TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I know they aren't saying anything technical but I'm curious how many pods there are in total. I'd love to do a behind the scenes tour of this.

Line moved very quick and rarely posted above 15 minutes for the CM previews, so probably lots!

I'm at work so I can't watch the ride video with sound so please forgive me if this is obvious/already answered: How functional are those cockpit controls? I gather that the ones outlined in green are the ones that 'do something'.

I'm at work so I can't watch the ride video with sound so please forgive me if this is obvious/already answered: How functional are those cockpit controls? I gather that the ones outlined in green are the ones that 'do something'.

As far as I could tell, it was only the buttons that light up that directly impact the ride. The pilots are controlling the ship. One the vertical movement and the other horizontal. Pilot on the right gets to activate lightspeed as well. The other positions (gunner and engineer) have less to do (basically just press a button, though gunner has the option of doing automatic or trying to aim for yourself in "manual").

I know they aren't saying anything technical but I'm curious how many pods there are in total. I'd love to do a behind the scenes tour of this.

I remember 7 pods per circle being posted.

And, 4 circles of pods were there, so..... = 28 pods in total?

CirclesShot.png.805e18bfff630521290eab0c21cd8614.png

Two circles for the pods - the two others are in the

enclosed building below the exposed two.

^ I would love to see an overhead shot (magically seen through the roof), of the maze of hallways and holding areas they've created, to make you think you're eventually boarding the Falcon in front.

LOVED your video walkthrough. The perfect length and totally captured everything. I also appreciate how there is limited signage directing you which way to go. Gives you the ability to just get lost in the area. Prices for food and drink seem absolutely insane, but not terribly surprised by that.

This land is so amazing! I can't wait to go back on June 1st!!

^ I would love to see an overhead shot (magically seen through the roof), of the maze of hallways and holding areas they've created, to make you think you're eventually boarding the Falcon in front.

You actually don't board the Falcon while it's sitting in front. During the pre-show, Hondo is talking to Chewbacca, and you see the Falcon fly in and land behind Hondo. So, when you board the Falcon, it has moved to a different loading area. Which is where you board the ship.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

^ Okay, that's cool. I was wondering how they'd figure the logistics out, direction wise, for boarding etc. And I didn't watch the video of the queue, because...well.... I just wanted some 'not knowing' what happens, etc.

This land is so amazing! I can't wait to go back on June 1st!!

You actually don't board the Falcon while it's sitting in front. During the pre-show, Hando is talking to Chewbacca, and you see the Falcon fly in and land behind Hando. So, when you board the Falcon, it has moved to a different loading area. Which is where you board the ship.

And you get there from a hallway themed to a jetway. No detail left untouched!

Haha, it's an interesting thing; that's how I thought it would work too. But, after riding it 3 times in a row, I know that what that Reddit thread shows you is actually incorrect!

Remember, there is only ONE Falcon with ONE cockpit. And if that layout were correct, you'd be able to see separate groups going to different areas of the ship, yet all going to the ONE cockpit? That doesn't make sense, right? One ship, with ONE cockpit. The trick they play is a good one, and it tricks you to believe that there is only ONE. I am not going to detail it, but it's a simple yet effective way to maintain the story.

Thanks for the excellent coverage! Love all the videos. Can't get in until after reservation period. Just pulled up the app, Smugglers Run has 30 min line. Looks like reservation system worked really well for that ride.

By the way, and this is just me, for my first ride on this attraction, I would like to be at the back, and On Automatic, so I can just enjoy the ride, and see how the other five are freeking out in front of me, LOL! That said, I would honestly love to ride it with everything On Automatic, just to see and feel how it runs itself, without us banging on buttons, etc.

p.s. I will play the part of the character who doubts his own engineering abilities,

and doesn't quite trust this crew (and their abilities) for this "mission."

Edited by Nrthwnd

When you board, you are instructed to enable your console by hitting buttons. I would guess that if you simply don't enable your console, then you are not required to participate in managing the ship.

I will say that my favorite seat if the right pilot seat. Because that seat gets to engage the Hyperdrive!

Thanks for the excellent coverage! Love all the videos. Can't get in until after reservation period. Just pulled up the app, Smugglers Run has 30 min line. Looks like reservation system worked really well for that ride.

The ride was probably the least of Disney's worries since it appears to be very high capacity. Savi's workshop & Oga's Cantina will likely have MUCH higher wait times than the ride. Reports are you will not be allowed to line up for the Cantina in the last hour of your reservation, so that's pretty telling...

when Robb said something like "this is Tokyo DisneySea" quality, that's all I need to know .... SOLD

Within the land, the detail is incredible and the sight lines are designed to tune out Disneyland. The audio is even louder by the train to hide the noise from the train passing. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, so I can't truly appreciate every detail since things in the land span the entire Star Wars universe (seen the movies. Not Clone Wars cartoon or any of the comics/novels), but I know it all looked incredible and Star Wars fans will be in heaven.