TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

The Disney Parks Blog has a new video showing off the new 60th Merch! There are several items that I know I will be buying. What are you guys going to get?

We only have a few months to go before the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins. Is everyone as excited as I am? It was so tough to decide what to show you for a first look. So, I thought I would take you behind the scenes, into our Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration showroom, where you can see for yourselves some of the amazing items headed your way this May at the Disneyland Resort.

There’s so much more to see, so keep watching the Disney Parks Blog for Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration merchandise updates. And join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60.

What items made your list for the big celebration?

They just keep putting more pieces on! I'm quite interested to see the final product.

Just a thought, but I wonder how this effects the snow facade that they usually put over the castle? Perhaps they won't do that this year or they have new molds to fit over the 60th facade that's on top of the real castle roofs.

My guess, is that there wont be any snow on the castle this year. The firework show "Remember" ran through Christmas the first year it played and there was simply no Christmas Fireworks that year. As the show ages, they will eventually bring back the other rotating shows. So I'd guess all these will be retired for at least one season if not longer: Summer - Magical, Halloween - Halloween Screams, and Christmas - Believe in Holiday Magic. With Halloween being the only caveat, they might still run that for the Halloween Private Parties.

The Disney Parks Blog has an announcement about a Tomorrowland Sneak Peek! Take a look.

Exclusive Sneak Peek of Disney’s ‘Tomorrowland’ Coming to Disney Parks in April

posted on March 26th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

What if there was a place … a secret place where nothing is impossible?

You wanna go? Well, soon you can, when Disney’s riveting mystery adventure “Tomorrowland” makes its debut in theaters. In the meantime, visitors to Tomorrowland at the Disneyland Resort and Epcot at Walt Disney World Resort can catch an exclusive preview of scenes from the movie.

tomorrowland54fa25d19980e.thumb.jpg.306a8892f3ec1dc95a9c4e147414540c.jpg

For a limited time, a sneak peek of “Tomorrowland” will be presented with special in-theater effects at the Imagination Pavilion theater at Epcot and the Tomorrowland Theater at Disneyland park.

Directed by Oscar® winner Brad Bird and starring Academy Award® winner George Clooney, “Tomorrowland” tells the story of a jaded scientist and an optimistic teen who embark on a danger-filled mission to unearth the secrets of an enigmatic place somewhere in time and space. “Tomorrowland” features a screenplay by “Lost” writer and co-creator Damon Lindelof and Brad Bird, from a story by Lindelof & Bird & Jeff Jensen.

The Disney Parks-exclusive “Tomorrowland” sneak peek begins in mid-April at Epcot and Disneyland park. With every second that ticks by, the future is running out, so be sure to take advantage of this special opportunity before “Tomorrowland” opens in theaters on May 22, 2015.

Looks very classy and elegant. But what are those glass covers on the tops of the towers closest to the center?

They are a clear plastic cover, and the turret inside is solid mirror panels.

I was at the park over the weekend and I have to say that in person, the castle looks stunning. Granted, the overall design is not for everyone, but I don't think it looks tacky at all. Also, walking down Main St. and seeing that thing shine and glimmer off in the distance is really fun and cool. I was wearing sun glasses, and I could see it great! But wow does it really shine without them! It wasn't blinding really either.

They "glass covers" represent diamonds.

[...] the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration marking the resort’s 60th anniversary, will begin Friday, May 22.

As part of the celebration, the iconic Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland park and Carthay Circle Theatre in Disney California Adventure park will glisten and gleam, each with its own diamond medallion featuring the letter “D.” The entire resort will sparkle with Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration décor and festive banners in shades of Disneyland blue. Also bearing the diamond anniversary theme, creative merchandise and food items will be designed to complement the celebration. We’ll have more to share on those special items soon.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/disneyland-resort-diamond-celebration-to-begin-may-22-will-feature-sparkling-decor-and-more/

asdnmd654321Large.thumb.jpg.72a27114476ca459a877270a7690a96a.jpg

dsajkl654322Large.jpg.a3381a4e3f01e19327e458cb020896ca.jpg

The Disney Parks Blog has a special behind the scenes video about the castle make over:

Sleeping Beauty Castle in Disneyland park now dazzles in diamonds, part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration officially kicking off on Friday, May 22. A few months ago, we went behind the scenes for a glimpse at what it took to create this sparkling look with Imagineer David Caranci. In the video below, we visit the warehouse where a talented team of artisans molded, shaped, painted and placed each diamond by hand.

Keep an eye on the Disney Parks Blog for more on the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60.

California Screamin' was one of approximately 4 coasters I rode out west that even had a touch of airtime, so finding out it used to have more really gets me upset. Some more airtime would have kept me from falling asleep on that neverending coaster.

The Disnye Parks Blog has an update on the reimagined rides coming to Disneyland this year!

Bringing New Magic to Matterhorn Bobsleds and Peter Pan’s Flight at Disneyland Park

posted on April 9th, 2015 by Erin Glover, Social Media Director, Disneyland Resort

Here at Disney Parks, we’re always looking for new and innovative ways to enhance our storytelling. For example, updating beloved classics allows us to – if I may quote Walt Disney – “keep molding and shaping” the guest experience. As we look forward to celebrating the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, we also have exciting changes coming to two of our classic attractions this spring.

MAS101420.jpg.8e468ba750d3d9e13432a9b80b05e83f.jpg

First, a Disneyland park favorite is about to get even better as new effects are being added to Matterhorn Bobsleds. Just wait until you see the Abominable Snowman in ways you’ve never seen him before when the attraction reopens in May!

PPF101420.thumb.jpg.ccc10043ff69d91b0d309d503b28f80c.jpg

Also reopening in May is Peter Pan’s Flight, featuring a reimagined nursery scene and a variety of special effects that will make this classic and beloved attraction come to life in new ways.

We’re always looking for ways to add new magic to our Disneyland Resort attractions, and of course we’ll continue to share the details with you here on the Disney Parks Blog.