TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^Actually they started taking the top off on Thursday.

^If you sit in the back, its not creepy at all

Creepy!!!

lol, I went with a child when I saw it! I'm just saying I saw lots of older men sitting alone in the back.

Creepy!!!

and just because

Creepy!!!

There's a reason I haven't seen it yet lol.

Whats the point of seeing it if your not with a little kid that watches Playhouse Disney? Do yourself a favor and dont bother seeing it

^LOL!

Whats the point of seeing it if your not with a little kid that watches Playhouse Disney? Do yourself a favor and dont bother seeing it

Eh I'm on a quest to do everything there is to do in the parks as I usually am there a few hours every Thursday morning usually by myself so some things are better left undone until the right opportunity shows up lol. That and I'm a show dork.

If I'm lucky (since I'm an S&S Fanboy), I can get Maliboomer from Disney for pennys on the dollar and set it up in my backyard!

I'm honestly glad to hear that Disney is going to improve the park, but I think they could retheme the rides that are speculated to go. For instance, Mickey's Fun Wheel used to be the Sun Wheel. Sounds like a big theme change? All they did was repaint it black and red and put a big Mickey Head on it. Maliboomer? Since it'd be in the area of World of Color, why not replace the bells and retheme it to colorful fireworks? Easy. The Orange Stinger? Why not Disney faries flying over the well lit lagoon? Come on Disney, think harder!

For instance, Mickey's Fun Wheel used to be the Sun Wheel. Sounds like a big theme change? All they did was repaint it black and red and put a big Mickey Head on it.

Hmm yes that's all they did. Nevermind the insane LED lighting package they installed.

• 5 weeks later...

The Carsland model is impressive. I followed the link and read a little about the description. My only slight hesitation about some of what has been revealed is that it is not going to be focused on speed like Test Track, but the complete experience. So maybe a shorter speed section on this ride, so the Indy comparison is probably extremely accurate. Even with my reservations, imo, it's this ride that will save the park.

Isn't Carsland 2 due in theaters the same year? When is the last time a major theme park attraction from Disney has debuted the same year as the movie it's based on?

The swings are going to be a huge improvement. Opens up the sight lines from that area. It does seem like it's a very long construction schedule for a wave swinger ride though. I wonder if it will operate during WOC?

^ Cars2 was scheduled for 2012, but has been bumped up to 2011.

Forget the previous page, check out these jaw dropping pics from D23 (be sure to double click for the larger images).

And they're apparently telling all about the ride too at the Expo, from an attendant on Micechat:

Originally Posted by Uncle Bob

So, I went to the expo today and got to hear Kevin Rafferty basically give a full rundown on RSR. Both the models, the Autoanimatronic, and descriptions were amazing. You can see in the models that most of the show buildings are tucked in mostly toward the south. Basically, the rundown is that you'll enter through an extremely elaborately themed outdoor queue that will start at the fire house and wind back to the big canyon area tucked behind the front hills. He said there will be a house made of glass bottles and all kinds of cool things the Cars have collected as well as neat water spring features and lots of landscaping. The ride takes you past the big waterfall and inside the show building where you meet the characters and while they drive backward they will interact with you personally. Then you hear about the race you're going to be involved in and they tell you you have to get ready. You go through a bunch of effects rooms somewhat based on Test Track, but much more highly themed and elaborate, then you set up for the race. The race takes you basically on two big laps around the whole outdoor area, the one lap featuring a fast straightaway and the and a wide banked turn and one featuring several bunny hills and a tight turn. Then the climax of the ride takes us diving down a hill into a dark cavern underground. First you pass through an area full of hot springs that give Radiator Springs its name and then into a deeper cavern full of "stalaglights" giant stalagtites that look like classic car lights. It really sounds pretty amazing.

It should definitely be even more impressive then Indy in size and technology. Kevin said the main show building alone is larger then Indy's, to get a sense for how epic this ride will be. He said it is the biggest attraction Disney's ever built. Opinions will obviously vary as to if it's better, but it will certainly be a top of the line E-ticket on a simmilar level.

I've actually never been on Test Track either, so we're in the same boat. I think your car may actually stop and lift up while they change your tires and lube you up for your race from the art I've seen. It's another detail I should have asked about that I'll try and ask tommorow. Yeah, it sounds like pretty close to half outdoor and half indoor. In fact I believe Kevin used that exact description, but caveated it by saying you're going pretty fast through most of the outdoor sections so time wise it might be slightly more inside. In regard to the cavern, yeah it sounds awesome, that is one of the things that got me really excited as well. I was already excited when he told us about the big drop into the dark and the hot springs area and then he told us about the caverns and I was pretty blown away. In regard to the details of the layout, it seemed like the caverns will be partially below the "race level" and I'm guessing then go into the smaller show building that will be built more into the high cliffs on toward the east. The main show building seems to be in the south corner, just hidden behind the mountain, but mostly just an unthemed show builidng.

Just wow!

This sounds amazing, and honestly, while I dont love testrack, it is a lot of fun. And this makes it sound almost like a little testrack with the straight launch and journey to the center of the earth with the airtime hills. And everything above with the drop and cavern sounds so impressive, I cant wait!

I must agree, I'm getting really excited. Interactive characters + drop in the dark + airtime hills = Next level.

With WOC coming and the little mermaid dark ride, DCA is going to be off the hook in a few years.

Now if we could just get a Rock n' Roller coaster in the Hollywood Backlot section...