TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I'm not much of a Marvel fan myself, but I do like Guardians of the Galaxy. However, I'll miss the old TOT, and I'm not super excited about a Marvel-themed land. I'll just stick to Disneyland mostly; that's what I usually do anyway.

I'm not much of a Marvel fan myself, but I do like Guardians of the Galaxy. However, I'll miss the old TOT, and I'm not super excited about a Marvel-themed land. I'll just stick to Disneyland mostly; that's what I usually do anyway.

I for one welcome the change. From what everyone says, the WDW Tower of Terror is far superior. I've seen the on-ride videos, and they make the now-defunct DCA version look like doggie doo.

The DCA/Paris versions were symbolic of the Eisner era: an E-ticket on the cheap.

It's not that it is bad, it is just that they clearly wanted to adapt Florida's ToT without spending any money on the things that make it truly unique.

I'll withhold judgement on this version until we see the final product.

I found the DCA tower to be cheap in comparison to the original. That being said, I'm a fan of rides with haunted/supernatural theming, so I'll always miss it when I visit the park.

Actually, I'm fine with where this has gone, so far.

The original is in WDW and deservedly the best of the bunch.

Paris has the French Version, which is pretty cool in itself.

Sadly, a good part of the original is not there. So it's obviously

a different ride, for everybody, who's ridden WDW's.

Tokyo did a brilliant re-make of the entire tower story, including

it's awesome redo on the outside of it. A classic in another language!

California was the English version of Paris' Version. Which made it

(IMhO) the sort of step-child of The Original.

And needed it's own identity remodel. And so it will come to be...

EDIT: And if they decide to put one in Shanghai... I say, put it in

at the back of Toy Story Land, and theme it to a "Toy Story Hotel"

attraction, and make the drops fun for kids, if possible! For adults too, LOL!

(And make the whole structure, look like it's put together with blocks, legos, timber logs, building kits, etc.)

IMG_2796.JPG.4c09776f45bb7305c90e3369fbfe531d.JPG

In DCA's, Sept.14, 2016. If they allow kids on this one, why not tailor a ToT that's.......fun?

I did enjoy the supernatural twist the ride brought to the park, and also have the utmost faith in WDI to bring us a quality product. If the rumors of expanding a Marvel land into the parking lot behind the tower, this would make the ride the landmark of the new area.

giphy.gif

Sounds like Classic Space Mountain is returning this summer!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/04/classic-space-mountain-returns-to-disneyland-park-this-summer/

Get ready to initiate power transfer in 3…2…1… when the classic Space Mountain returns to Disneyland park June 1! Just days after we mark the 40th anniversary of this Tomorrowland favorite, space travelers will blast off once again for their intergalactic adventure.

A variation of a concept Walt Disney developed in the 1960s, Space Mountain first opened at Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in 1975, and construction on Space Mountain at Disneyland park began soon after. The attraction went on to become a guest favorite, seeing special themed versions such as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Hyperspace Mountain.

You are clear for launch starting June 1 with the return of Space Mountain at Disneyland park!

spm0129381294fi.thumb.jpg.edcaf609c4c6d6fc8202f0490914f6fe.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Thought some of you guys might be interested in this, one of my buddies at Coaster101 has a short review the new edition of the Disneyland Encyclopedia by Chris Strodder, and is giving away a copy (or maybe more than one?). You can enter here:

Have any of you read one of the older editions before? I'm curious to check it out.

Here I was thinking Hyperspace Mountain would be around until Star Wars Land opened.

Not that I'm complaining. I'm so happy to finally get the "classic" Space Mountain back!

I thought so too. I'd guess is that Hyperspace comes back after Halloween around when the new Star Wars is coming out. Maybe they'll go to a regular "Winter" hyperspace and "summer" classic?

I like HSM, but agree it'll be nice to have the classic back.

I like how they refer to a ride modified in 2005 as "classic" now...

Just think, some of the pop music from today could be classics in like 10 years too.

I'm excited to see them putting the ride back to Space Mountain. As others have said, the Star Wars overlay was a cool experience, but the Michael Giacchino sound track is too perfect to not be used.

The DCA/Paris versions were symbolic of the Eisner era: an E-ticket on the cheap.

It's not that it is bad, it is just that they clearly wanted to adapt Florida's ToT without spending any money on the things that make it truly unique.

I'll withhold judgement on this version until we see the final product.

What I like about the "new" ToT in California is that there will be unique versions of the ride at different parks:

1. WDW--classic original

2. DCA--Guardians

3. Paris--"cartoonier" version

4. TDS--Shiriki

Just to be a tad cynical, but it could be a cost savings move too. I am sure there is some kind of royalty paid to Lucasfilm for the imagery and music, depending on how the acquisition was handled. Disney is going to riding how on nostalgia for the summer, between the train, MSEP, and now reverting back to 2005 for Space MT. Hope they take Path of The Jedi out too.