TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Did anyone answer my question about the crazy Premier Pass for both US Disney Parks? Wondering what that increase is? If it doesn't get a big increase, it would easily pay for a lot of you SoCal Premium people to get that and come visit the Florida parks once a year!

Did anyone answer my question about the crazy Premier Pass for both US Disney Parks? Wondering what that increase is? If it doesn't get a big increase, it would easily pay for a lot of you SoCal Premium people to get that and come visit the Florida parks once a year!

Erin Glover of the DisneyParks Blog just answered that question just now and said it will be $849 for the Premier Pass starting May 20th as well.

Also a reader on the blog mentioned calling the AP Hotline and they were told they have until July 1st to renew with the old rates but ONLY if your pass expires within 40 days before July 1st. Hope it's true since mine expires in July.

I think there's an alterior motive here. They want to price out premium pass holders to keep the number of visiting pass. holders down the most busy of days. Like when hotels valet rate was raised to $58 for non hotel guest, the idea was to discourage nonhotel guests from filling our limited parking.

They have to pay for Ariel's new hair somehow!

As garish as the Mad Tea Party is, at least they are doing something visually interesting with the area. Just wish they would put a tad more creativity into Maliboomer's grave site.

Yeah, I also called and was told I can renew by July 1st to get last year's rate; I did this last year when I got the pass and paid the 2011 price. If I were to do that, my pass would have the same expiration - July 2013.

Instead of doing that, I bought a pass at The Disney Store and it's good for its first use until December 31st, 2012.

So, I'll ride out my premium pass until the middle of July, skip going this summer when Carsland/CA ADV will be insane, and start up my new pass next December.

For those of you who plan on doing this, buy a pass 'voucher' tonight; tomorrow, you'll be SOL.

As much as it pains me to say it, I totally agree with Joey. He is right on the money. Disney is clearly pricing the passes higher to try and get rid of the "babysitter" effect you see at Knott's and SFMM and were starting to see at Disney. Hopefully it will also get rid of some of the real ASSHOLDERS out there.

I do NOT agree that they're product is anywhere near the Tokyo product, but I see the similarities for sure.

That is what I was getting at. Having such a large population base with access to the park (like in Tokyo) makes it necessary to raise the price of the AP's to better control when they visit.

As far as 1-day ticket prices go, I wonder how many people actually pay full price and only visit one park to begin with? There's so many ways to get cheaper tickets (I know for me personally, I could go through either my workplace, costco, or AAA), let alone all the vacation packages and multi-day ticket options that lower the cost per day...

So it's only $200 more to add all of WDW to your pass!?!? Wow, what a deal! Any of you still up for keeping your premium SoCal pass should upgrade and make the trip out here!

My thoughts exactly. It may be a little more expensive to buy a Disneyland annual pass, but to add Walt Disney World to said pass for only $200 is as a pretty fantastic offering!

Doing some further math here... The Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass for Walt Disney World is current priced at $542 and without the Florida Resident deal it is $692. The new price of the Premier Passport is $850, so for a difference of either $300 (for FL resident) or $158 (regular), you get the Premium Pass for the Disneyland Resort ($649), plus the the Walt Disney World Resort Premium Pass ($542 or $692) all in one. So by paying $850 for the Premier Passport, you would save anywhere from from $342 with the FL resident price, to $492 without (when compared to buying both premium passes separately). While it is still $100 more than I paid last year for the same pass, it is still a steal for existing pass holders at either resort... At least if my math is correct.

They have to pay for Ariel's new hair somehow!

As garish as the Mad Tea Party is, at least they are doing something visually interesting with the area. Just wish they would put a tad more creativity into Maliboomer's grave site.

I wasn't quite sure what to think of Mad T Party initially, but the concept art did show potential. Seeing it now however...

Blech.... I don't like it at all.The execution seems very iffy. With ElecTRONica they were able to blend sort of the Hollywood "city" motif with the futuristic TRON elements qite well. Not so here...with another TRON movie slated to be debuting in a few years I hope they'll decide to bring back ElecTRONica.

Far more appealing.

