TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

^ No alcohol has ever been served in Disneyland. At DCA, though, that's a different story.

Dude. Take a freakin' joke. F**k, some of you can be so annoying!

I took the joke. I'm aware he was shilling hard for Budweiser after the game. You, however, need to calm your tits, because you took a statement of fact as a personal attack.

^ No alcohol has ever been served in Disneyland. At DCA, though, that's a different story.

Dude. Take a freakin' joke. F**k, some of you can be so annoying!

I took the joke. I'm aware he was shilling hard for Budweiser after the game. You, however, need to calm your tits, because you took a statement of fact as a personal attack.

No sense in anyone flying off the handle, please. Thank you.

Look whats coming back!

Disney Parks Blog

Attention foodies! I’m excited to tell you that Disney California Adventure park will soon be filled with even more fabulous food and an awakening of the senses when the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival begins April 1.

CFWlogo568923.jpg.a4d3f7bcdd46473aa3b7c5440700215d.jpg

This month-long festival, taking place during weekends in April, will celebrate some of the best of delicious California cuisine. A distinguishing feature will be new Festival Marketplaces, where guests can sip and savor delicious flavors from throughout the state of California. The Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival will also include culinary demonstrations, appearances by celebrity chefs and informative seminars.

We’ll have more information to share soon, including how you can reserve your seat at the premium experiences taking place during the festival. Mark your calendar now for the Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival, weekends beginning April 1 at Disney California Adventure park.

This obviously will pale in comparison to th event at EPCOT, but I am very excited to have this event back on the West Coast!

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

I wasn't impressed with it last time it ran in CA. It felt more like "uhh...we need to use all these empty food venues somehow. Lets add a few things to the menu, create some pricey special events, and call it our version of food and wine."

I really hope this time around it can be a park wide thing...there's definitely lots of potential with DCA 2.0 to have food offerings that match all the sections.

I do feel like it wasn't promoted that well before, but Disney also already knew they were remaking DCA when they started it last time, so that could be why it didnt get pushed toward a larger event. So, with this go around, I'd guess it will probably resemble what EPCOT does, as far as its intent and execution, just not the same scale. So, I have high hopes this time!

It's funny to me that this was announced today...literally just yesterday I was thinking about Epcot's Food & Wine, and it made me remember DCA's version, and I started thinking how it would be great for them to bring it back, especially given that other SoCal parks have similar events (Knott's with the Boysenberry Festival and SeaWorld San Diego with the Seven Seas Food Festival). So it was a huge coincidence that Disney had been planning its return and announced it! Really excited for this!

The DCA refurb's been done for a few years, but they've waited until now to bring this back. That tells me they've most likely done a great deal of evaluating how to use the post-refurb DCA. Wouldn't surprise me to see a pretty different-looking event, though I'd imagine places like stage 17 and 19 being used for this like they used to be.

We got a One-Two punch of announcements!

Disney Parks Blog

TP.jpg.f319708db697b6d46966b95d995b73d6.jpg

For the past few years, Disneyland Resort guests have enjoyed all the splendiferous wonders of the Mad T Party, from the White Rabbit’s mega mix of muchness to the most amazing and talented band this side of Wonderland.

Today, we want to let you know that Mad T Party will be serving up its final cup of curiosities at Disney California Adventure park on March 30, 2016. So all of you Mad fans out there will want to make plans to join Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum for one last spot of T. The Rabbit Hole will be open on weekends through March 13 and nightly March 18-30.

I am happy to see this finally leaving!!

They'll just bring back elecTRONica now...

Seriously though, this might be another reflection that their passholder pricing is working: they no longer need this event (very much catered to AP's who show up after work/school) to drive attendance and food/booze sales...

Edited by Jew

Seriously though, this might be another reflection that their passholder pricing is working: they no longer need this event (very much catered to AP's who show up after work/school) to drive attendance and food/booze sales...

Working as in less AP's are showing up at night? Or AP's don't need this distraction to lure them in and spend money?

I feel as if Disney won't leave that extra revenue from food and drinks on the table and we'll see another variation of the event soon. Especially with Frozen coming this summer right next door, Hollywoodland will be more of a draw than it has been in the last few years. Frozen Fun II: REDUX anyone?!?

^ They got rid of the locals pricing in an effort to drive down attendance numbers. The parks were becoming zoos and non-locals were getting burned by extremely crowded parks. By making every AP the same price they're managing to drive away the crowds of locals who are abusing access the parks without spending much money while also creating a much better experience for those who are spending their vacation there and are more likely to spend money.

Mad T Party was a way to get those locals to spend money by buying booze. Now that they're no longer such an issue they can focus more on the people visiting the parks who are already spending money, if that makes any sense.

I liked elecTRONica, then it got stale. Then came along Mad-Tea Party, it also got stale (same songs every time). They got rid of it for the Frozen-fail, then Mad-Tea came back with some newer songs, then it got stale again. Seeing a pattern? I'm pretty sure once Food and Wine ends on May 1st, they will bring back Mad-Tea Party in time for the new Alice In Wonderland movie.

I place Mad T Party is the same tier as the Princess Fantasy Faire, Captain EO, the Frozen thing that took over Muppets for a while, Pixie Hallow, and the weird princess place in between the castle and Frontierland. I have named this tier the "I don't give a crap" tier, because I honestly don't give a crap about any of these attractions. They are all worthless and meaningless. I could care less about any of them being removed.

We were at the park when they were filming some of the musical guests. They performed after the park closed but they had the stages set up on certain days. I'm sure we are somewhere in the show for some of the day footage because they had a ton of helicopters flying over the park the whole week we were there and I bet that some of that footage will be in the show.

Jimmy "Now I have to find my Mickey ears in the footage" Bo

I watched the special, just for the theme park info. Very little new info, they showed the concept art that has been floating around for a bit. They did show what looked like a concept rendering for a SW boat ride, as rumored before. The Mil. Falcone attraction really does sound like Mission Space. Maybe Space crossed with TSMM, where you keep score?

The only real new thing to me was the confirmation of an "upscale" dining experience. So a price point like Carthay or Blue Bayou I would assume.

No target opening year announced.