TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

With the new seating you dont have to answer your girlfriends "whats that poking me in the back?" questions.

"Its a churro"

"i thought i ate your churro"

"not this one baby"

cause you got her an extra churro as a surprise, of course

Maybe this is why the ride was moved to Fantasyland.

Trust me, when you do get a girlfriend...there are a lot more exciting things you can do with them than ride Matterhorn.

Yeah. Like for instance, you can make out on KOD. Wait, scratch that.

Oh man! Talk about the good 'ol days, you totally took me back right there!

With the new seating you dont have to answer your girlfriends "whats that poking me in the back?" questions.

"Its a churro"

"i thought i ate your churro"

"not this one baby"

cause you got her an extra churro as a surprise, of course

This was mightilly hilarious , that last line was the kicker. Thanks for the laugh!

On topic: I like the trains, don't ask me why as I don't have any in-depth reasoning, I just think they look cool and am glad there's only a seatbelt!

I still hate them. Well at least they still have only a seatbelt rather than a lapbar. I to agree that the lack of padding doesn't seem to be very helpful if it is going to make the ride more comfortable.

Also be lucky that they don't have (wait for it) Over-The -Shoulder restraints!

I had lunch with someone today that works in the light/sound industry and has done many projects for the Disneyland Resort. He said that most of his colleagues are fairly pessimistic about the World of Color. He said that a lot of corners have been cut and Disney, who is usually very good to work with, has not been listening to suggestions and has just been pushing to get this done by June 11th no matter what. I didn't completely understand all he said but something about platforms not working and that they pretty much know that all of the effects would not be working all together at once and they didn't really care.

It made me sad because he usually has such positive things to say about Disney projects.

I had lunch with someone today that works in the light/sound industry and has done many projects for the Disneyland Resort. He said that most of his colleagues are fairly pessimistic about the World of Color. He said that a lot of corners have been cut and Disney, who is usually very good to work with, has not been listening to suggestions and has just been pushing to get this done by June 11th no matter what. I didn't completely understand all he said but something about platforms not working and that they pretty much know that all of the effects would not be working all together at once and they didn't really care.

It made me sad because he usually has such positive things to say about Disney projects.

That's really strange if it's true. I'm not questioning what your friend said, but I just can't believe that Disney would put on a show that didn't work right.

That's really strange if it's true. I'm not questioning what your friend said, but I just can't believe that Disney would put on a show that didn't work right.

Disney is amazing and a cut above the rest, but they're not without their troubles.

Light Magic

Rocket Rods

Superstar Limo

Journey Into Imagination versions 2+

I really don't understand why Disney wants to cut corners during such a make or break time at DCA. I mean they are trying very hard to make it a stand alone park, instead of "Disneylands crowded lets go over there where nobody is". I honestly hope all the rumors are wrong. It would really be cool if it could draw some of the disneyland crowds away ,and maybe i wouldn't have to dry hump people to get around the park. Still, i dont see any way my kids would not like it. I mean i have to sit through the wild west stunt show at Knott's every time or my daughter cries. This has to be better than that

We have all had to face deadlines in our work, and Disney has been working on this project for quite sometime.

Its a hugh part of their upcoming Summer Nightastic promotion at the parks. Even after its finally begun, they'll be fine tuning the show for a quite a while. Afterall they can tinker with it for what 20 or so hours of the day when its not in use. (Though I'll be glad when that stage in finally submerged for most of the day, it's such an eye sore.)

I hope it works out for Disney, this is a crucial piece in the DCA facelift puzzle. They need a strong launch into their busy summer season, and a bunch of subpar reviews of the show would be devastating.

^ The GP will eat it up. I went to the park sometime in December and Murphy was still getting cheers. As long as Disney opens it on time it will be extrememly well received. Disney half assing something is still better than any park(besides Uni and Busch) is able to offer. The show is smart becase it is IMO similar to illuminations without the fireworks. It combines pieces of illuminations and fantasmic, both proving to be popular and making it into one show.

The Its Disney People, nothing to worry about Ghost

^^^I actually think the fact that it is Disney is more than enough reason to worry. Disney is notorious for having a "my sh*t don't stink attitude" about anything they do. Since you brought up Murphy, the word on the street is that Disney decided to try and have Murphy do things he was never designed to do, then decided to blame the vendor they used for the issues. They also tried blaming Intamin for the California Screamin' bump, when they themselves made so many changes to the ride that they consider themselves the manufacturer!

Besides the bombs Elissa already mentioned, keep in mind they have already had one failed show in the lagoon. Luminaria was a total failure, largely in part because Disney overlooked that small little detail about there being tons of smoke with all the low lying pryo.

Edited by Jew

Doubt it. Ill be at the park tomorrow, and I'll have my phone, so I'll try to see whats going on. Even if I cant get a good picture (my phone/ picture quality sucks) I'll try to do some kind of update tomorrow night or saturday, as I'm staying til closing tomorrow night.

^ In that picture, it looks like there's an opening for a fuel tank near the back!

Disneyland isn't allowing anyone to ride this yet, are they?

Eric

From what a cast member told me, these are just the prototypes and they shouldn't be in use full time till about next summer.