TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

More magical by the hour!  :mickey:

Actually ....... we think it's great, that a lot of the stuff that is at Disney Parks around the world, might show up in some form or fashion at The Original Park, after all these years! And me and David, are only a nice overnight train ride away from all this, is truly awesome for future visits! It's going to be interesting to see what they actually install in the areas they intend to "Theme and Connect" with the 2 parks. However it works out.

And Mickey & Minnie's RR is about ready (nearly) to open, Woo Hoo!

M-MsRR15.png.8e8da1b851d95a33e5c7186d99edd96e.png

Where M&Ms Runaway Railway will reside in Toontown.  And have an awesome new entry queue, in toon with TT.

Thank you Blitzen and MiceCHAT.com for the photo.

More info on tickets was released today. 

Park hours for both parks will be from 9am to 7pm, and the reservation portal for people who do NOT already have a ticket opens on April 12th. 

No word on a new pass program yet. 

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-disneyland-resorts-reopening-including-theme-park-reservations-and-tickets/?CMP=SOC-DPFY21Q3wo0401210407210022C

29 minutes ago, Nrthwnd said:

^ I hope it works out for all of you, there. 🤞

Me too, because I want Nevadans to be allowed back, dammit! I've gotta ride Rise Of The Resistance before SoCal burns to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disney has announced that the Avengers Campus will be opening on June 4th!

image.thumb.png.09aa314453ffb4e7c99ba6c7ef345097.png

Avengers Campus at Disneyland Resort Set to Open and Recruit Super Heroes June 4

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2021/04/avengers-campus-at-disneyland-resort-set-to-open-and-recruit-super-heroes-june-4/

Super Heroes Assemble! As we’ve all been anticipating, I’m pleased to share that Avengers Campus – an entirely new land dedicated to discovering, recruiting and training the next generation of Super Heroes – will open June 4, 2021 at the Disneyland Resort!

At this fully immersive land inside Disney California Adventure park, you will be invited to team up with the Avengers and their allies and live out your Super Hero dreams. Avengers Campus is comprised of several heroic locations, each hosted by a different Avenger to share their unique powers, technology and knowledge with recruits. Today, I’m also excited to unveil a first look inside Avengers Campus!

Sling webs with Spider-Man and unite with the Guardians of the Galaxy

The first key area is the Worldwide Engineering Brigade – also known as WEB. It brings together bright innovators like Peter Parker who have been assembled by Tony Stark to invent new technologies and equip everyday people to become Super Heroes like the Avengers. WEB will house the new WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, the first Disney ride-through attraction to feature the iconic friendly neighborhood Spider-Man!

We previously shared that Tom Holland will reprise his role as Spider-Man in the new family-friendly attraction, which invites you to put your web-slinging skills to the test and experience what it’s like to have powers alongside Spider-Man – a feat accomplished with innovative technology adapted specifically for this attraction, perfect for up-and-coming recruits of all ages.

The second anchor attraction looms high above the land, Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!, a fan-favorite that opened in 2017. This rockin’ adventure blasts you straight into the “Guardians of the Galaxy” story, alongside characters from the blockbuster films and comics. As you help Rocket bust his fellow Guardians of the Galaxy out of the Collector’s Fortress, you will experience raucous mayhem, music inspired by the soundtracks from the movies, thrilling free-fall drop sequences and six different story lines!

Power up with tiny treats and massive meals

When it is time to take a break from the heroics, several new dining spots at Avengers Campus will offer dishes that are rich in both flavor and storytelling. Pym Test Kitchen is a food innovation science lab where the food and drinks tell a story. Just as Ant-Man and The Wasp use “Pym Particles” to grow and shrink just about anything, Pym Technologies applies this science to the creation of shareable bites, inventive entrees and sweet treats. You will be able to savor such items as the Impossible™ plant-based large and micro meatballs with pasta, or the “Pym-ini,” a panini served by the slice or as a long, multi-portion sandwich.

Adjacent to the Pym Test Kitchen, an oversized beer can overhead signals that grown-up beverage tastings are available at Pym Tasting Lab. You can order a craft beer, ranging from a blood orange hefeweizen to an amber lager, or try one of the Pym Research Staff’s Pym Particle-infused cocktail experiments. Both locations will offer mobile ordering via the Disneyland App.*

Visit one of The Avengers favorite food joints, Shawarma Palace. Enjoy a shawarma wrap at this food cart, which is decked out with memorabilia for Avenger fans. Lastly, Taneleer Tivan did not limit his collection to lovable misfits; he is also curating a weird and wonderful menu of intergalactic eats at the Terran Treats food cart near Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!

