TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

It was mentioned elsewhere that this has something to do with re-routing the Tram, which incidentally, will be related to Carsland.

Things are really coming along, I'm glad we made it there back in November before all the walls went up, though.

^^ I don't think they were using THAT much of the Timon lot though. It looks like it's been about halved.

It may not be for CarsLand, but they are certainly using more of the space.

Remember, the deconstruction of Golden Dreams is next on the list and is set to begin later this month when the new bathrooms open. I would think they have to at least get the mermaid show building built before they can start working on CarsLand, which is slated to begin construction late this year.

I think of all the projects going into DCA these next few years, the most I'm looking forward to is The Little Mermaid. If budget holds true, this could be DCA's version of The Haunted Mansion over in Disneyland. The showroom itself is supposed to be bigger as well. I am also interested in Cars Land, but only because the of similarities to Test Track. Man, that was a fun ride...

That ferris wheel is awesome. DCA is starting to look so much better already! When is construction on the swings set to begin?(if it has not started already) that should look nice. I will definatly have a pass intime for world of color, and I cant wait! This looks amazing!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to the park today and King Tritons Carousel is back open and a bit of an eye sore still sadly. Any one know if they'll be simply taking it out in the future?

Also for those keeping tabs on construction walls going up and coming down, they put them up around the building that will be turned into the little mermaid.

If i get back down there friday I'll try to get a few pictures.

^ I'm still hoping that the lack of full King Triton's Carousel and Mickey's Fun Wheel queue makeovers is due to Disney wanting as many of the attractions open as possible during the very busy summer months and not a lack/re-allocation of funds. With all of the construction happening around that side of the park, Disney needs to have every available attraction open just to be able to theoretically keep visitors happy.

Well well, due to the world economic crisis they seem to scale back some "details" like the Wheel's queue, and it's sad, I have to agree. But most of the money used for DCA placemaking is taken from Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris), directly on the annual turnover which will decrease this year, this might be one of the reason why they could not afford a makover for some "small details" in Anaheim.

Please Disney do the same thing with the Walt Disney Studios Paris, which still is Miles behind Disney's California Adventure in term of theming especially. So please Anaheim friends (I'm from Paris), don't complain, caus in Paris we're still waiting for some makeover plan!

^ Really? I thought that based on photos Disney's Studios Paris looked pretty good. Crush is easily the best themed spinner(maybe with the exception of winjas or euro-mir) Also, Indy looks pretty nice looking. I think the biggest issue you guys have is the head banging on space mountain mission 2, lol.

But most of the money used for DCA placemaking is taken from Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris), directly on the annual turnover which will decrease this year, this might be one of the reason why they could not afford a makover for some "small details" in Anaheim.

I don't believe this is the case. Right before the DCA overhaul was announced, Disney sold $1 billion in bonds. Coincidence? I think not.

But most of the money used for DCA placemaking is taken from Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris), directly on the annual turnover which will decrease this year, this might be one of the reason why they could not afford a makover for some "small details" in Anaheim.

I don't believe this is the case. Right before the DCA overhaul was announced, Disney sold $1 billion in bonds. Coincidence? I think not.

If they had the 1 billion dollars right now, they would have done everything as expected. But they didn't.

We all know that The Walt Disney Co takes its money from Paris, the "Golden company", to the US parks., which seems normal indeed, if Disney revinvest in Paris in return.

This is how Walt Disney World recieved so many new rides the past few years, contrary to Hong Kong Disneyland, China. This makeover project is not about saving money Jew, Lasseter wants to transform DCA into a great Disney theme park. But as you know, WDI projects are very expensive, and with the purposed 1 billion dollars you can really make over a queue line for a fun wheel. DLP turnover expections decrease? Some details of the DCA placemaking are left aside. Plus this makeover is beeing done in several years, which let time for the WDC to receive money from Paris for Anaheim, clever executives.

If all money may not come from Paris, we all know that when Jay Rasulo can save money, he does everything in that purpose. This mechanism may work well anyway, and that's a great thing for you, folks!

And The Gost, outside Crush with its small but nicely themed area and the ToT with its beginning of a future Hollywood blvd (a la DHS), The Walt Disney Studios are only less than 25 hectares (50 acres), and theming is still quite missing in some part of the part (for a Disney theme park). Thus this park has a huge potential with Toy Story Land (2010) and especially the rumored Ratouille Dark Ride with Tokyo's Winnie the Pooh LPS system (2012). You're still leading the parade with DCA when compared to WDS.

From everything I've read, the 1.1 Billion is not all going to be used for this first phase (everything leading up to Carsland) and that it's being capped at around 700 million (could be wrong here) with about 400 million going to Carsland itself. It's been said Lasseter wants to spare no expense for Carsland so that's my guess as to where the budget is going.