TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

The incorporation of the marvel characters into the resort has been really poor quality and devoid of inspiration so far. This Tower of Terror concept is a sad continuation of that trend.

I'm reserving judgement until we start to see some actual permanent Marvel attractions, will be interesting to see how Iron Man plays out at HKDL even if it's supposed to be just a marvel themed Star Tours ride.

I'm all for a Guardians makeover on one condition:

They figure out a great way to hide the shock of going through an elevator door into the exit hallway into another elevator door.

Shouldn't be hard. Tokyo did it.

I'll withhold judgement until if/when this becomes reality. Given that drop rides produce momentary pops of weightlessness, putting it in space isn't too much of a stretch.

ToT would be awkwardly out of place if the rest of the area becomes Marvel themed (as is the rumor), so I can see why this rumor popped up.

I'm all for a Guardians makeover on one condition:

They figure out a great way to hide the shock of going through an elevator door into the exit hallway into another elevator door.

Shouldn't be hard. Tokyo did it.

Yep--they came up with a smart solution at DisneySea.

I'm reserving judgement until we start to see some actual permanent Marvel attractions, will be interesting to see how Iron Man plays out at HKDL even if it's supposed to be just a marvel themed Star Tours ride.

Speaking of, has anyone heard if the Iron Man Experience will have randomized segments like Star Tours II? If they're using the same technology that should be a no-brainer.

^ I'm fairly certain that the Iron Man ride isn't going to travel from battle to battle like Star Tours 2: The Horrific And Terrible Quest For Jar Jar does. It'll be one main narrative.

Seriously, screw Star Tours 2.

^ I'm fairly certain that the Iron Man ride isn't going to travel from battle to battle like Star Tours 2: The Horrific And Terrible Quest For Jar Jar does. It'll be one main narrative.

I mean more in the sense that each ride has a different combination of events. In one ride the vehicle could follow Stark battling Hydra machines up a tall tower while another ride takes a different turn at the same starting point and transitions into a chase scene underground. Then both segments come to an end at the same location and a new selection of events could occur. With more subtle transitions than Star Tours II it can be made to flow a lot more naturally.

Edited by cookiex

I honestly don't care what TOT is themed after, as long as it's good! TDS has the best version, and it's not the Twilight Zone. As for how it could fit into the movie, I was thinking the lobby could be like the collectors place. As for the drop, that's easy, remember the gravity thing in the prison?

*eating dinner with my family*

Sister: This one boy in my math class, who went to Disneyland on Monday with the school band class, apparently pulled out a selfie stick while riding California Screamin and had the whole ride stopped.

Me:

Kevin-Hart-The-Hell.jpg

After further digging, I found out that everyone in the school seemed really amused by it. Kinda interesting considering how dangerous it was, but that's middle school for you.

Abandoning all hope of it ever making any sort of chronological sense lessens the stress. Its predecessor had a similar flaw.

I don't care one bit about chronology. I just hate the ride. The original Star Tours was fun and violent ( simulator pulled no punches). The update is slow, boring, uninteresting, and soft.

Abandoning all hope of it ever making any sort of chronological sense lessens the stress. Its predecessor had a similar flaw.

I don't care one bit about chronology. I just hate the ride. The original Star Tours was fun and violent ( simulator pulled no punches). The update is slow, boring, uninteresting, and soft.

as

I went to DLP in December where I got to ride the OG Star Tours and yes, the ride is much more violent. However, I wouldn't call this a good thing, because it makes the ride rougher. The new version has much more realistic movements.

I should be visiting the resort this Thursday and Friday. I need to drown myself in a churro funnel cake, and other deliciousness before I start training again. If you see someone putting themselves into a diabetic coma, stop by and say hi while I still have all my limbs.

^Churro yes, though a extremely (small) version for $4.00+ dollars, as compared to the ((JUMBO)) Costco version for about a buck.

As for funnel cake, you need to head over to Knott's or Six Flags, because Disney has yet to offer this Awesome treat.