True! I wish the show would have been placed behind a massive gate, or a moving facade, so it was not as visible during the day. Well, maybe it will be addressed in the next cycle of improvements.

True! I wish the show would have been placed behind a massive gate, or a moving facade, so it was not as visible during the day. Well, maybe it will be addressed in the next cycle of improvements.

Yeah. I think it would be cool if they could do some kind of permanent integration with this type of thing. It would be pretty cool to have Hollywood look completely normal during the day, but then at night have them use those special prespective projectors that would make the buildings and scenery come alive without having to make any major changes. Not only would it look great, but it could also be changed/modified relatively easy by reanimating the projectors and redoing costumes rather than redoing all this massive gaudy scenery...

As much as it pains me to say it, I totally agree with Joey. He is right on the money. Disney is clearly pricing the passes higher to try and get rid of the "babysitter" effect you see at Knott's and SFMM and were starting to see at Disney. Hopefully it will also get rid of some of the real ASSHOLDERS out there.

This. A reduction in these two types of season pass users would be a GREAT thing for Disney. I'd love to see other park chains do the same thing. Parks should not be baby sitting services.

I do NOT agree that they're product is anywhere near the Tokyo product, but I see the similarities for sure.

And this. It would take a lot of work (and somehow cloning Tokyo Disney Sea) to make the CA product even begin to be anything remotely close to the Tokyo product. Or, as I've said in the past, Lava Monster > Carsland...

dt

We renewed on Saturday, were planning on it anyway, so it was just a happy coincidence.

We won't be renewing next year. We've reached the threshold of: "Is the park worth it for "How much we are paying vs How much we go"". And the answer is now going to be no.

As far as the impact of this, of course many people are going to not renew but the payment plan is going to factor in here (as others have said) because people don't look at that (even though they should).

I think the FAR bigger impact is going to be people simply downgrading. Which means the days that everybody is blocked out are going to be the least busy days at the park.

Well like others I was expecting an increase this year, though this is a bit higher than I imagined.

Now for what I spent this year on my Premium pass, the same amount of money will only basically cover a Southern CA pass (plus parking). Luckily my current pass is valid until January 2013, so I have a while to see if it will be worth while to renew again.

Disney is being a little short sighted by such a large increase. When at the parks I spend a lot of additional funds on food/merch, so if I don't renew they lose out on all of that revenue. I understand the babysitter effect of the park, and maybe they have more annual passholders then they need. (Though they push it on ever person who buys a one day ticket)

I like all of the upcoming additions to DCA, I just hope they do a bit more to Disneyland. There hasn't been a major E-Ticket addition since Indiana Jones (back in 1996) and rehashing the Subs/Star Tours doesn't count in my book as a 'new' E-Ticket. I would really like if they would just update Tomorrowland to be an actual land of the future. (Which it currently isn't)

Time will tell if many jump ship or simply downgrade. Though if many just chose to downgrade, then those days when the two 'cheap passes' can enter the park will be ridiculously busy.

Maybe instead of a Mad 'T' Party, there will be a Boston Tea Party as passholders say scr*w Disney, I'm outta here!!!

Disney is being a little short sighted by such a large increase. When at the parks I spend a lot of additional funds on food/merch, so if I don't renew they lose out on all of that revenue. I understand the babysitter effect of the park, and maybe they have more annual passholders then they need. (Though they push it on ever person who buys a one day ticket)

What the lose from your revenue, they gain in having more space in the park to sell vacation packages (hotel/tickets/dining/etc.) to others. Right now they are essentially saying they don't need to rely on your revenue, as they had needed to in the past when the resort was underperforming.

Yeah. I think it would be cool if they could do some kind of permanent integration with this type of thing. It would be pretty cool to have Hollywood look completely normal during the day, but then at night have them use those special prespective projectors that would make the buildings and scenery come alive without having to make any major changes. Not only would it look great, but it could also be changed/modified relatively easy by reanimating the projectors and redoing costumes rather than redoing all this massive gaudy scenery...

Have either of you seen the T Party set up in person? Its fantastic! Though a bit cramped, but its looks really good! Its fin if you don't like the theme overall, I just really like it myself. There was more time and planning that went into this event and it shows.

