mailed to them from home (plus a few they’ve created themselves). The Skippers have also added a slew of new jokes to their tours that are the perfect way to get guests in the holiday spirit. Additionally, Jungle Cruise boats have been renamed with the holidays in mind, and if guests listen carefully, they may hear a holiday-themed radio broadcast playing in the background.

Jingle Cruise will begin launches in early November at both parks. Be sure to keep your eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more updates!

What do you think? Will you board the Jingle Cruise this holiday season? Tell us in the “Comments” section below!

JBT298481LARGE.jpg.ea77cb4e27a4740dd8964caf1e1e6ce5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If they ever were going to do the third gate for Disneyland resort, Star Wars would be their best ip anchor for a new park. Hope they announce something more concrete prior to the next movie in Dec 2015.

^I agree with this. I think it would be a nice adjunct to Tomorrowland. That being said, Tomorrowland has always been a bit problematic, because today's planned future is tomorrow's retro past.

"Always in motion, the future is," as Yoda would say. Star Wars would have more of a "timeless" quality, at least.