Team up with the Avengers and their allies like never before 

Throughout Avengers Campus, Super Heroes will come to life in more exciting ways than ever. You may have heroic encounters with Iron Man, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, the Dora Milaje, Black Widow, Ant-Man and The Wasp, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor and even villains like Loki, some of whom are making their first appearances at the park. You may even have the chance to witness Spider-Man swinging into action high above Avengers Campus with gravity-defying, acrobatic feats never seen before in a Disney theme park. At a nearby ancient sanctum, Doctor Strange will train recruits in the mystic arts by bringing this ancient sanctum to life with powerful spells. At night, the area glows even more vividly with majestic colors and lights, pulsating with mystic energy.

Suit up with the latest Super Hero gear

The WEB Suppliers store will offer the latest inventions, including interactive Spider-Bots much like the ones you will see in the new attraction, WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure. Each Spider-Bot has a remote control, and all eight articulated legs move forward and backward. You may customize your Spider-Bot with tactical upgrades to harness the powers and style of favorite Super Heroes, including Black Panther, Iron Man and Black Widow, as well as Ant-Man and The Wasp. Other must-have items at WEB Suppliers include a specially-designed backpack to carry Spider-Bots when they are not in action, Spider-Man light goggles, a take-home spider web kit and Funko Pop! vinyl figurines of Spider-Man and Iron Man. The Campus Supply Pod is the place to power up with official Avengers Campus gear, including performance fleece hoodies and tees, headwear, drinkware and other Super Hero supplies.

We are counting down the days till we can team up with the Avengers and their allies, sling webs with Spider-Man, taste-test inventive food and drinks and become part of a bigger universe alongside some of our favorite Super Heroes.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, A.J. said:

which invites you to put your web-slinging skills to the test and experience what it’s like to have powers alongside Spider-Man – a feat accomplished with innovative technology adapted specifically for this attraction, perfect for up-and-coming recruits of all ages.

That's some interesting word use for yet another shooting gallery ride.  I'm curious if they actually have something worthwhile going on with it.

53 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Visit one of The Avengers favorite food joints, Shawarma Palace. Enjoy a shawarma wrap at this food cart, which is decked out with memorabilia for Avenger fans.

Well is it a Palace or a cart?!  Come on, Disney, I would have thought you guys knew the difference what with all the fairy tales.

I believe the Web Slingers ride uses gesture-based control as opposed to a physical gun prop, not unlike the Ninjago dark rides at Legoland parks.

I hadn't been following this project at all as I'm not super into Marvel, but now that KT is somewhat obsessed it looks pretty cool!  So this took over the bugs life area right?  Hope non-Californians are allowed in at some point before the summer is over. 

• Like 1

^^^ All the same, it seems to me that a number of Disney's (and other parks) attractions are those where you have to "work" at it, while you're riding it.

i.e. a shooting gallery ride. Whether you are using a handheld device or just hand gestures now, it's still the same practice. Now imagine that the entire Haunted Mansion ride was a "seek and find" shooting ride? Would that be fun, or just overkill? I'm not sure.

I also have the feeling that the new Avengers Phase 2 attraction will not only involve a new kind of transport system, but once again, you'll probably be firing at something(s) for either points... or just plain satisfaction, heh. Just noting, here.

^ And yes, it is quite rare to see that food regularly at most parks. Except maybe during a Food Festival, etc. Shawarma Rawks!

EDIT TO ADD: Now that I've thought more on it ...... whatever. I'd ride it, once I visited there.

I just hope I don't exhaust myself on it! 😋 (All those hand gestures, y'know?)

2 hours ago, SharkTums said:

I hadn't been following this project at all as I'm not super into Marvel, but now that KT is somewhat obsessed it looks pretty cool!  So this took over the bugs life area right?  Hope non-Californians are allowed in at some point before the summer is over. 

Yep, this took over A Bug's Land, and the Flic's Fliers balloon race ride was rethemed and relocated to Pixar Pier where Maliboomer used to be.

• Like 1

Is the E-Ticket Avengers ride still planned for this expansion in the future? If so that's going to be a really awesome lineup eventually with the Guardians Tower, the Spiderman ride, and the Avengers attraction. I don't really have any expectations for the Spiderman ride other than I hope it's a lot of fun, then again never Disney really doesn't miss so this should be fine. 

