TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

They just instantly doubled in value...

Never understood why anyone would want "Disney dollars."

I always thought of them as a supplement to the gift of a Disney trip. So a birthday card could contain Disney dollars and say "surprise, you're going to Disney!"

^ Hey, we held onto several of them, though the years!

It's just a matter of saving intriguing souvenirs, through the years.

And the Disney Dollars were part of that.

Continue discussion...

Much like unused gift cards, Disney Dollars that are never spent represent HUGH profits to Disney. It cost penny's to produce a Disney Dollar in any amount, so if people hold on to them as a souvenir than that's good for Disney!

This week's This American Life has a really great story about a woman whose mother was too scared to let her to go Disneyland, so they took their yearly vacations just in the Disneyland Hotel. If you've got half an hour give it a listen, it's a pretty funny story.

Much like unused gift cards, Disney Dollars that are never spent represent HUGH profits to Disney. It cost penny's to produce a Disney Dollar in any amount, so if people hold on to them as a souvenir than that's good for Disney!

Even though they get the money up front, they can't bank it for accounting purposes until it is redeemed. It is a liability until spent.

I always thought of them as a supplement to the gift of a Disney trip. So a birthday card could contain Disney dollars and say "surprise, you're going to Disney!"

That I can see.

Sure, I'd rather just swipe a credit card, but giving a kid $20 in Disney Dollars before a trip to Disneyland is amazing.

They love them.

^ And I just found out, that the person curating the maps in this book...

Vanessa Hunt is a Walt Disney Imagineer and a lifelong Disney aficionado. Her education is in art history, and she is part of the group responsible for the more than 130,000 pieces of original artwork preserved in the Walt Disney Imagineering Art Library. She has been curator of several Imagineering exhibits featuring many of the works from the Art Library collection, and she has consulted for The Walt Disney Family Museum. Vanessa is also the coauthor of the wildly popular Poster Art of the Disney Parks from Disney Editions. She is currently designing a new book featuring the art of Disney Legend Marc Davis, and coauthoring an illustrated volume about the history of the Disney Monorail.

Who directed that and allowed it to be shown to anyone, you can hear the audience get bored not long after it starts. It has the same issues the Lion King has it stops and starts doesn't flow. Of course Ive only seen the video it might work better in person, I highly doubt it.

I don't know if I watched the same video as you two but it was definitely not as bad as you both are saying. For a theme park production, it wasn't bad at all. Hear the audience get bored? Lol I heard the audience laughing, cheering, booing and applauding when the moment called for it. The "silence" during the show is people actually paying attention to what is going on. I wouldn't constitute that as being "bored". The sets, costumes, special effects are all wonderful and the way they told the story was great. Keep in mind, this is a show for kids and adults alike. If anyone goes into this expecting Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserable or Cats should really get a grip on reality and realize you're in a theme park lol. I feel this show is gonna get as great as a reception as Aladdin and will pull more people into DCA. While watching Aladdin, I never heard as much crowd reactions as I just did on this video and when you did here it, it was basically for the genie (and more so after Robin Williams died).

Basically, I think the park did a great thing by replacing Aladdin with this if it had to be replaced by something.

I saw another video different from the one that is posted, and it came across better...I think it's one of things that need to be seen before I make a full choice on weather it's awful or not....