TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ Thank you. And fair enough - if you are not a show person, you are not a show person. It's understandable that you wouldn't be as excited as those who love that aspect of Disney.

I do see where you are coming from though. Right how all I've seen are mist screens w/projections, flames and colored fountains - all things I have seen elsewhere. But none of them have been to this scale. Personally I'm impressed and quite excited. This is something DCA has needed since day one.

I've been following this show's construction for a while now, and I've been ambivalent about it. On one hand it seems like it's going to be an ultra-mega-super-happy exciting show with fire, but then I turn around and look at all the other missteps that WDI has had lately and I get a a little bit doubtful. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this one, though.

I've been following this show's construction for a while now, and I've been ambivalent about it. On one hand it seems like it's going to be an ultra-mega-super-happy exciting show with fire, but then I turn around and look at all the other missteps that WDI has had lately and I get a a little bit doubtful. Hopefully I'm proven wrong on this one, though.

^ What missteps are you referring to exactly? Toy Story Mania has been a huge success in both parks. The new dragon for Fantasmic, although it was quite late, has been a huge success. Ghost Galaxy was a large success and it received good reviews from many theme park critics. D23 was a huge success, and from what many people said it was one of the best expos ever because everyone got to see so much of what Disney has been doing. Carsland in general has been seen with a lot of excitement, and Little Mermaid and Startours seem to be very anticipated among park goers. I am not gonna say Disney is perfect, but they know there stuff. I mean, besides California Adventure's failure, which was of course a let down for Disney, Disney has very few failures. Also, even DCA was not a complete failure because Soarin is considered to be one of the best rides ever, IMO California Screamin is the best of all thge Disney coasters, and Grizzly River Rapids is the second best raft ride after popeye IMO. If anything the imagineers are on top of their game, and will do anything to improvew the park.

^ Thank you. And fair enough - if you are not a show person, you are not a show person. It's understandable that you wouldn't be as excited as those who love that aspect of Disney.

I do see where you are coming from though. Right how all I've seen are mist screens w/projections, flames and colored fountains - all things I have seen elsewhere. But none of them have been to this scale. Personally I'm impressed and quite excited. This is something DCA has needed since day one.

Cool, so if you're not a show person, that means more room for the people who are! That is fair enough, and respectable.

And yea, this show has what you've listed, but I think the "impressive factor" in this whole deal is the size of it all. 1,200 fountains on a pad bigger than a football field, all in perfect unison to multiple Disney films, and stories. It may be just the "same old fountains" but there's some new technology mixed in there. Flame whips, butterfly fountains, the newest laser technology, and not to mention the big-@$$ HD projectors.

Am I misreading these last few posts? Or are you guys really making fun of this show? This show looks like it's going to be really impressive. And Disneyland is really successfull, which means they're doing something right. They're not trying to cater to the .001 percent of the ignorant 'coaster enthusiast' population

^Look we all like Disney, but come on, it's a fountain show. It's not going to be some mindblowing orgiastic scream!

And Disneyland might be all high and mighty, but DCA is far from that level.

Oh, and btw, we're not ignorant. I can guarantee you we've been to more parks and seen more shows than ANYONE who worked on that project.

I agree that it doesn't seem very revolutionary in that it looks like Fantasmic-meets-the-Bellagio-fountains-on-steroids, but it still looks pretty impressive to me. Then again, I'm not a well-traveled person or a technical one so I'm probably easily impressed. Either way, I'm excited to see this. And hey, if it ends up being just a Fantasmic/dancing waters hybrid, fine with me as I like both of those.

Am I misreading these last few posts? Or are you guys really making fun of this show? This show looks like it's going to be really impressive. And Disneyland is really successfull, which means they're doing something right. They're not trying to cater to the .001 percent of the ignorant 'coaster enthusiast' population

It's TPR tradition to pick apart, make fun of, nitpick, and be generally skeptical about a new attraction between the announcement of the attraction and when it opens. It's just how we roll. We've seen a lot of stuff and we hold parks, especially Disney parks, to a high standard. But, if the attraction turns out to be good, we own up to it.

The best example of this is Midway Mania. That totally got ripped apart on here when it was being built, but basically everyone loves it now.

^Look we all like Disney, but come on, it's a fountain show. It's not going to be some mindblowing orgiastic scream!

And Disneyland might be all high and mighty, but DCA is far from that level.

Oh, and btw, we're not ignorant. I can guarantee you we've been to more parks and seen more shows than ANYONE who worked on that project.

But it looks amazing! Up to Disenyland quality, from those pictures. I think there is a lot of attention to detail at DCA, and everything there is a lot cooler than similar things you would find other places..For example the "Chew Chew Train". All that is is a silly little train ride, but at the same time it's cool to see all the stuff they went through to make every little thing fit in with the enviornment they created.

It's TPR tradition to pick apart, make fun of, nitpick, and be generally skeptical about a new attraction between the announcement of the attraction and when it opens. It's just how we roll. We've seen a lot of stuff and we hold parks, especially Disney parks, to a high standard. But, if the attraction turns out to be good, we own up to it.

The best example of this is Midway Mania. That totally got ripped apart on here when it was being built, but basically everyone loves it now.

Well I guess so. Everything seems so negative though. I mean I thought everyone here LOVED theme parks! Doesn't seem like it. In every thread it's people talking about how stupid they think the people running the parks are.