I'm really interested to see how the Spiderman ride turns out.  People will definitely compare it to the Spiderman ride at IOA, which is still one of the best dark rides in the world, so the stakes are pretty big here.  I like the retheming of the area though and it makes a lot more sense with the Guardians ride now.  Bug's Life was never a great IP and I don't think anyone will miss it. 

18 minutes ago, VegasBaby said:

Bug's Life was never a great IP and I don't think anyone will miss it

When the best possible use for an IP is a 4D movie, yeah, the IP blows.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, VegasBaby said:

I'm really interested to see how the Spiderman ride turns out.  People will definitely compare it to the Spiderman ride at IOA, which is still one of the best dark rides in the world, so the stakes are pretty big here.  I like the retheming of the area though and it makes a lot more sense with the Guardians ride now.  Bug's Life was never a great IP and I don't think anyone will miss it. 

I wonder if it will almost be more like the Avengers ride at IMG in Dubai.  I really liked their little Marvel area!

Here's a video we shot on it: 

I'm curious to see if that outdoor Spider-man animatronic will be swinging around the area. 

We're hoping to take my Mom to Disneyland in late fall this year (a trip we had to delay thanks to COVID). She's a DCA fan but hasn't been there since they changed the place. The Marvel stuff doesn't interest her because they don't have Superman. But she is happy that they still have Soarin'.  😆 I'm looking forward to seeing the Avengers Campus, though (hoping that non-California residents will be able to visit by then).

On 4/9/2021 at 5:43 AM, Hilltopper39 said:

Is the E-Ticket Avengers ride still planned for this expansion in the future? If so that's going to be a really awesome lineup eventually with the Guardians Tower, the Spiderman ride, and the Avengers attraction. I don't really have any expectations for the Spiderman ride other than I hope it's a lot of fun, then again never Disney really doesn't miss so this should be fine. 

The internet rumors (emphasize on rumor) are that was delayed or canceled as a result of the pandemic.

Assuming that to be the case, business will quickly recover once all restrictions are lifted, so I can’t imagine it will be shelved for too long.   Probably on the back half of the decade.

• Like 2

On 4/10/2021 at 6:07 AM, cfc said:

I'm curious to see if that outdoor Spider-man animatronic will be swinging around the area. 

Oh, it totally will be -

On 4/8/2021 at 2:08 PM, A.J. said:

You may even have the chance to witness Spider-Man swinging into action high above Avengers Campus with gravity-defying, acrobatic feats never seen before in a Disney theme park.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Disney will sell web-slingers for the Spider-Man ride that will change your ride experience.

First Look: Embrace Your Inner Super Hero with Avengers Campus Merchandise, Including All-New WEB Tech Available at Disneyland Resort

When Avengers Campus opens on June 4, 2021 at Disney California Adventure park, you’ll be able to team up with your family and friends and assemble with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes through a collection of attractions, encounters and missions!

What better way to gear up for this epic adventure and embrace your inner Super Hero than with a first look at all-new merchandise coming to Avengers Campus? And better yet, some of these new products will be coming first to Disneyland Resort Backlot Premiere Shop featuring Avengers Campus, Disney+ and Super Hero products on May 29 before arriving at WEB Suppliers and the Avengers Campus Supply Pod inside Avengers Campus on June 4.

image.thumb.png.a2e3ad5103f4e95a25048b5476484b88.png

Now there is one SUPER thing we haven’t shared yet… While everyone will be able to sling webs on the attraction, for the first time ever on a Disney Parks attraction, you’ll be able to customize your experience aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure with WEB Tech accessories. Yes, you read that correctly; when you gear up, you’ll be able to find your OWN powers and get a different experience aboard the attraction!

image.png.3dba612ade1e8f71ba1c5749b3062704.png

image.png.ddd198e309d737eba631a7265daa3876.png

As a refresher, on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, you’ll don 3D glasses on a test-drive of the aspiring inventor’s latest invention, the WEB Slinger vehicle, and discover your web-slinging super powers. Through specially designed, innovative technology that recognizes body movements and gestures, you’ll reach out your hands and sling webs from your wrists, just like Spider-Man!

