TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I'm hoping somebody gets a night video of it running.

It was also funny, watching the video again, and noting how many gp

were trying to take photos, then getting f-ed up by a sudden "dance move."

I'm hoping somebody gets a night video of it running.

It was also funny, watching the video again, and noting how many gp

were trying to take photos, then getting f-ed up by a sudden "dance move."

I'm probably heading to the parks tomorrow evening so I may try to get some footage. Depends on the timing.

I guess I was one of the few that really enjoyed Luigi's Flying Tires and rarely had problems navigating with the ride vehicles. That being said, I really loved Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea, so I'm certainly not going to complain about a trackless ride making its way to Disneyland...

And I don't think anyone should worry that the arrival of Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters would prevent Disneyland from getting another trackless ride. Based on the footage shown during the Disneyland 60th Anniversary Special, it looks to be likely that the ride system is something in line with the trackless vehicles used on Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.

I guess I was one of the few that really enjoyed Luigi's Flying Tires and rarely had problems navigating with the ride vehicles. That being said, I really loved Aquatopia at Tokyo DisneySea, so I'm certainly not going to complain about a trackless ride making its way to Disneyland...

And I don't think anyone should worry that the arrival of Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters would prevent Disneyland from getting another trackless ride. Based on the footage shown during the Disneyland 60th Anniversary Special, it looks to be likely that the ride system is something in line with the trackless vehicles used on Ratatouille: L’Aventure Totalement Toquée de Rémy at Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris.

What ride? I'm assuming you mean the escape ride, not the Millennium Falcon ride? I wonder how fast their trackless ride vehicles can go, assuming the ride is intended to be thrilling.

^^I'm referring to the ride in which guests are put in the middle of a battle between the First Order and the Resistance. Based on the pre-viz footage shown during the special, many have deduced that this is an evolution of Disney's trackless ride technology being used for this attraction.

^ The motion thing is only as an option, depending on the attraction experience.

I felt they did pretty good, considering they were dealing with a lot of screens and films

for this first type/kind of trackless attraction of theirs, capitalizing on such technology.

Just one of many to come from Disney. (Hoping to see Two Level Trackless in my time.)

http://www.latimes.com/travel/themeparks/la-trb-luigi-rollickin-roadsters-disney-california-adventure-20160302-story.html

( ^ This is the Times' Review of Roadsters ^ )

Luigi-rollickin-roadsters-disney-califo-003.jpg.212f4d46ebb5d1ff63aeacc1a4751f65.jpg

Just found a pic of the Rollikin' Roadsters in a very positive Los Angeles Times review of the attraction.

This pic shows a bit of the undercarriage that's moving all of Luigi's cousins around. (o;

^ That's the tail end of spring break. AKA all the locals will be getting their ya-ya's out before trudging back to school the next day. I'd say you're screwed.

Damn! I though spring break was over the weekend of April 1st... Oh well I just have to be smart with the fast passes.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Any chance that the opening of Harry Potter World up the road might take away some of the crowds?

Disney has made no announce of any 24 hour party.

I dread how crazy the event will be if they do it this year with all those supplemental attractions down for construction. That has to reduce the theoretical park capacity by at least a couple thousand. Which means more angry AP's. It will be another fun night of reading tweets!

Disney has made no announce of any 24 hour party.

I dread how crazy the event will be if they do it this year with all those supplemental attractions down for construction. That has to reduce the theoretical park capacity by at least a couple thousand. Which means more angry AP's. It will be another fun night of reading tweets!

Well since they raised their Top tier pass to $1000, It probably solved the problem. Why they kept the month-to-month plan and Walt Disney World removed theirs is odd from what I've heard.

• 5 weeks later...