TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Thank you for doing the update David, it was great and funny!! If I had a real camera, id do one every week, but I don't haha. And Spot the Spears game was great! I found her every time!!

Im really happy this whole thing will be done in a few months, its been a long time with these construction walls.

What construction walls?

I'm interested in what they are going to do to the with the exposed frame work on the backside of the rock work. Anyone know?

They are finishing the backside facing the Pier as what appears to be a sea side cliff. Here is a pic of the whole wall

i-t8v7gjW-O.jpg.623c42a480c7977a5cde8b3996d01d40.jpg

Backside of Carsland facing Paradise Pier

As for the side facing the street, I have no clue. I assume they will enclose it all with a flat beige wall matching the rock colors.

So is the trim before the loop and the block before the airtime hills still just as heavy as it was when they made those changes? I rode last June and this past January, and I honestly don't remember feeling them at all - and I usually pick up on the light B&M hyper trims if they're grabbing. I just hear how much better the ride was before, so I'm wondering how much of a difference they really make?

To me, the trims have felt lighter in recent years. Although I haven't ridden it since the loop incident.

That's what I was looking for - when the trims were first installed, I saw a lot of people complaining about how they neutered the ride. So I was just wondering about it, because my ride didn't feel neutered at all!

^I just posted this picture on the previous page. It will not be like the backside of Everest, it will be fully formed rock work.

I'm interested in what they are going to do to the with the exposed frame work on the backside of the rock work. Anyone know?

They are finishing the backside facing the Pier as what appears to be a sea side cliff. Here is a pic of the whole wall

i-t8v7gjW-O.jpg.ca19424e7f94e2bb8e466483ff360646.jpg

As for the side facing the street, I have no clue. I assume they will enclose it all with a flat beige wall matching the rock colors.

Here is another one showing that the wall will have depth:

i-sNQnnGg-M.jpg.096d610924b0ba4b88f24848183e771f.jpg

It will be fully formed like the rest of the rock work.

Jim is correct. Basically, the design team handed the rock work over to the engineers, who made it all work. The engineers (not being designers) made it a flat wall, thinking to wouldn't be seen from the park. When the designers got a hold of it again they said no, so the wall was redone with real rock work. So Jim is correct, but the wall was an afterthought, not apart of the original design. As for citing my sources, I'm not going to. I know people in the company and I've heard this several times. It was decided a log time ago to do the wall correctly, it just wasn't part of the original final draft of the project.

And if you read what Jim said in the update you linked, it fits with what I said.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11