TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

We all know that The Walt Disney Co takes its money from Paris, the "Golden company", to the US parks., which seems normal indeed, if Disney revinvest in Paris in return. This is how Walt Disney World recieved so many new rides the past few years, contrary to Hong Kong Disneyland, China

Disney only owns 40% of the of Euro Disney S.C.A. (which is the publically traded company that actually owns DLP) stock. They are also only 43% owners of the company that controls Hong Kong Disneyland (The Hong Kong government owns the rest)

We all know that The Walt Disney Co takes its money from Paris, the "Golden company", to the US parks., which seems normal indeed, if Disney revinvest in Paris in return. This is how Walt Disney World recieved so many new rides the past few years, contrary to Hong Kong Disneyland, China

Disney only owns 40% of the of Euro Disney S.C.A. (which is the publically traded company that actually owns DLP) stock. They are also only 43% owners of the company that controls Hong Kong Disneyland (The Hong Kong government owns the rest)

Yep, but this is not where they're making money with Paris or Hong Kong. Paris a "joint venture", like Hong Kong, which means that 14% of Paris annual turnover is taken every year by the Walt Disney Co. Contrary to Tokyo, which is a franchise,run by Oriental Land Co, and just pays royalties to the WDC (and huge Imagineering fees for new rides by the way). Add the royalties, Imagineering fees and co, plus guests not spending as much money as they do in Tokyo Disneyland and you get Euro Disney SCA never making profits.

Sorry, we're going off topic, anyway, glad to see DCA finally reaching Disney standards!

• 4 weeks later...

the changes have been amazing. Ive got some photos from trip there a few weeks ago. (had a 3 day trip) It shows the extensive work being done.

PP14-061809-AVP.thumb.jpg.761e813b30c7c4352c3c1e92091df785.jpg

Workers assembling the wiring track system, and more bunkers, Looks to me like these are going to be for some kind of lighting effects

PP11-061809-AVP.thumb.jpg.7923450467311d0b9432b8775aae472d.jpg

More of the terraced viewing area, and another bunker of some sort?

PP13-061809-AVP.jpg.910a6a622aa67d1cd0784ccfc9d9707b.jpg

Some kind of concrete bunker show room maybe?

PP10-061809-AVP.thumb.jpg.a3e30475b144af826c8e0a461af05309.jpg

looks like they are building some sort of terraced viewing section.

LM1-060309-AVP.thumb.jpg.52413c8e00fb7730860bfe8d89edac06.jpg

This is pretty much what half the park looks like.

PP1-061809-AVP.jpg.25b87d86279a604e41402f6096f5110d.jpg

Sign for the new Water show, World of Color. Supposed to debut in July.

LM3-060309-AVP.thumb.jpg.8678121968a7893b9b319e4fd2af14d1.jpg

Sign for the new ariels undersea adventure for 2011.

Gosh.....did you really just say the WOC is debuting in JULY?! Where did you hear that from? Haha if you didn't notice....the signs on the wall says SPRING 2010! If the WOC debuted in July, then they already would had to have toe water filled in, and tests of the show being placed after park hours....none of which is going to happen, until the bay is refilled later this coming winter. Then, they will start testing the show...so, if you really wanna see a sneak peak, I suggest booking a hotel room at the Paradise Pier hotel.....

As for other park construction info, Dinosaur Jack's is being totally demolished, and moving onto Yesterland. The Little Mermaid attraction just started construction, that will be opening in roughly 2011. The Orange Stinger is going down for its refurb and redesign this July, returning next spring as the Silly Symphony Swings. Any other questions on the refurb???

Wait, am I missing something? I thought Muhalland ( I hope I spelled this right ) Madness was closing and when I was there Monday it was running. Are they going to take it down or what?

Yeah, its getting a retheme. They should be starting on it in sometime in January as of right now (Micechat.com). But everything keeps getting pushed around. So who knows when it will actually get done.

