TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

As I'm in the middle of buying a house at the minute, there's no way I could get there until March 09 at the earliest

I'm gutted that I'll never get to see it as it was originally built

The best ride of the park, Tower of Terror, will not likely be closed for extended periods of time since that part of the park isn't really being touched. You've probably been on "good tower" anyway. DCA will be better, so you needn't worry about missing it in its original state. Technically, the original DCA is a thing of the past anyway, since many of the original rides, attractions, and restaurants have been closed for quite some time.

I was wondering what those tunnels on the rollercoaster were for. I will the ears since I just call that ride the Mickey Ears Rollercoaster.

I thought Tower of Terror was one of the most fun rides I have been on. The actors were all really different and you can tell they have fun getting everyone onto the ride. And then it just has this really fun feeling by the way everyone acts and reacts while the ride is going.

I was wondering what those tunnels on the rollercoaster were for. I will the ears since I just call that ride the Mickey Ears Rollercoaster.

I thought Tower of Terror was one of the most fun rides I have been on. The actors were all really different and you can tell they have fun getting everyone onto the ride. And then it just has this really fun feeling by the way everyone acts and reacts while the ride is going.

Because Disney's California Adventure is located within a residential zone and must adhere to certain noise restriction guidelines, special "scream" tubes were designed for California Screamin' to muffle the Guests' screams during those thrill portions of the ride that are sure to elicit such a reaction

(according to Wikipedia)

Maybe now that Maliboomer's days are numbered the residents and hotel guests can compromise and get those ugly tubes off an otherwise beautiful coaster. Maliboomer is much taller and presumably generates much more noise. Maybe... one can only hope.

Disney can always do what SFNE did: Tell the residents to keep their windows shut and buy them some air conditioners.

Here's a picture of the proposed Goofy's Sky School makeover that I've never seen. It was on latimes.com. They hint that the plan is eventually to replace it with an E-ticket ride, but that this will be what we get in the interim. I'll leave that to speculation. Heres the photo.

Goofys-Sky-Skool-Disneys-California-Adventure-42950390.gif.d7601b8ecca4f01b8095d1608733cc21.gif

Thanks for the photo.

Looks like it will be very lightly rethemed. Looks like more of a change is being made to the station than anything else. Not sure why it would take until 2010 to pull that off. It is rather bizarre that they would attempt to tie this into any theme of "flight". An inverted family coaster would make more sense.

Speaking of which, shouldn't they dump the Golden Zephyr? Maybe replace it with a swinging pirate ship? Or boat themed disko coaster? I took one ride on the GZ, and it is literally a waste of space.

Yeah I was hoping for something a bit classier, more along the lines of Toy Story's building, for this coaster. But if they are really going to be getting rid of it eventually, I can see why they don't want to go overboard on the theming.

As for the Zephyr, my girlfriend and I were riding it a couple months ago, and the friendly ride op said they'd be getting rid of it soon. That is definitely a rumour, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it removed.

I'll be hitting DCA on the 23rd for the trick-or-treat, hopefully I'll get some more info!

Well, there's been several rumors circulating about PP and the rides that will remain. i suggest checking out www.micechat.com it has some good info on the refurb. i have heard anything from a parachute "Army men" themed attraction, to the removal of jumping jellyfish. The orange stinger will definetly be rethemed to mickey's silly simphony swings. We only have to sit and wait for this to come true... I personally would like to see a tightly inverted coaster take over GFS and maybe toss in a few inversions....

>>Jake

Thanks for the photo.

Looks like it will be very lightly rethemed. Looks like more of a change is being made to the station than anything else. Not sure why it would take until 2010 to pull that off. It is rather bizarre that they would attempt to tie this into any theme of "flight". An inverted family coaster would make more sense.

Speaking of which, shouldn't they dump the Golden Zephyr? Maybe replace it with a swinging pirate ship? Or boat themed disko coaster? I took one ride on the GZ, and it is literally a waste of space.

Golden Zephyr might be pointless, but it fits right in with the classic boardwalk theme they are going for. I believe they modeled it after a former ride at Coney Island.

/\ There is one still operating at Blackpool Pleasure Beach that the imagineers based it off of.

The revamps to Mullholand/the wave swinger look pretty underwhelming, but everything else looks pretty good.

The revamps to Mullholand/the wave swinger look pretty underwhelming, but everything else looks pretty good.

Well after two SoCal parks already revamped existing rides in the hopes that the public believes they've really built a brand new ride, maybe it'll work for Disney too!

Im assuming he is talking about Space Mountain. I could be totally wrong though.

Has Blue Sky Cellar opened yet?

Oh yes, how could have I forgotten that re-build. That was much more successful than X2 IMO. The transformation from before to after is noticibly different on Space Mountain...X2 not so much.

Was sorely disappoined in DCA and for some reason none of this excites me.

I know some folks are thinking the Little Mermaid ride is going to be a big 'ol MEH, but Jim Hill is saying it's going to be major, much like the virtual ride extra on the Little Mermaid DVD from a while back. Above the water....below the water and the like.

Other than that....not sure what they're doing is enough to get me to go back

Through all the concept art, I always ask myself if what I'm seeing could justify in my mind paying the same for this as Disneyland.

Until the Mermaid ride and Cars Land ride are built, and the World of Color show goes online, that answer is "no." We'll see if those change that answer, but I have to actually see them for myself first. No amount of rebranding existing rides or adding trolley cars is going to change it.

• 1 month later...

I was at DCA on Monday. here is some photos from the lagoon being empty and work on the painting of Sun Wheel.

It was amazing to see the lagoon empty.

Putting up scaffolding.

How much longer will you see this??

I rode and actually had a great ride on it. There were 2 towers running and about a 20 min wait. The other tower had a tarp over the passenger cart.

Let the painting begin..

Empty..

Crazy, I really didn't realize just how deep the lagoon really is.

Running 3 trains, 1 station. Purple didn't have audio.. 55 Minute wait. Park was surprisingly busy!!!!

Thats all for now. I will post a complete trip report in its own thread later this week. Have a great holiday weekend everyone!!!!!!

John