TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ If you couldn't tell that I was joking, perhaps you should be reading a different site.

I'm actually really sick of your obnoxious and rude posts you make here towards myself and other members. You've been around here long enough to know that TPR members just don't treat each other like you treat some of us.

Next time you think about hitting the "submit" button on your next post I would STRONGLY read it over and think to yourself "Am I being rude?" "Am I being obnoxious?" "Do I think this post is going to be the final straw that will get me banned?"

And this time. I am NOT JOKING!

--Robb

• 3 weeks later...

^I think you're right, I thought I remembered reading about it having three modes.

Day mode: Completely underwater.

Show mode: Most likely just the nozzles and stuff above the water level, but not the platform.

Maintenance mode: Everything above the water.

I'm using this thread as the official DCA discussion thread. This is related to expansion mostly, but there is a general park update/improvement worth mentioning.Nothing about world of color or anything like that. I was stupid not to take a picture, so the following will be from westcoaser. Hollywood boulivard is entirely split down the middle so you need to walk either on the left or the right side. The troolys/trams are currently under construction. The theming on the side of the walls fits the era well as they are dumbo and snow white posters. Also, the gate between bugs land and hollywood has finally been opened. This reduces a huge walk and is pretty much the best way to get to the tower of terror.

PHOTOS FROM WESTOCASTER.net

win.jpg.a0d9ed1f84e24d1e266794ef313cdf96.jpg

To Flicks funfair we go!

temp.thumb.jpg.83a141bdb8196420021d916a0935d285.jpg

Westcoaster is saying its only temporarily a path. They might be right as it does have a somewhat "backstage" feel.

723277200_thepath.jpg.1917245168299c4b7a436e103480562d.jpg

The new path to flicks fun fair.

trolley.thumb.jpg.945c4d0769e0ce256f4966a68c34a561.jpg

Trolley info/more wall theming. I think it will look good when done.

872420348_redtram.jpg.78af0842a0b2c6f34488713ef0c0e66c.jpg

Tram/Trolley

1842012368_walltheming.thumb.jpg.fcac6d5c4131ce93b197f20118ad149a.jpg

Nice wall theming. Very good with the old school holywood feel.

split.jpg.3d25efda94f978493d5ee407683cd377.jpg

The wall of hollywood. If you want to go on monsters inc or see muppets the attractions are still open. Just on the other side.

• 3 weeks later...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs is no stranger to Disneyland Resort. Not many people know this, but he and his wife enjoyed their wedding rehearsal dinner at the Golden Horseshoe in Disneyland in 1996, and through the years this Southern California family has enjoyed countless days of fun together at the parks. His three sons were probably expecting to hear stories about Dad riding their favorite attractions the past few days, but this was Tom’s chance to spend time with frontline cast members learning first-hand about operations of the Resort.

Earlier today, Tom toured Disney’s California Adventure park where he saw the control room for the new water extravaganza “World of Color” – a technological marvel with 1,200 programmable fountains on a one-acre grid. He also visited the construction site for Cars Land, the new 12-acre expansion inspired by the blockbuster Disney-Pixar movie, “Cars.”

I met Tom Staggs at the Napa Rose last night while I was having dinner. He’s a very friendly and approachable guy. Here’s what he had to say about his visit: “The thing that most impressed me was how passionate everyone is, and how proud they are of the Disneyland Resort. They’re working to make the future of the parks even better, but they’re also focused on honoring the history of being the original Disney theme park.”

staggs237841SMALL.jpg.1ff16af2fc9a996b15745fbb5bab5810.jpg