TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

That's a very slick website. I was browsing the pictures and video section and found it odd that the second video has California Screamin' going through the loop backwards at :29 of the video. Kind of odd that they ran the video backwards.

Although I'm not to sure about the re-recording of the "World of Color" song. Sounds rather "Cheetah Girlish" to me.

That's what I was thinking. Sounds like typical Disney Channel music to me.

But it's about time California Adventure gets some pure Disney magic. I always felt it was a bit left out in comparison to some of Disneyland's shows and atmosphere.

About the World of Color theme song rerecording, I don't like like it either. It really doesn't fit in considering that whole show's soundtrack will probably be orchestral music. However Steve Davison did say in the video that they will be using the original recording to open the show, which leads me to think that the "Cheetah Girls"-sounding recording will only be used for exit music? Like how they play music after the fireworks at Disneyland? It sounds like it would be perfect for that.

I'm way too excited about World of Color, I hope to be there opening night. People keep saying it's the "Fantasmic killer" and that it's going to show Fantasmic some competition. If that's even slightly true, that's amazing!

I also can not wait to see this show! The technology driving this is amazing. WoC and the Electric Light Parade should allow DCA to stay open late and keep the crowds much better than it has.

I have also heard the term "Fantasmic Killer", and think it has more to do with the technology than anything else. Fantasmic has moving objects all over the water and live actors. How do you beat a pirate ship with all the action going on with it! Of course Fantasmic will be getting a much needed upgrade to the water screens and some other updates after the new year.

Needless to say all of us will be spoiled by having lots of evening excitement at the Disneyland Resort!

I don't think I've heard anyone say anything about it, but the back side of the pier where Screamin, Fun Wheel, and Maliboomer are will be closed off during this right? Even though the best ride (Screamin) is back there, I guess the time it's running will be evened out by the park's later hours.

I also must say that the technology going into this show almost sounds too cool to be true

I have also heard the term "Fantasmic Killer", and think it has more to do with the technology than anything else. Fantasmic has moving objects all over the water and live actors. How do you beat a pirate ship with all the action going on with it!

One word. Chernabog.

And I thank you for not reading at least one page back as it was just posted on the last page (same videos from the same user too) Still impressive show to say the least.

Anytime! ^^ And that's exactly it right there. Chernabog. Overall this show is going to kick ass. I can't wait to see this. Maybe we can get a TPR meet for opening night.

I don't think I've heard anyone say anything about it, but the back side of the pier where Screamin, Fun Wheel, and Maliboomer are will be closed off during this right? Even though the best ride (Screamin) is back there, I guess the time it's running will be evened out by the park's later hours.

I also must say that the technology going into this show almost sounds too cool to be true

Not all the rides will close. Probably Screamin', Fun Wheel, Swings, and Zephyr.