TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I am excited about the new trains..

Unfortunately, due to maintenance a month or so ago, and a hiatus from Disneyland (school), I have not had a farewell excursion on the old bobsleds...

Gosh.. I wonder if they will sell the old cars on eBay, without wheels, and holes drilled in the bottom, of course!

I'll be riding this on Friday, so I'll see if I see any signs of new trains. God I hope they dont improve the ride too much, especially after recently realizing there is actually quite a bit of airtime on thunder in the very front row(far from ejector, but it scared the hell out of me cause I've never sat in the very front) so Matterhorn might become my second favorite ride at Disneyland. Indy will then move into number one, and Thunder will be about tied with Mattey(fanboys use nicknames) in terms of ride quality.

The Got to get a few wild and rough rides before new trains Ghost

Anyone wanna do a Worlds of Color meetup day? We(seniors) in Irvine School District get out of school sometime around the 22nd, so it would be awesome to have a meetup while schools are still in session, pretaining this is nightly. If anyone is interested let me know, cause as I mentioned in the past I would love to do a Disneyland/DCA TPR meetup.

^ SAME!!!!!

OC Register is also reporting that there will be AP previews of the show, but no dates yet.

http://ocresort.freedomblogging.com/2010/04/20/disney-announces-date-for-big-water-show-debut/41633/

Disney park annual passholders and employees will get a chance to see dress rehearsals before the official opening, but no dates have been announced, said John McClintock, a Disneyland Resort spokesman.

Too bad I never had a girlfriend to ride this with before they changed the trains.

Trust me, when you do get a girlfriend...there are a lot more exciting things you can do with them than ride Matterhorn.

Yeah. Like for instance, you can make out on KOD. Wait, scratch that.

Too bad I never had a girlfriend to ride this with before they changed the trains.

Trust me, when you do get a girlfriend...there are a lot more exciting things you can do with them than ride Matterhorn.

Hes right!

Like riding a Huss Enterprise in the middle of summer!!!!!!

Anyhoo, those trains do look abit unfinished so they probably will have padding!

Yeah. Like for instance, you can make out on KOD. Wait, scratch that.

HAHAHAHAHA I suppose you're right, Robb. Although if she's big, white, and you "do those more exciting things" with her, I suppose it would still be considered riding the Matterhorn. (wow, I just dug myself into a deeper hole with that one)

On a serious, well for coaster nerdiness that is, note, I actually think the new trains look pretty cool. And those seat belts will be MUCH easier to deal with; not that the others were too hard, but these will be better.

Mid April Update for Disney's California Adventure

Hi there folks, I had the day off today from dispatching EMVs next door at Indy, so I thought I'd head over to DCA and take some photos of construction progress for TPR. Today was a gray, cloudy day and I only had my phone to use as a camera. Food and wine festival was going on, I'm not too big on that stuff so this update will focus on attraction development. Crowds were great today, went on California Screamin', Grizzly River Run, and Maliboomer with no waits whatsoever. Some fountain testing was going on for WoC but othing previous photos haven't covered.

These images are thumbnails, click them to get a better view.

Aerial view of Disney's Construction Adventure, the biggest theme park revolution we've seen in some time.

Heimlich's Chew-Chew Train

The ride we all discreetly love...

Tower of Terror stands over its soon to be revamped Hollywoodland.

Walls are down, tracks are visible.

Haven't been able to see this view for some time now.

Paradise Park looks very nice!

Boardwalk is still walled off.

Let's check out The Little Mermaid: Ariels Adventure...

Show building framework is coming up.

This time next year we'll be under the sea amongst dozens of animatronics.

Maliboomer, I'm sure to ride it every time I visit. Will miss the thrills but not the eyesore

Mickey's Fun Wheel, only a 10 minute wait for swinging cars!

Paradise Pier

Paradise Pier is my favorite area of the resort

California Screamin'

California Screamin'

Silly Symphony Swings

Silly Symphony Swings (image from Blue Sky Cellar)

Radiator Springs Racers (image from Blue Sky Cellar)

Radiator Springs Racers (image from Blue Sky Cellar)

Wow.

Took a ride on Grizzly, was already wet from the rain so no harm done.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

These newer trains might ride a little differently than the old ones... because, is it just me, or do these look just slightly longer?

Silly question, I know. Maybe the seating's closer together? Even though the matterhorn scares me... I really do want to take a ride in these new ones.