TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I rode it last night, and the first thing I gotta say, pretty much along with everyone else, is it far surpassed my expectations. It is a really FUN ride, and has one of the highest re-rideable factors of any ride I've been on. The games are just flat out fun, and the 3D video screens are done very well. The random spinning of the cars in between games just adds to all the excitement as well. Something I found really interesting though is how this ride just eats people up, in terms of capacity of course. When I got there I was quoted 3 hours. This was with the main queue, the walkway queue, and the line reaching all the way up to Ariel's Grotto. But even with all those people the line was only an hour 1/2, and I thought it was well worth it, at least for the first time I rode it. I probably wouldn't wait more than about 45 min for it now. Just don't believe the cast members when they tell you it's a 2-3 hour wait

Weeee I made it in a TPR update! Thanks Robb, Elissa, KT & Chris, much fun was had!

Great coverage of the ride, especially on the POV video. Robb once again demonstrating epic multi-tasking skills. Takes talent to film POV and send all those LGM's off to nuclear heaven.

Just had a chance to ride it today, and I was blown away. Seriously, most addicting ride EVER! The ride was really well done and I had a lot of fun playing all the different games. I love how I beat my friend who had been on it 8 times before by almost a 100,000 points. The crew was amazing too! They really did a great job getting people through the ride. Props to whoever is on it. I think I might've seen a couple TPRers, but I wasn't sure and I couldn't see there nametag, so I didn't approach. Overall, a great ride and I can't wait to ride it again.

---Brent

That ride looks really fun, and definitely shows Disney is heading in the right direction with DCA. The scary part, is a friend of mine who works at the Resort was at the park, and the line for Toy Story Mania goes all the way to the front of the park. That is totally nuts!

EDIT- accidentally made this a new topic. Sorry

I must say that I am extremely jealous of the opening ceremony you guys got out in California. We had nothing like that at all here in Florida. Our media day was kinda lackluster. I understand that this is the first thing that is really going to turn around DCA and it needs it. Congratulations California on your opening. Get ready for 2 hour waits. Were getting it here in Florida, but luckily our queue is air conditioned.

Thanks for the media day pictures and video. I hadn't spent a great deal of time comparing the differences between the Florida and California versions of the attraction, so I had just assumed that since WDW's TSM had FastPass, so would this one. I guess that's not the case. Or, did I just miss pictures of FastPass machines? I checked Disney's site and they don't mention anything about FastPass for it either.

^ Thats a relief since I'll be at Disney Studios in August and fastpasses certainly are my friend. I'm pretty excited about Toy Story Mania and hope it's as good for me as it was for all of you. I'm just hoping it gets added to those extra magic hours mornings and evenings when I'm there.

• 2 weeks later...

After having experienced the ride firsthand this past week I must say that it was a pleasant surprise. I don't think it's possible for on-ride videos or descriptions to do justice to the ride experience. It's just plain "fun". Had the line not been pushing upwards of 40 minutes, I'd have likely re-ridden multiple times.

• 1 month later...
^ My question is a whole land devoted to 'Cars' even going to be relevant in five years?

More relevant than an e-ticket log flume that's themed to a movie that they won't even sell.

Ive always wondered the same thing, why would they theme a huge $100mil ride to a movie that they refuse to release because many consider it racist . Whatever, awesome ride regardless of weather people actually fully understand the theme or not.

Anyway TSMM looks like an awesome addition! The exterior and queue look absolutely stunning and much better than Hollywood Studios. I cant wait until the victorian facelift is finished on Paradise Pier it will look beautiful.

Isnt DCA's new entrance supposed to look like the 20s and DHS the 50s? Looks the exact same to me. I like the idea of redoing the entrance but not gonna lie that doesnt look any better than it is now.

^ My question is a whole land devoted to 'Cars' even going to be relevant in five years?

More relevant than an e-ticket log flume that's themed to a movie that they won't even sell.

Ive always wondered the same thing, why would they theme a huge $100mil ride to a movie that they refuse to release because many consider it racist . Whatever, awesome ride regardless of weather people actually fully understand the theme or not.

Anyway TSMM looks like an awesome addition! The exterior and queue look absolutely stunning and much better than Hollywood Studios. I cant wait until the victorian facelift is finished on Paradise Pier it will look beautiful.

Pardon me for sounding stupid but what happened with a 100 million dollar log flume...what?

Someone please explain I think I missed something.

• 4 weeks later...

I really like the way the Silly Symphony Swings looks in this concept art. It looks like there will be a sitting area or something underneath the swings and you can see the elevator tower to give you an idea of what you're looking at.

Ariel's building looks beautiful. Also, there was some updated concept art online for Goofy's Sky School. Looks good, too.