TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

World of Color picnic packages with reserved seating are now available online.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/general/loadGeneric?genericName=WorldOfColorPicnicsPopUp

$12.99 seems to be a small price to pay for not having to hassle with getting FP tickets in the morning.

Thinking of going on Sunday.

EDIT: Just booked the picnic package for Sunday. I'll be sure to take pics of the picnic portion (I'm sure there will be PLENTY of pics of WOC by then).

They sold out in about 30 minutes for the first day, Hahaha.

And here is the link to the Live Stream www.ustream.tv/worldofcolor

I'm sure there will be no shortage of complaints as to how access to the show is managed, particularly during the first several weeks, or even months after its opening. I'm also sure that Disney knows a thing or 2 about how to make changes on the fly to keep their guests as satisfied as reasonably possible. There's nothing exciting enough to me about this show to make me want to book a trip to see it right away, but I will eventually see it, even if that means jumping through some hoops or buying a reasonably priced "picnic package" that incudes a preferred/reserved viewing area.

In a couple years when Carsland, Little Mermaid, and the rest of the DCA makeover are completed we will likely be as used to WOC as we are now with Fantasmic. It will still be worth seeing for those interested in that sort of thing, but not necessarily something around which you'd have to plan your entire day. You can count me in the camp that will get around to seeing WOC someday fairly soon, but I'm not rushing out the door today or even next week or next month for it. I hope than when I do see it I'm as pleasantly surprised as I was for TSM. I had only moderate expectations for that ride, but found myself thoroughly enjoying it and wanting to re-ride. As things stand now, I'm far more excited for the RSR and Little Mermaid attractions. As for the re-theme of the entrance and red car trolley stuff... Eh, whatever. - shrugs - I really have no particular expectations related to those things. I hope they turn out nice and are well received, but I doubt either will make or break my day at the park.

^ I'm hoping so, I'll be there on monday and we'll be at DCA at opening considering monday is probably my best bet. THe only good part is the show hasnt been crazy advertised, and many people dont know about the grizzly thing. I REALLY hope they are doing the ticket thing at grizzly, but everything point to they are. I'm ready to run with the bulls.

^ I'm hoping so, I'll be there on monday and we'll be at DCA at opening considering monday is probably my best bet. THe only good part is the show hasnt been crazy advertised, and many people dont know about the grizzly thing. I REALLY hope they are doing the ticket thing at grizzly, but everything point to they are. I'm ready to run with the bulls.

I meant to say "a couple of hundred tickets to people who didn't get any and start complaining vocally about it".

I'm avoiding the stream of the show since I'll be seeing it on Sunday.

Very very cool show. Would have been nice to have fireworks added to it but still awesome. It really doesn't have a story line but with a theme of color with would be kinda hard to have one. 4/5

Edit: Oh and the talking Mickey was awesome! Really makes it look a lot more realistic.

that show is AWESOME! I know its only water, color, music and fire... but thats all Disney needs to make an absolute charming and powerful show. I think this will become my new favorite disney show, and I think it beats Fantasmic, ar least for me.

Im absolutely sure that if I get to see this live will take tears out of me.

BRAVO Disney, you did it awesome again!

Notice the lenses during the show were all wet and everyone with towels after the show?

Robb says he didn't see anyone getting wet.

Keep in mind these were mostly Californians that will pull an umbrella out and go on storm watch if a cloud rolls in, so they may have been overreacting.

Keep in mind these were mostly Californians that will pull an umbrella out and go on storm watch if a cloud rolls in, so they may have been overreacting.

Truer words have never been spoken.

The show looked great! I'm personally going to reserve judgment for when I seen it in person but it looked pretty good from the live feed. Hopefully it will be even better live!

So is anybody else chillin' outside the main gate tomorrow morning? 7am, the line for FastPasses to the show starts.

On tomorrow, I don't understand why they don't walk those in line for FastPasses back to GRR ten minutes before opening. The way they're doing it is going to cause total chaos, keeping the other guests away from the distribution area while walking thousands of people to it.

Notice the lenses during the show were all wet and everyone with towels after the show?

Robb says he didn't see anyone getting wet.

Teri (or whoever the celebrity in the dress was that Mickey talked to at the beginning) had soaked looking hair after the show in the video, and the top of her dress was also definitely wet (it looked like the rest had been wrapped in a towel).

Just got back from the World of Color media event. It's late so my words will be short. All I can say is this - the photos and video (complete video of the show, BTW) below are a VERY GOOD "teaser" and representation of what the show is like. If you think what you see in these photos and video looks cool, you need to see World of Color NOW! If the photos and the video of the show don't thrill you, then I'd suggest checking out Tower of Terror or Space Mountain instead!

Enjoy!

--Robb

Please note! This video is 30 minutes long and may take a while to stream. I suggest "pausing the video" and letting it buffer for a few minutes first. There is a short "opening ceremony" clip and then the actual show starts at the 1:45 mark:

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=World_of_Color_qnk3[/coastertube]Let this video buffer a little first! It's long!

You can also watch it in HD here:

Disney calls this my "credentials"...I call it my ticket to cool stuff!

I believe I should follow that arrow!

The red carpet, for one night only, is really the blue carpet!

