TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I haven't heard anything about a roller coaster in the Marvel land. It could be in the plans and I'm just not aware of it. In any case, it would be a good idea. With just 2 coasters in DCA, they could certainly add another if a coaster is what is needed to tell the story they want to tell. They don't "need" a coaster, but it could certainly be on the table for that area.

^ This photo with the projected overlay of MARVEL, was posted on MiceChat.com (Thank you!) ~ I held onto it just to remind myself what area is possibly being considered for any kind or type of "Marvel Land." etc. But I can see how easily a rock'n'roller clone could fit into this space, if used.

That said...who knows?

MarvelExpansion.jpeg.6b6e7f929dfedef1479140345afd516a.jpeg

A Marvel indoor coaster might fit in nicely, south of the Guardians ToT. But why take out the kids' Bumper Cars?

^ Yes, where that striped umbrella top is. It covers the Tumble Bugs' Bumper cars (Not real name, I forget.)

Looking at the actual "shadow's" dimensions there, that part conveniently fits an indoor coaster's "station/queue".

Or vice versa, and that's the ride/show building's space itself, hmmm? What I see.

Hmm. The focus has been so much on the ToT overlay that not much has been said about the rest of the land. It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. I for one would absolutely welcome another coaster in DCA. I hear good things about the Rock n' Roller Coaster if it does end up being a version of that ride. I'm new to all this, as you know, but I got hit by the Disney Parks bug badly on my WCB trip. They really blew me away with the level of quality all across the board--and that was with many attractions down for construction. I will need to go back here once the SW and Marvel lands are done, for sure. It'll give me a good excuse to do another WCB if there are any more.

^ This photo with the projected overlay of MARVEL, was posted on MiceChat.com (Thank you!) ~ I held onto it just to remind myself what area is possibly being considered for any kind or type of "Marvel Land." etc. But I can see how easily a rock'n'roller clone could fit into this space, if used.

That said...who knows?

I have no info about marvel land; however, the available land over there is not as big as that image suggests. That very large road is used for the resort to move traffic around. And will likely be in use until the new Parking Structure is build. As well, that road is also the Right of Way for the power lines, and Disney may not be able to actually build on that land. Even if they buried the lines, they wont own the land.

As well, the Red Car Trolley Barn is directly to the left of TOT, so that land is not usable either.

Finally, the whole area to the right of the tower is a power sub station, and again, will likely not be moving.

LOL!

Actually, that's not a bad thought. Considering the Tower and the edge of cars land, AND the Power Lines, there's going to be a of of weird/tall barriers. If they just made the whole area indoors, that would solve all the sight line issues and the land would be fully impressive. Just like the Little Mermaid Land in Tokyo Disney SEA.

So what you're saying is Disney will build the entirety of Marvel Land underground...

Sort of related: I have always thought that would be a MUCH better use of the submarine lagoon show building. Plop a new building/facade on top of the giant hole/show building that is already there.

Still brings us back to the point that Disney can't use Marvel in the name of anything, nor use characters in there American parks, until they buy out Universal Orlando's rights to use the characters. And Universal ain't giving that up anytime soon.. A Marvel land will never happen in Disneyland or Disneyworld

Still brings us back to the point that Disney can't use Marvel in the name of anything, nor use characters in there American parks, until they buy out Universal Orlando's rights to use the characters. And Universal ain't giving that up anytime soon.. A Marvel land will never happen in Disneyland or Disneyworld

That only applies East of the Mississippi River (And I believe Japan, too. I could be wrong about that, though). Disneyland can do whatever they please.

I don't believe that is entirely true. I think they are still forbidden from using "Marvel" in any of their theme parks. So whatever they do will be a "super hero" land.

True, as far as I know they cannot use "Marvel". A la, SuperHero HQ. Although, they can use certain Marvel IP's not covered by the contract (like, Gardians of the Galaxy).

^ Maybe an attraction for each "Guardian"?

And call it all...The Galaxy...Land.

And that's at least 4 more attractions, besides the ToT.02!

The Captain gets the Coaster; Raccoon gets a spinner flat ride; Greenie and Hulkie somehow comebine for a Dark Ride; Groot is HUGE, and his base houses the gift shop and snack/meal spot. My Blue Sky try.

skydiver.thumb.jpg.73b9d64d1aec6712941be249cbff14b1.jpg

Or maybe one of these for the Raccoon, there? Totally updated and maybe even higher? (o;

Thank you joyrides.com for the great photo.