TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I heard from a CM friend that some idiot guest actually took a #2 in the middle of the viewing area because he was so pissed.

Can't say I saw or smelled anything like that but it's a huge area. I was in Blue.

If so, that's pretty terrible & I feel even worse for the CMs. Those poor guys aren't responsible, they're just sent out to clean up the mess.

I heard from a CM friend that some idiot guest actually took a #2 in the middle of the viewing area because he was so pissed.

lol!

Omg, first of all how does someone push one out in the middle of a crowd, and second, how does not ONE person see the squatter?!

Also, its hard for me to imagine DCA will continue to run a park, and a show this way. Too many people and too big a show in a park that is just too small to contain it. Guests getting soaked. People dedicating hours to see the show then getting denied with little to no explanation or comp. The entire situation just seems like a diasaster.

What is wrong with people??? I mean it's ok to be pissed after waiting all that time for the show but things do happen. I agree that if they knew about it, waiting last minute was wrong. Some people are just crazy in the head and seriously need a reality check!

I'm shocked Disney didn't already have a plan in place for this. Seriously?! All the operations managers involved with the show should be fired immediately for not having a plan in place for a show dump/cancelation.

Hello folks, just got back from DCA and took a few photos...

redcar1.JPG.124a351157226f6c277d106efa725d61.JPG

From the blue sky cellar: This new image shows possible entertainment aboard the new Pacific Red Car trolleys. Note that the trolley's marquee reads: Radiator Springs

tlmaa04.JPG.160dcfd642dd34c1a499af12946b1125.JPG

A view of the exterior for The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure. The large front archway is now in place. Inside the loading area, there will be a large mural depicting scenes from the movie.

tlmaa03.JPG.b14f6a1bfe97c4d512a4749efae9fd92.JPG

The layout for Undersea Adventure

tlmaa01.JPG.287e19691625701fe641baeb513e79cf.JPG

Undersea Adventure model

tlmaa02.JPG.7b0825df5c5aaee56a951ec8363b1487.JPG

The signature scene of the attraction, Sebastian conducting the "Under The Sea" concert

I go to DCA a few times a week and every time I go the platform is at show level. They still test the fountains everyday before showtime. Even today when I was taking those photos they would test different sets of fountains at different times.

Edited by ECZenith

The center platform has been up every day for some reason. There are still people walking around on it sometimes, so they could still be tweaking something on it. The right and left platforms have been going down every day. But the platforms do rise up quite a bit before show time, so if you're there later in the early evening you're going to see all three up anyways.

What is newsies? Is it that musical with the papaer boys? Either way, that could be pretty entertaining. All of Disneylands areas have entertainment wether it be the dapper dans on main street or the trashcan in tomorrowland or the janitorial bamd that moves around the park. This is a good idea, and it looks like it will be pretty interactive if they are actually interacting with the people and the trams.

^ I think newsies has somewhat of a cult following though. I know many people who love it despite never seeing it myself. In fact, I think my school may have put it on as a play a while ago. Although I do see your point though. Of course, Nightmare Before Christmas did not do well in theaters but I think it is safe to say it has the biggest or one of the biggest cult followings of pretty much any film I can think of. Also this sounds like it would fit to the new "retro hollywood" theme they are trying to acheive. The costumes look like they fit in, and it would provide some entertainment. It would be really cool if Disney had celebrities in the hollywood area like Universal does with caracters like Zorro and Frankenstein. I know Disney does not have as many "real" characters, but that would add to the hollywood experience.