TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I see the Disney fans are all out in force about "Frozen taking over everywhere". How much Frozen stuff is there at DL? Is it getting as dominant as some people are claiming? I don't feel it's taking over WDW to the extent that some of the Disney fans are claiming. Okay, so you have Frozen Fun which is quite big, but that is only a seasonal event.

Edited by viking86

There is currently:

For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration (Stage Show)

Anna & Elsa's Royal Welcome (Meet and Greet)

Wandering Oaken's Trading Post (Shop)

Meet Olaf in Hollywood Land (Meet and Greet)

Fantasy Faire Story of Frozen (Small Stage Show)

And its featured in all three shows that were rolled out for the 60th anniversary.

World of Color (segment), Paint the Night (Float), and Disneyland Forever (segment)

Really though, the ONLY intrusive things that are visibly Frozen themed are the Sing along stage show, and Wandering Oaken's Trading Post. Everything else is small and doesn't impact the guests.

And it would make sense that the Sing Along will go away once this larger show opens.

Frozen is found on merchandise, parades, balloons, fireworks, etc. throughout both parks, which can be rather irritating.

It is quite sad that Aladdin is leaving, though it is understandable why it is leaving due to the very long life of the show as well as Aladdin being a Disney cash cow that is long gone from the general public's mind.

Frozen is found on merchandise, parades, balloons, fireworks, etc. throughout both parks, which can be rather irritating.

It is quite sad that Aladdin is leaving, though it is understandable why it is leaving due to the very long life of the show as well as Aladdin being a Disney cash cow that is long gone from the general public's mind.

I wouldn't say it's gone from the GP's mind. Not that everything is coordinated, but Aladdin is being released from the Disney Vault in October. I believe it's the first time the movie will be on Blu-Ray.

If having themed merchandise, parades, balloons, etc from a hugely successful feature film is irritating to you, then I'm not sure Disney Parks are a good fit for you

If having themed merchandise, parades, balloons, etc from a hugely successful feature film is irritating to you, then I'm not sure Disney Parks are a good fit for you

Sort of funny how nobody complains about these 20+ year old animated movies' presence, but they will complain about Frozen that's barely 2 years old and after it's become the most successful animated film in history. Of course its being added to every show. Do people not notice all the other movies that are almost always part of every new show that's been made for the past 20-30 years?

Frozen is simply taking its place amongst the Snow White's, Pinocchio's, Aladdin's, Lion King's etc of Disney lore. They'll get used it same as they've gotten used to the others.

Frozen is simply taking its place amongst the Snow White's, Pinocchio's, Aladdin's, Lion King's etc of Disney lore. They'll get used it same as they've gotten used to the others.

I doubt those other movies were shoved down your throat as much as Frozen's presence at the parks. I'm completely fine with Frozen being in the parks, like the other Disney movies such as Lion King and Snow White, but I don't want to be suffocated by Frozen poo poo when I visit the parks.

Edited by Quetzal

I doubt those other movies were shoved down your throat as much as Frozen's presence at the parks. I'm completely fine with Frozen being in the parks, like the other Disney movies such as Lion King and Snow White, but I don't want to be suffocated by Frozen s**t when I visit the parks.

Funny you should mention Lion King because in the mid 90s when the movie came out there was an entire parade dedicated to the movie!

It's corporate synergy, a concept that Michael Eisner perfected in the 90s. It's smart business, makes them money, and most of Disney's core demographic eats it up.

For all of you that hate Frozen, just be glad that it doesn't have it's own parade.

Just glanced looked through the announcement to see how amazing this project is going to be!!! Then I saw this...

I'll start salivating in four years when they are one year away from opening But seriously, looks fantastic!

Boy that's true. Disney projects take so long to complete half the time I forget they are even building something new... Then again, it is always well worth the wait!

Was out at Disneyland last Friday which also happened to be the opening day for their Halloween attractions! Haunted Mansion Holiday is by far my favorite thing at Disneyland. Did the best I could to capture video of the ride, and you can even watch this in 4K on the YouTube website or by streaming it through a 4K TV! Enjoy...

I love Haunted Mansion Holiday!

I know I'm probably in the minority, but I wish it was permanent! I think it is much better than the regular Haunted Mansion.

I actually feel the same way. I like the original Mansion, but I'm a huge Nightmare fan so I prefer this version!

Frozen might be overkill, but if you are going to make kids sit through a 30-40 minute abridged broadway show, you might as well make it one that kids will actually WANT to sit still for that long for. And kids still love Frozen.

(I aways thought the Aladdin show sucked anyways)

I have no problem with the park adding a Frozen show. Not just because I am personally a fan of the property, but because it makes sense for their audience. I don't care how many "Frozen haters" there are, all you have to do is look at how many girls STILL come dressed to the parks each day as Anna & Elsa and see how much the film has resonated with so many people, and it came out two years ago.

To give you an idea, I have put up 25 videos on our YouTube channel in the last month. A Frozen video is the 4th highest viewed in that time. A Frozen video is also our 2nd most highest viewed video on our channel out of over 1,500 theme park videos.

If I put up an Aladdin themed video and a Frozen themed video tomorrow, I can place bets on which one would do significantly better. And it's smart that the parks are going for what is a "draw" at the moment. I highly doubt there is a single kid saying to his parents "Hey, we need to make a visit to Disneyland to see that Aladdin show", but I guarantee kids will ask to go see the new one, and park tickets will be sold specifically based on that show. And don't get me wrong, I'm also personally a fan of Aladdin and as someone who worked at the company at the time that movie came out and has ties to the actual production of the film, I'm sad to see it go, but I also fully welcome Anna & Elsa to the stage.

I get that some people are sick of it and hate it. But you're also not the target market for this.

Edited by robbalvey