TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I just don't think a theme park show should be 60 minutes long...

I was quite shocked when I saw the video length, I had never seen a video of Aladdin and I only looked it up yesterday after being curious once I saw the length of Frozen.I guess off of my previous experiences in Tokyo and HK I was just expecting the shows to have been something shorter like the length of Lion King at HKDL (so around 30 mins)

60 minute show about frozen > 3 hour plus wait to meet the characters from frozen.

I'm a show man so I guess I have no problem at all sitting thru a 60 minute theme park show. Neither does my feet!

60 minute show about frozen > 3 hour plus wait to meet the characters from frozen.

I'm a show man so I guess I have no problem at all sitting thru a 60 minute theme park show. Neither does my feet!

Same here. I think it looks great!

I'm planning a visit to the park in 3 weeks. Is Radiator Springs Racers still running out of Fastpasses within an hour after park opening like my visit 2 years ago or has that died down a bit?

It still is. But honestly, don't bother. Just use the single rider line. I've never waited longer than 15 minutes and 50% of the time the woman and I end up in the same car together anyway.

I went to the park on Sunday, there were still Fast passes available at 10am for a return time of about 3pm.

Kinda makes me wonder how many groups put people in line for both Frozen and RSR FP's in the morning, keep in contact with each other, then have someone send the entire group's tickets to whoever gets through their line first, and then quickly back to the other line before that person makes it to the machines.

This is why FP+ so very badly needs to come to Disneyland.

After waiting in the Frozen FP line this past Sunday morning, I can say that I don't think anyone is doing that. The frozen lines never stops moving. And it's not a slow walk either, you're really moving. And same with Racers FP, it moves pretty fast as well. I don't think there's time to do what you're suggesting.

Turns out some friends and I are in town for a conference, so we made a late decision to visit Disneyland on Friday! We're not doing DCA, and won't be able to get to the park until 1ish. Any suggestions for how to best tackle the day?

I don't care what we do because I've been there a few times, but the others have never been to the park. Seeing Disneyland Forever is my biggest priority.

^ Hyperspace Mountain. Get a fastpass if they're still available, otherwise go for standby. It's friggin' amazing and really enhances the ride. I love Space Mountain by itself but the Hyperspace overlay is incredible. It's pretty much a completely new ride.

I went to the park on Sunday, there were still Fast passes available at 10am for a return time of about 3pm.

Kinda makes me wonder how many groups put people in line for both Frozen and RSR FP's in the morning, keep in contact with each other, then have someone send the entire group's tickets to whoever gets through their line first, and then quickly back to the other line before that person makes it to the machines.

This is why FP+ so very badly needs to come to Disneyland.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

On my visit in January I held 6 fast passes at once at one point (RSR, Alladin, Hyperspace Mt, Buzz Lightyear, Indiana, and World of Color) and used about 14 over the course of two days for the most popular attractions. I miss regular fastpass in Orlando so so badly. Regular Fastpass is my favorite queue system ever because it's included, you can abuse it well if you know what you're doing (and I'm fine with that!), you don't have to solidify plans multiple days to a month in advance, it makes every attraction accessible without waiting or much commitment, and it keeps all the non-fastpass lines constantly moving. Please Disneyland keep it!

^You just summed up the exact reason I will be thrilled when a version of Fastpas+ comes to the DLR. The park is so insanely crowded, anything to better allow someone actually experience the things they want to without having to know how to game the system will make the experience much better.

I am looking forward to FP+ so I can make the reservations for the attractions before I show up. I think for the locals it will be very convenient to be able to make not just dining reservations in advance, but rides. I like the ability to schedule my day around the attractions, shows, and dining. Probably will help the park with staffing if they know in advance which attractions have the most FP+ attendees coming in that day. Just have to keep that cell phone charged!

Anyone see Frozen? Hoping to get the park soon and brave the weekend summer crowds.

Re: showing up at 1 pm on Friday for a visit. One option to consider is to check out the Aladdin Oasis and inquire about the Paint The Night on the go dining package. I am not sure, but I think that PTN precedes the fireworks (unless I have that reversed), and it would be worth asking if you are kicked out of the reserved area for PTN after the show is over, or if you can stay in the same spot and watch the fireworks.

But generally, break right into the park and get the FP for Hyperspace, and if line is less than an hour, I would say do the standby after getting a FP so you can do it twice that day.

One thing that helps a lot is the Disneyland app, from Disney, that has all the park wait times. I have found it quite handy in managing the time in the park efficiently.

...But generally, break right into the park and get the FP for Hyperspace, and if line is less than an hour, I would say do the standby after getting a FP so you can do it twice that day.

Memorizing this part for my Sept. visit.

Actually, and I only remember those from 1997, are there any other rides

with FP... and the same advice goes? Get the FP first, then ride it if the wait isn't long?

(I suspect Peter Pan will be like this IF I want a second ride.)

Yes! The others I will do this strategy for are Indy, Big Thunder, Star Tours ( odds are you will not see the same exact ride sequence).

In DCA, just Racers and TOT. Screamin has a very fast line, not available on Mania. I usually do the water rides only once per visit weather depending

...But generally, break right into the park and get the FP for Hyperspace, and if line is less than an hour, I would say do the standby after getting a FP so you can do it twice that day.

with FP... and the same advice goes? Get the FP first, then ride it if the wait isn't long?

Honestly I think it's smarter for Hyperspace to do Standby first and then grab a Fastpass after your first ride. When I was last there the Fastpass queue (just to get a Fastpass) was all the way out past the Captain EO theatre and standby was listed at 60 minutes at the park opening but really was a walk straight into the station. Including the forever-long queue the total wait was 5 minutes. By the time we rode and looped back around the Fastpass queue had disappeared and they were giving out Fastpasses for noon-ish, IIRC.

Long story short, standby first thing in the morning, then grab a Fastpass immediately after.

Also, Peter Pan in California doesn't have a Fastpass option. But it's also the weakest ride in Fantasyland, IMO. Go ride Mr. Toad a thousand times.

Honestly I think it's smarter for Hyperspace to do Standby first and then grab a Fastpass after your first ride. When I was last there the Fastpass queue (just to get a Fastpass) was all the way out past the Captain EO theatre and standby was listed at 60 minutes at the park opening but really was a walk straight into the station. Including the forever-long queue the total wait was 5 minutes. By the time we rode and looped back around the Fastpass queue had disappeared and they were giving out Fastpasses for noon-ish, IIRC.

Long story short, standby first thing in the morning, then grab a Fastpass immediately after.

Also, Peter Pan in California doesn't have a Fastpass option. But it's also the weakest ride in Fantasyland, IMO. Go ride Mr. Toad a thousand times.

This advice is your best bet. Standby will be little to no wait, but if you wait in line for a FP you'll have missed your opportunity to get a low wait ride in. The new FX on Peter are cool, but nothing to be wow'd by. I would ride Alice! Those improvements are as sweet as can be.

^ Yes, I've reconsidered my original reaction, and agree to A-Get the ride first, then B-Get the Fast pass.

And "Alice" is definitely on my Must-Ride List! It was really my absolute fave of the dark rides at DL, and

of course, so far, it's the only one around, woo hoo! And I rode it in it's original form, in 1963!

Also the Matterhorn, Autopia, Toad, and everything I haven't been on, since my last visit there in ....1996!

Which is pretty much everything there that's open during my visit, lol.

Edited by Nrthwnd