TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I kind of wonder if it wasn't the stand by line that had the 120 min wait, not fastpass.

I think you're right.

No, this was confirmed by someone I know with a fast pass, waiting in line at that time.

Again though, we all know this is not the norm. If there was any type of significant FP line, no matter the wait, its cause the ride broke down.

Another poster just posted he waited 40 minutes. Better than the 130 min standby line posted when he exited, but still certainly pretty high for fastpass.

Goes back again to what I said...the park as currently constructed is not designed for fastpass and the crowds they are receiving. I REALLY hope major infrastructure overhauls are in the works as part of Star Wars land...

^That was my biggest issue with Disneyland during my last visit. Even on a September Monday, the place was mobbed and tough to get around in. DCA was busy, too, but seemed more "relaxed."

Yes, downtime caused the crazy fastpass times on Saturday. I know this because I was given a readmission pass (issued from Space) by someone who was leaving the park and giving it away. Every readmission pass is for up to 6 people...

This does happen every so often and it annoys me when people complain about it. I've seen Space Mountain down a good portion of the day, and when it comes back up standby will be two hours and FP will be 30-40 minutes. My feeling is "well, first of all you should be happy that it re-opened and whatever problem it was having didn't mean it was down for the whole day, and at least you have a FP so your wait it line is still less then half of the stand-by, so QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!!!"

But most idiot people don't see things this way...

Edited by robbalvey

^This. I love when people complain because the FastPass for Racers is 40 minutes. Would you rather wait in a 40 minutes FastPass or 150 minute standby?!?

Probably the same a$$hats that complained that Revolution was closed for WCB.

Yes, downtime caused the crazy fastpass times on Saturday. I know this because I was given a readmission pass (issued from Space) by someone who was leaving the park and giving it away. Every readmission pass is for up to 6 people...

This does happen every so often and it annoys me when people complain about it. I've seen Space Mountain down a good portion of the day, and when it comes back up standby will be two hours and FP will be 30-40 minutes. My feeling is "well, first of all you should be happy that it re-opened and whatever problem it was having didn't mean it was down for the whole day, and at least you have a FP so your wait it line is still less then half of the stand-by, so QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!!!"

Hahahaha, this!!!!

Exactly! Having worked a DL attraction with Fastpass (Splash), it was frustrating having to explain to guests that the purpose of Fastpass is simply to reduce your wait in line (which is how Disney phrases it to guests in publications, online, etc). No where in any of Disney's material does it say that a Fastpass is an automatic "skip the line" pass. Yes, I get that it sucks to still wait 30+ minutes even with a FP, but it's WAY better than waiting standby! And as long as you got on the ride in a shorter amount of time than what you would have waited in the standby line, then the FP still served its intended purpose!

Exactly! Having worked a DL attraction with Fastpass (Splash), it was frustrating having to explain to guests that the purpose of Fastpass is simply to reduce your wait in line (which is how Disney phrases it to guests in publications, online, etc). No where in any of Disney's material does it say that a Fastpass is an automatic "skip the line" pass. Yes, I get that it sucks to still wait 30+ minutes even with a FP, but it's WAY better than waiting standby! And as long as you got on the ride in a shorter amount of time than what you would have waited in the standby line, then the FP still served its intended purpose!

Space Mountain is still worth a 40 minute wait. I agree Fastpass is doing its purpose, but I think people feel like that little piece of paper is an entitlement to ride right away.

Space Mountain is still worth a 40 minute wait. I agree Fastpass is doing its purpose, but I think people feel like that little piece of paper is an entitlement to ride right away.

Of course, if most SoCal people didn't live their lives with an obnoxious entitlement mentality, maybe this wouldn't be that much of a problem.

Also I had some random questions about Disneyland. I haven't been there since 1999.

I heard the Rocket Rods are gone. Is the track still there? Was the Rocket Rods track the same as the Peoplemover track?

Do they still do the Electrical Parade?

What's the best store in the park to get some affordable souvenirs?

Are there any must-have foods (snacks/meals or drinks) I should get?

Also I had some random questions about Disneyland. I haven't been there since 1999.

I heard the Rocket Rods are gone. Is the track still there? Was the Rocket Rods track the same as the Peoplemover track?

Do they still do the Electrical Parade?

What's the best store in the park to get some affordable souvenirs?

Are there any must-have foods (snacks/meals or drinks) I should get?

Track is still there, and it was the same track as People Mover.

They have a new Night Time Parade called Paint the Night, Its not the same parade or even the same idea, its totally new!! But has lots of references to the old parade and is a ton of fun. Carthay is AMAZING, as is Napa Rose. They are So Cal and Nor Cal themes sister restaurants.

Main St Emporium is the largest in Disneyland. But, they have stuff scattered all over the park. There is no single store that carries ALL the merch. So if you see something you like and can afford, buy it there.

They recently went through the resort and updated most of the food. Its all very good everywhere. There are Star wars themed food that are offered for a limited time.

Edited by COASTER FREAK 11

Rocket Rods was plagued with issues and is now defunct. The track which is the same as the People Mover track is still there, sitting unused.

Electrical Parade is at Magic Kingdom in Disney World. Disneyland has the Paint The Night parade which I highly recommend making time to see.

Define "affordable."

My personal favorite restaurant in the resort is the Carthay Circle Restuarant. Expect to pay $30-$50/person but the food is excellent.

Thanks for the answers

When it comes to souvenirs, I'm looking for fridge magnets, keychains, picture frames, cups/mugs. Stuff like that. Nothing crazy.

Also, I'm down to pay good money for good food. I know one of those Mickey Mouse ice creams are on my "must-have" list.

Though the crowds may be scary, I think will still enjoy my time there.

Thanks for the answers

When it comes to souvenirs, I'm looking for fridge magnets, keychains, picture frames, cups/mugs. Stuff like that. Nothing crazy.

Also, I'm down to pay good money for good food. I know one of those Mickey Mouse ice creams are on my "must-have" list.

Though the crowds may be scary, I think will still enjoy my time there.

For stuff like that, the Main St Emporium with have park themed stuff. The ride and land gift shops will have items themed to the area you're buying in. They have some really awesome 60th anniversary merch too on all the items you listed. And to combine your love of food and magnets....they sell a Mickey Ice Cream Bar Fridge Magnet!I highly suggest this item

Disney-Snack-Magnets-Mickey-Bar-1.thumb.jpg.d725f3f1eaa26e3786213ec756683353.jpg

Starbucks also sells Park Specific mugs! You have to visit each park to get each mug though.

you can make reservation for any sit down restaurant withing the parks and hotels (Downtown Disney is separate) and you WILL need a reservation to eat. Id go and make them immediately, they will book up.