Holy crap that monster is HUGE!

The amount of cameras and lighting they had set up was impressive...ooh...I think the "celebs" are about to pop out now...

Richard Sherman of "The Sherman Bros." - He and his brother wrote the theme song to "World of Color."

Random Robb Alvey story - About 15 years ago I was working on a video game based on "The Jungle Book" and these guys wrote the music for that. We had them come down to our studio and tell our animators stories about what it was like to work with Walt Disney. We ended up at a restaurant with them later that evening and they would break into song at random and have a sing-a-lot with the group. It was quite cool.

I'm told this guy is famous...if you know who he is... EMAIL DAN!!! mrt0ad13@aol.com

Yup, that's one of the Desperate Housewives!

The Disney big-wigs were out on the blue carpet.

There goes Jamie Lee Curtis running from the TPR cameras!!!

I'm also not sure who this guy is, but the ladies went wild and topless for him! Do you know who he is? If you do... EMAIL DAN!!! mrt0ad13@aol.com

She once used to say "Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!"

Oh, I almost forgot...CONSTRUCTION PHOTO!!!!

Oh, so THAT is what we are here for!

Watch...we're going to do a magic trick. Blink your eyes THREE TIMES...scroll down and watch it get darker...

HOORAY! It worked!!!

If you forgot that the time of the show was, it's projected REALLY BIG onto the side of that roller coaster.

And if you forgot what the name of the show is, and you can read blurry water reflections...you're in luck!

I just love water reflection shots...don't you?

It's like having an Oreo cookie...but without the creme filling.

Tonight we are seeing "World of Co"

They put some really goofy stuff on those big screens...

Mickey comes out with his wand to start the show...wait a second...haven't I seen this done somewhere before?

OMG! Bob Iger is HUGE!!!

They even thawed out Walt for tonight's show!

Red, yellow, green, red, blue, blue, blue....

EXPLOSIONS!!! Time to start the show!

Hooray! The pretty colored sprinklers are here!!!

And not only are they pretty colored sprinklers, they are pretty colored and CURVY sprinklers!

A giant mermaid head comes out of the water...I mean, that makes for a good show, right?

Bubbles...why did it have to be bubbles?

Oooh.pretty...

Yay! The sprinklers go really tall!

Now there's all kinds oif planets and sort of spooky stuff...

Oh, good...there's a bed...I was getting kind of tired....

Woody and Buzz kick off the Pixar part of the show...

I feel like I'm watching movie trailers in the shower!

Here comes the house from Up...

Lots of sprinkers make more pretty worlds of color.

Gay Pride World of Color!!!

"Wyatt...your kitchen is BLUE!"

Are you tired of pretty colored sprinklers yet? No? Let's keep going!

Whee!!!!

Hooray!!!

Amazing Mega Purple Sprinklers!!!

I will say that I thought the mist screens were not as clear as the ones for Fantasmic.

Sprinkers are very sexy!

Stackable colored sprinklers!

BLOOD RED SPRINKLERS!!!!

Now the show gets EVIL!

Setting the mood for something wicked to happen...

OMG! FIRE!!!

Oh, we are back to sprinklers again...

Whenever you see Chernabog that can only mean one thing...

That's right...RED SPRINKLERS!!!

And more fire...

Yes, yes, fire, we know you are here...

OMG! **TILTED SPRINKLERS!!!**

The ending of the show had lots of love and kisses.

And random animals. Love, Kisses, Random Animals...and sprinklers!

Smooch! Now if only they could show Debbie Does Dallas on those mist screens!

More kissing...

More sprinkers and cool lightning effects.

OMG! IT'S A WORLD OF COLOR!!!

Oh, c'mon sprinklers, now you're just getting silly!

CLOSE UP SPRINKLERS!

Now the Mickey Wheel goes crazy.

Now that is a lot of blue!

Just in case you forgot the name of the show already...

Minnie says "Hey Robb! We hope you liked the show...now come get trashed at my wild after party!"

The VIP after party was set up in Paradise Pier.

Disney really knows how to put on an awesome show.

And of course there was ERT on California Screamin!

The band played on and the kids danced on the Floor of Color.

I guess some people DID get really wet during the show!

The Bar of Color.

This dude here was painting one of these...

Yes! A World of Color Vinylmation!

The Table of Color.

Midway Mania was open, so I had to go check out the "new for 2010 game!"

Replacing Little Bo Peep was Rex and his prehistoric balloons.

Pop all the balloons and the volcano erupts!

The food was insane! I'm sure Gordon Ramsey would approve.

Napkin of Color.

Cookie of Color.

Another Bar of Color! (they really wanted to you to get trashed!)

More food that looked totally amazing!

Genie Humor!

This sounds revolting, but it was AMAZING!!!!

The brand new attraction was open!

Yup...

Hors d' Oeuvres....Of Color!

California Screamin Of Color!

The station looked like this the whole night! I could have ridden one hundred times...but I didn't!

World of Color from the launch track!

World of Color from the TWISTY turns!

A few final shots of the Paradise Pier and World of Color area before I head out for the night.

Doesn't it just make you wanna cry?

Chip N Dale say "Come check out World of Color! You're gonna love it!"

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey