TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

So, I ended up splurging a little bit, since I'm fully expecting this west coast trip my son and I are taking to be a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing, and we are staying at the Grand Californian for four nights. I know that since we're staying on property, we get the Magic Morning benefit where we get one hour early entry to the parks. I also know that the hotel has its own dedicated gate into DCA.

What I'm not sure on so far is how this affects us trying to get a boarding group in the mornings. We're gonna be shooting for it every single day we're there. If we are scanned in at DCA through the hotel gate, will we be able to use the app to get a boarding group while we're actually IN DCA, or will we have to backtrack and get scanned into DL instead before the app allows us to try and reserve a group?

What I'm not sure on so far is how this affects us trying to get a boarding group in the mornings. We're gonna be shooting for it every single day we're there. If we are scanned in at DCA through the hotel gate, will we be able to use the app to get a boarding group while we're actually IN DCA, or will we have to backtrack and get scanned into DL instead before the app allows us to try and reserve a group?

On both coasts it's that you have to be in the park (Disneyland / DHS) to get a boarding group. But once you get your group you can basically do whatever, including park-hop.

So, I ended up splurging a little bit, since I'm fully expecting this west coast trip my son and I are taking to be a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing, and we are staying at the Grand Californian for four nights. I know that since we're staying on property, we get the Magic Morning benefit where we get one hour early entry to the parks. I also know that the hotel has its own dedicated gate into DCA.

also, be aware that even though like 3/4 of the gates will be magic morning, they are still long lines to get in. you won't be able to stroll over at 7:30 and walk in. by 7:30, they flip the signs and magic morning entrance is over. so i'd get there early to benefit the most from it.

Impossible Foods has announced that they have formed a strategic alliance with Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, beginning to offer the Impossible Burger in menu items at the Disneyland Resort, the Walt Disney World Resort and aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships. The first menu items to launch under this new partnership will debut at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival on February 28th, 2020!

Disney-and-Impossible-plant-based-food.jpg.d2240292c1c80cdfba18a701784e3127.jpg

Impossible Foods announces a new strategic alliance today with Disney Parks, Experiences and Products. As part of the alliance, the food tech startup’s flagship product – Impossible Burger – will be designated as the “Preferred Plant-Based Burger” of Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Disney Cruise Line.

On February 28, Disney will debut Impossible Foods menu items at the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, including:

• Petite Impossible™ Burger with Guac and Pepper Jack Cheese at Avocado Time Marketplace
  • Impossible™ Cheeseburger Mac & Cheese at Nuts About Cheese Marketplace
  • Impossible™ Meatball Submarine at Paradise Garden Grill

The award-winning, plant-based Impossible Burger will soon be available at multiple locations across Walt Disney World® Resort, Disneyland® Resort and Disney Cruise Line, including Tony’s Town Square Restaurant in Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World® Resort, Smokejumpers Grill in Disney California Adventure at Disneyland® Resort and more.

The alliance follows Disney’s September 2019 announcement of plans to add plant-based options at all major quick and table service dining locations in their U.S. theme parks. More than 400 plant-based dishes are now available at Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida, and more will be available at Disneyland® Resort in California in spring 2020.

“We are thrilled to be working with Disney,” said Dennis Woodside, President of Impossible Foods. “The millions of park-goers who visit Disney Parks and Resorts and sail on Disney Cruise Line each year – including those who are reducing their impact on the environment by eating less meat – will now be able to order the Impossible Burger and other delicious dishes made with our plant-based meat. We look forward to the exciting opportunities ahead with this new relationship.”

"We’re excited to add more items featuring the Impossible Burger to our menus," said Chef John State, Culinary Director at Disneyland Resort. “We’re always looking for ways to bring more flavor, innovation and creativity to the Disney dining experience and we’re delighted to include Impossible Foods in new dishes that our guests and fans are sure to enjoy.”

Impossible Foods Head of Culinary, J Michael Melton, will be offering live demonstrations on March 7 and March 8 as part of the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival.

DELICIOUS, NUTRITIOUS, SUSTAINABLE

Impossible Burger is the flagship product from Impossible Foods, Inc. Magazine’s company of the year and one of Time Magazine’s 50 Genius companies. The award-winning product rivals ground beef from cows for taste -- and it’s nutritious and versatile.

Impossible Burger has as much bioavailable iron and protein as a comparable serving of ground beef from cows. A 4-ounce serving of Impossible Burger has 0 mg cholesterol, 14 grams of total fat, 8g of saturated fat and 240 calories. (A conventional 4-ounce “80/20” patty from cows has 80 mg cholesterol, 23 grams of total fat, 9g of saturated fat and 290 calories.)

Impossible Burger contains no animal hormones or antibiotics, and is kosher, halal and gluten-free certified. And because it’s made from plants, it uses 96% less land, 87% less water and 89% fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to conventional beef from cows.

Stay tuned for more news on the alliance and events by visiting impossiblefoods.com/media and on social media.

Business Insider has a few extra photos from the announcement!

https://www.businessinsider.com/impossible-foods-deal-disney-plant-based-meals-to-menu-2020-2

DCLimpossible.JPG.c72e9ecaf70ce569d0ff1d82e4083108.JPG

dlimpossible.JPG.7c20c2b89d1c969cc5903c3cbbfee497.JPG

wdwimpossible.JPG.18df7e6b0f29ada4d45192515b6dcbb1.JPG

5e54182efee23d3acf117c35.thumb.jpg.d934757e26f475c2e6158ec5f6d85252.jpg

5e541cfbfee23d3a937dc71e.jpg.d0bbb97d99d2689b9a36f705183ee340.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

^ Big same here. Even my kid has been turned on to the Impossible burgers thanks to the Impossible Whopper, so much so that if we end up going to Burger King he usually ends up getting one. I'm excited to see what they're going to be doing with these; those new dishes sound pretty great!

They soft opened the "Magic Happens" parade today. I've already watched 5 different people's recordings of it on YouTube. It's great! Biggest issue is a lot of the floats are too tall in relation to the majority of people sitting to watch the parade. A lot of elements are hard to see unless you're watching from above (I'm waiting to see if anyone got video from the Main Street train station - that'll be a good angle).

But the music is great and the costumes are wonderful (kinda bummed that Tiana didn't get a new version of her dress, when Cinderella, Aurora, and even the Blue Fairy got new versions of their outfits). I LOVE the way they did Aurora's dress - I wasn't sure if they were gonna use LED or fiber optics or projection to show her dress changing color... But they managed to do it just with a really well-done color-shift fabric!

Can't wait for the higher quality videos that will come out within the next few weeks once the YouTubers have been able to do multi-angle recordings and the source file for the music leaks.... It's pretty much par for the course with Disney parades, which is great, because I haven't been to a Disney park in 8 years, so it's nice to have high quality videos/audio to watch/listen to online of the new parades! (Paint the Night is still my all-time fave so far)

^ From where to where? Just curious of me. And I'm too lazy to find out myself, thanks!

this one for example (leaving Sunday). . or a week later: similar itinerary w/ same perks for $265 pp.

Capture.thumb.PNG.80f9ea6e330808aa30f653db3b340ebe.PNG

Quick question about the boarding group system -

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?

With the drop in attendance we were thinking of making a last minute trip this Sunday and Monday (two days from now) to take advantage before the spring break and summer crowds make the place a wreck. If by some miracle Rise Of The Resistance plows through the groups and we get to ride, are we able to then join another boarding group if they're still available?

Yes. You can get another boarding group if they are available after yours has been redeemed.

Yes. You can get another boarding group if they are available after yours has been redeemed.

I had Group 1 on Sunday and wasn't able to get a second group from either the app or kiosk.

I had Group 1 on Sunday and wasn't able to get a second group from either the app or kiosk.

Were they still available? If the cast members scanned your original boarding group, you should have been able to redeem for another one according to a ride op at the venue if they were still taking boarding group reservations.

no, this is the error message i received when trying to get a second boarding group yesterday. i believe only the first week or something like that people were able to do that at Hollywood Studios, but never in California.

IMG_0026.thumb.png.a576811af0ad628a846bb52f17d2890f.png