TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I think it means it's getting a Guardians of the Galaxy re-theme. Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

I think it means it's getting a Guardians of the Galaxy re-theme.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

Don't like the idea of the re-theme though, Don't think it will match the rest of the area

Disney is most likely using this to create a superhero land expansion to DCA. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing.

I think it means it's getting a Guardians of the Galaxy re-theme.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/guardians-of-the-galaxy-mission-breakout-coming-to-disney-california-adventure-park-summer-2017/

Don't like the idea of the re-theme though, Don't think it will match the rest of the area

Wait, what? You do realize that the retheme was announced a while back, right?

Wait, what? You do realize that the retheme was announced a while back, right?

No I didn't know it. Mainly cause i've had no internet connection for the past 2 months. So it must have slipped through.

So i assume most people like the idea of the re-theme then?

So i assume most people like the idea of the re-theme then?

All the reactions on a recent Facebook post, and by all I mean ALL, are negative. The best one might be this mother that filmed the reaction of her little girl:

[fbvideonew]http://www.facebook.com/abbeydoyle/videos/10206459118388033/

[/fbvideonew]

Link in case this doesn't work: https://www.facebook.com/abbeydoyle/videos/10206459118388033/

So no, people are not happy.

Seriously, its not the end of the world and I am excited for the new version of the ride. The ride will be better for it in the end as well.

My only issues are that the ride is so tall, its seen from most areas of the park, and now it will stick out much more. And, that the street car has a stop there, which will now seem odd. But really these are both kinda meh things to be bothered with anyways, lol.

But really, I have been on every version of this ride at every park that has one. And I think most people can agree this version is the weakest of them all (and Paris' clone). Tokyo and Orlando blow this one away. And, I think after the re-do, the ride will closely resemble the style and level of theming of Tokyo's.

I've been doing a lot of research in preparation for my post-WCB day at Disneyland, but I haven't found the answer to this question so far. If I take the monorail out to the marketplace for lunch, then take the monorail back in, how does that work for re-entry? Do I get a handstamp when getting on the monorail? When getting off? Do I show my ticket to get back in? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

At Disneyland Resort today representing* TPR!!!

Give me a shoutout if you're here too and want to meet up and say hi; I have lots of pins to trade!

Trip report of both parks to follow too! Lots of little changes along with Halloween theming have made the park look completely different (sort-of).

*Not officially representing. Please don't sue me Robb.

I thought I was taking "too many" photos of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, when I was there a few weeks ago.

Turns out I only took three but now, I'm glad I took those three photos!

IMG_2296-E.JPG.d846c9d53c0aa83b2d08a2772ec6039c.JPG

Taken from the Mezzanine Level entry to the Hyperion, where FROZEN is playing. Sept.15,2016.

IMG_2283.JPG.9b87ed82950070912289c1a63d2ad3e5.JPG

The view of it, through Bugs Land. Sept.14, 2016.

IMG_2284.JPG.a73355bf231b6c37efd81201a0ffc6fc.JPG

A bit closer. Sept.14,2016.

Edited by Nrthwnd

ToT is going through what every ride/show closure goes through: everyone only cares about it now that it is leaving.

Reality is that it is a budget version of the original ToT built as a stopgap by Eisner in response to all the criticism DCA faced. Since I don't care about Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm totally indifferent on the overlay. I HOPE that it too is not just a cheap stopgap measure...

Nope. The only reason the sign is being removed is that the ride is being renovated. No need for the sky to fall.

Yeah, They should've taken it down while the ride is under refurb? What's next, we're gonna see Drax pop into the same screen as Rod Serling? The two themes shouldn't clash.

And they wont...

The ride will close soon and THEN be transformed to GotG.

You are lying to yourself if you think anything else. The ride has a closing date, they are simply doing exterior modifications early.

This is nuts and makes not logical sense....

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11