^That is correct, it'll use the latest version of the system (still to be seem if it'll be any different then what is used for Journey to the Center of the Earth at Tokyo DiseySea) evolving from the system used for the failed Rocket Rods.

Mullholand Madness isnt supposed to be rethemed until after Silly Symphony Swings opens (which will be awhile from now).

I wanted to point out that there is no way WoC is opening in July, but apparently I've been beaten to the punch.

There are a few rumors that it may be done by December of this year, though the target date is March 2010 for Spring Break.

I just wanted to point out that the construction going on in the Timon parking lot is not the start of Cars Land, it's most likely the support buildings for Imagineering to have on-site ofices to work on these massive projects.

I wouldn't expect to see actual construction on the attraction until next year.

^ Rumor has it that there are suports under it that cannot be removed, so the rumored re themed is a parachute tower, or lazer snake horse on fire drop zone

Also, does anyone know if worlds of color will have a storyline like fantasmic? or will it just be an elaborate water show with some possible fireworks, something kind of like illuminations at Epcot. I am really hoping for a storyline, but something tells me this is just going to be an awesome water display. Fantasmic is my favorite theme park show of all time and I would love to see something like that here, but it will be so hard to theme to california.

Now that I think about it, it has to have some kind of storyline if there is some giant stage that will float in the middle of the lagoon, which this is looking like it will be. If there is some kind of media day for this next spring count me in.

I am intrigued by the show. It's quite ambitious. Not sure if it will help the park that significantly next summer. Imo, Little Mermaid should have been completed first, then WOC, then Carsland. But I suppose they have their reasons (maybe hotel construction?).I am curious to see how/if they still use the E. Parade prior or after the WOC show ends.

My tentative plan is to see it when the AP's are blocked out. I've read the trip reports of what happens when the AP flood DL to check out new shows - like Nightastic, and after being in that kind of crowd during Christmas season, no desire to experience that again. Also wondering if the AP will park hop from DL to DCA for WOC, and then back to DL like a mass exodus. From a crowd control perspective I'll be interested to see what happens.

From a crowd control perspective I'll be interested to see what happens.

Lots and lots of people will camp out all day to see it, I had the pleasure of being there the day Fantasmic came up from its rehab not long ago and people were camping out all day to see it and its been there for 17 years!

^ I kind of agree with you and kind of disagree. I do think the show will be spectacular, but I doubt it will be nerly as crowded as Fantasmic. My friends went to DCA during oening week of toystory mania and said that they waited fifty minutes in line. That is insane, esecially considering the crazy opening day of the nemo subs, or the still crazy long(often over an hour) wait to get on the subs. Also, keep in mind that with the large area you will be able to actually get seats, which, although against park rules will be much easier to save then on the ground in front of fantasmic. And my last thing about the show is that no matter what it will not be as innovative as fantasmic, and, like it or not the GP will think, its just another fantasmic, and with moder technology, it is not nearly as stunning as the awesome projections and effects that are fantasmic.

I personally am looking forward to this show very much, and cannot wait for the summer to be over, because in august/early september I will be a proud Disney AP holder once again.

The I LOVE DISNEY Ghost

Gosh.....did you really just say the WOC is debuting in JULY?! Where did you hear that from? Haha if you didn't notice....the signs on the wall says SPRING 2010! If the WOC debuted in July, then they already would had to have toe water filled in, and tests of the show being placed after park hours....none of which is going to happen, until the bay is refilled later this coming winter. Then, they will start testing the show...so, if you really wanna see a sneak peak, I suggest booking a hotel room at the Paradise Pier hotel.....

As for other park construction info, Dinosaur Jack's is being totally demolished, and moving onto Yesterland. The Little Mermaid attraction just started construction, that will be opening in roughly 2011. The Orange Stinger is going down for its refurb and redesign this July, returning next spring as the Silly Symphony Swings. Any other questions on the refurb???

thats just what ive heard from a few fansites. but it really looks like the show platform and everything else is just about done.

Cars land is expected to have ground broken in 2012.