First, you power up with a WEB Power Band. This base band features an attraction mode that unlocks multi-fire webs aboard WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure to personalize the game play for a cool, new experience on the attraction.

image.thumb.png.0329944c6cc5422fbff31031f349ade9.pngimage.thumb.png.d077051fc5189d158db2471cbedf4fb9.pngimage.thumb.png.80dda60c03028709673ab378880b5c75.pngimage.thumb.png.af407e44329c4902afa88d41ce36c911.png

Then, you can find your own powers and add on WEB Tech inspired by some favorite Super Heroes including Spider-Man, Ghost Spider, Iron Man and Rescue to your WEB Power Bands.

As seen above, WEB Tech can change your powers on the attraction to those inspired by fan-favorite Super Heroes– from Spider-Man and Ghost Spider with electro-dynamic webs, to Iron Man and Rescue with repulsor blasts.

Spider-Man and Ghost Spider-inspired WEB Shooters change your powers to electro-dynamic webs on the attraction and at home, features lights, sounds, projections, and webs that eject and retract. Iron Man and Rescue-inspired Repulsor Cannons change your powers to repulsor blasts on the attraction and at home. They also light up and blast air while you practice your repulsor powers with training spheres.

After you’re done saving Avengers Campus from a Spider-Bot infestation on WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure, there’s even more fun in store for aspiring WEB members! Check out all the details on what else is to come:

image.png.b1b3f5073e75325fc53173c40c613e2c.png

Every Super Hero needs a friendly sidekick to help protect their neighborhood. Spider-Bots place YOU in the driver’s seat, allowing you to command your Spider-Bot and battle opponents, with programmed combat and defensive abilities.

image.png.c5bae206e5260fc0cf66d5f53891aadd.png

Looking to take your Spider-Bot to the next level? Inspired by some favorite Super Heroes, tactical upgrades change the overall appearance of your Spider-Bot and enhance your Spider-Bot’s battle capabilities. These tactical upgrades are inspired by Iron Man, Black Widow, Black Panther and even Ant-Man and The Wasp… But keep an eye out for more to come!

image.png.9dc8e89f34aa632834875f302d836597.png

Whether you’re just hanging out at Avengers Campus or protecting your neighborhood, you will be able to bring your Spider-Bot with you on the go with this backpack, perfect for carrying essentials including a special web-mesh to hold your very own Spider-Bot.

image.png.6978cf78eba8a3bd1611a33df84ef07a.png

Inspired by the web-slinger himself, these stylish goggles are the ultimate accessory for day or night with 17 unique expressions that come to life digitally. Then, take your Spider-Man look to the next level with these authentic web-shooters featuring lights, sounds and even a display for when they’re not being used to save the day.

image.png.f2bb0fc3f3764e1b337c113f7b87f230.png

Collectors won’t want to miss out on the newest Pop! figure featuring everybody’s favorite web-slinger, catching Spider-Bots that have run amuck throughout Avengers Campus. And who better to join Spider-Man than his mentor, Tony Stark, aka Iron Man himself, in this all-new Pop! figure.

image.png.d6e2c20e1507977a7cf1c7c258c57351.pngimage.png.effb102adca7b12b7296a38d9acb2d23.png

Those looking to show off their WEB pride can embrace their inner science whiz with a variety of products from apparel to home goods featuring the WEB logo! Aspiring Avengers can also grab an assortment of products inspired by S.T.E.A.M. and even create their own webs using at-home kits.

image.png.99046d39e8afa39f3d10d036e223971f.png

image.png.fc7fa826a755c6a8e1ee1b63236a6aa5.png

Looking to suit up in Avengers Campus gear? Well, power on up at Campus Supply Pod located near WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure with official Avengers Campus gear. Campus Supply Pod carries an assortment of attire featuring the Avengers Campus logo and other gear including Avengers Campus T-shirts, a fleece hoodie and even a deluxe figurine set featuring some favorite Avengers.

Who’s ready to team up with Earth’s Mightiest Heroes when Avengers Campus opens on June 4, 2021? I know I am!

Source

• Like 1

Sorry to double post, but since it hasn't yet been mentioned, Disneyland made two changes yesterday:

1) As of June 15th, they will begin to admit out-of-state visitors once again.
2) They have changed the online reservations to allow you to schedule a reservation up to 120 days in advance.

Already reserved my three days at the end of August. Really looking forward to finally doing this Disneyland vacation with my son after being in the works for over a year and a half at this point! :)

• Like 1