What the lose from your revenue, they gain in having more space in the park to sell vacation packages (hotel/tickets/dining/etc.) to others. Right now they are essentially saying they don't need to rely on your revenue, as they had needed to in the past when the resort was underperforming.

This

These price changes are reflective of market studies they've been performing over the past couple of years. None of it's been done in haste. If you feel put off by these price changes, don't take it personally, but they've already taken account of this, and possibly even welcomed it.

Have either of you seen the T Party set up in person? Its fantastic!

Sorry Chris. I disagree wholeheartedly. I found it to be quite an eyesore (not that ElecTRONica was any better) and had no place INSIDE a park designed to provide "family" entertainment. It should have been built OUTSIDE the park, in Downtown Disney, with the rest of the bars and such.

It also makes me wonder how the AP price increases will affect the people that attend it. Having an AP is one thing, but when all of the current AP's expire, will they pay that much extra for a sort "cover charge" to get in there. Because a lot of people ONLY go there for the partying.

After some time, *I* believe it will kill off "T Party" due to the overall expense.

JJ

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/more-of-cars-land-at-night-through-a-photographers-lens-at-disney-california-adventure-park/

As construction wraps up in Cars Land, parts of the land gradually become “ready for their close-up.” And that’s when we can get to work on taking photos of what this amazing place will actually look like when it welcomes its first Disney California Adventure park guests on June 15.

Last month, I was able to share some of the first photos of Cars Land as it will be seen once the sun goes down, and today I’m pleased to be able to share a few more to help tell the whole story out in Radiator Springs.

So, cue the “Sh-Boom” song and let’s have a look!

Flo’s V8 Cafe is simply irresistible. And Ramone’s House of Body Art adds even more color to every shot. You won’t believe your eyes (or your lens!).

As pleased as I am with how these shots turned out, I have to tell you, nothing compares with actually standing on Route 66 surrounded by this beautiful neon with that incredible mountain range in the distance. And one piece of advice: Bring your camera!

cln198062LARGE.jpg.7c10a2b7ba4a622416cea29d7c72548d.jpg

cln289062LARGE.jpg.881b9c7a479c70f49860cb00358a5736.jpg

cln364146LARGE.jpg.af6ef8100284c3c8e19cf1fa33318bee.jpg

cln469136LARGE.jpg.044e583d513efb6a7fd907904819dc70.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/05/check-out-new-souvenir-cocktail-glasses-at-trader-sams-at-the-disneyland-hotel/

Aloha! We have some exciting news from our friends at Trader Sam’s – Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Resort.

According to legend, Trader Sam, the friendly headhunter from the Jungle Cruise, has collected thousands of artifacts over the years and he now has a couple for you to add to your collection. Friday, May 25 – just in time for the one-year anniversary of Trader Sam’s – Enchanted Tiki Bar – Disney Parks and Tiki fans alike will go bananas for two new souvenir drinkwares.

New Tiki mugs are Trader Sam’s Barrel Mug, with Shipwreck on the Rocks made with bourbon, freshly muddled lemon and mint with organic agave nectar. “Have too many of these and you’ll be setting a course for Davy Jones’ locker!”

Also new is the “bowl” for the Uh Oa! This popular drink is made with light and dark rums, orange, passion fruit, guava, and grapefruit juices, falernum, cinnamon and freshly squeezed lime juice. This one is “recommended for two or more guests,” so be responsible and share with your friendly natives.

Both the Trader Sam’s Barrel Mug and Uh Oa bowl will be available at Trader Sam’s – Enchanted Tiki Bar while supplies last. So gather your personal belongings and make your way over to the Disneyland Hotel. Just remember, watch your head!

tsg689018LARGE.thumb.jpg.4618cc478c644812e6af8efc13feb767.jpg

tsg890612LARGE.thumb.jpg.b4891f0143609872b2c9adc36a679266.jpg

Just a quick question about DCA.. how quickly do Fastpasses for WOC go out? I want to run to RSR grab a fast pass for that go on a few rides and than make my 2nd fast pass of the day for WOC.. will they still be available for the first show or should I forget it and just show up early to watch the show?