TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I won't miss the ride much. With that said, I must be among the minority that usually got a pretty good ride experience on it. I'm glad to say that I was able to ride it, unlike the long-defunct flying saucers.

I also had a pretty good experience when I rode it back in November. I'm glad I got to ride it because it was very unique but I was expecting it to be on the way out soon. Hopefully this does end up being a dry version of Aquatopia, if it is than I may have to get back out to DCA.

Does anyone know if there are any documentaries or construction photos of the ride? It would be interesting to see what is under the floor.

Guys There is a trail adjacent to Luigis that could be used. It is the trail that connects bugs land to Cars land. I hardly ever see anyone use it plus it would triple the area of the ride.

I don't see this being used for the new ride...if it were eliminated completely, it would be a pain getting from Bugs Land into Cars Land- you'd have to walk all the way through Bugs Land to enter Cars Land through the main street of the land! Plus that path is also used by Cast Members to gain access backstage (and where Mater, Lightning McQueen, and Red enter/exit backstage). It's not like backstage entryways can't be adjusted or relocated, but I don't see this happening here, at least not right now.

I'm excited to see what it ends up being. I didn't mind Luigi's, and could control it pretty well, but the cycle times were way too low.

Unloading & loading was kind of a problem that I recall when visiting. I will give Flying Saucers credit for having more than one ride platform. At least Luigi's indoor queue was nice.

Guys There is a trail adjacent to Luigis that could be used. It is the trail that connects bugs land to Cars land. I hardly ever see anyone use it plus it would triple the area of the ride.

I don't see this being used for the new ride...if it were eliminated completely, it would be a pain getting from Bugs Land into Cars Land- you'd have to walk all the way through Bugs Land to enter Cars Land through the main street of the land! Plus that path is also used by Cast Members to gain access backstage (and where Mater, Lightning McQueen, and Red enter/exit backstage). It's not like backstage entryways can't be adjusted or relocated, but I don't see this happening here, at least not right now.

The path that connects bugs land and Cars Land will not be removed what so ever. If they choose to expand the footprint of the new ride they will us the space on the other sides of the ride. Take a look at the open space on Google. It's pretty clear if they choose to expand the ride, the directions they will go.

All those grey boxes behind the ride are the fans that blow the air through the ducts and under the platform. I do not know if they are being removed.

Thanks for the help with the park hopper question. We decided to go for them. Anyone have a guess on how crowded the parks will be on Thursday March 5th and Friday the 6th?

According to Touringplans.com the 5th is 3/10 for DL and 4/10 for DCA and the 6th is 5/10 for DL and 6/10 for DCA. I am not sure exactly what that means since I have not been to the parks yet, but as I understand it that means it is pretty quiet for the 5th and not really busy for the 6th.

I am a bit upset about Luigi's Flying Tires now. We are going to be at the parks for the first time ever in a about a week and a half. The first time I saw Flying Tires I thought it was a bit ho-hum, but then I saw the TPR video of it on YouTube and realised what it takes to make it work. I was really looking forward to it after that.

I also knew we were choosing a time of year were ride closures were likely, but both Splash Mountain and the Matterhorn Bobsleds are closed at DL as well as Grizzly River Run at DCA. I am wondering if I should have bought a 4-day pass now.

Nice link to the google map. Love it. I could see the fans being used in some fashion for the new ride, if anything, just for environmental effects.

Re: the map on google. That parking lot behind Carsland is the rumored expansion area for a Marvel attraction is it not? With so much Marvel movies news recently, if they could manage to build a Marvel land by the time Spider-Man joins the MCU, that would be great timing. Hope D23 this year goes into a bit of detail about park expansion plans.

Also, It is true that the Flying Tires was a $100 million attraction? That seems incredibly high.

You are correct that the area next to cars land is rumored to be where a Marvel land might go.

As for the costs associated with the tires. Disney has never released the individual costs associated with Cars Land. That being said, I just cant see this ride costing that much. Mermaid was estimated at $100 million after everything. I just cant believe that Luigi's cost anything close to $100 million and I believe that number is inflated.

Unless they completely wasted a crap load of money, trying to reinvent the wheel here, I dint think much was put into R&D for two main reasons.

1 - If they had spent a ton on R&D we would have gotten a different or better ride to start with.

2 - This is simple. Its so simple there are 6th grade science fair projects that do the same thing. This isn't a new concept at all. And like DJeXeL said, the system was already created in the 60's.

So unless they were purposefully spending tons money to reinvent the wheel, I don't see this costing anything close to $100 million.

Unless they completely wasted a crap load of money, trying to reinvent the wheel here, I dint think much was put into R&D for two main reasons.

1 - If they had spent a ton on R&D we would have gotten a different or better ride to start with.

2 - This is simple. Its so simple there are 6th grade science fair projects that do the same thing. This isn't a new concept at all. And like DJeXeL said, the system was already created in the 60's.

So unless they were purposefully spending tons money to reinvent the wheel, I don't see this costing anything close to $100 million.

It's WDI. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they did spend so much money trying to reinvent the wheel.

So, this was rather unexpected. I figured Freeze the night would run through the 60th.

Disney Parks Blog

Mad T Party Returns to Disney California Adventure Park as Part of Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration Beginning May 22

posted on February 13th, 2015 by Shawn Slater, Communications Manager, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Creative Entertainment

Big news coming out of the Rabbit Hole today … Mad T Party is returning to Disney California Adventure park! When the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration begins May 22, Mad T Party will makes its return – and this time, it will be a new, dazzling experience, marking the 60th anniversary of the Disneyland Resort in its own splendiferous way.

T.jpg.ac9205fc221171c9056c4cc1c8017789.jpg

Mad T Party joins other sparkling nighttime entertainment coming as part of the Disneyland Resort Diamond Celebration, including “Paint the Night” parade, “Disneyland Forever” fireworks and “World of Color – Celebrate!” Keep up with the latest news on the celebration here on the Disney Parks Blog, and join the conversation with the hashtag #Disneyland60.

We’ll see you when the Rabbit Hole opens once again on May 22!