TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

It does seem it will be trackless in some fashion. Because the existing attraction wont be removed yet. They could not remove the existing ride and then replace it within the time frame they are suggesting. As well, if they were to actually remove the existing ride, they could not depreciate it and would lose tax write-offs (as they do for every ride). So it seems this ride will be installed within the existing ride.

I'm sure they could find some sort of tax loophole. For example, when Paul Allen bought the Clippers, it was reported a few days later that he could get "goodwill" written off (the difference between what he paid and what the team is actually worth in assets).

I was at the park last Friday, and was there from lunchtime to midnight. Crowds were high, but manageable. Didn't wait any more that 40 minutes for anything. Got 4 rides or so on Thunder Mountain (took advantage of crowds during Fantasia), got 2 on Space (almost three, but it broke down after waiting 40 minutes ), and rode pretty much everything else in the park. Overall I had a very good day at Disney

It does seem it will be trackless in some fashion. Because the existing attraction wont be removed yet. They could not remove the existing ride and then replace it within the time frame they are suggesting. As well, if they were to actually remove the existing ride, they could not depreciate it and would lose tax write-offs (as they do for every ride). So it seems this ride will be installed within the existing ride.

I'm sure they could find some sort of tax loophole. For example, when Paul Allen bought the Clippers, it was reported a few days later that he could get "goodwill" written off (the difference between what he paid and what the team is actually worth in assets).

That was Steve Ballmer. Allen owns the Blazers/Seahawks/Sounders FC.

It'll be interesting to see how this new ride plays out, if it is, indeed, a "dry land" version of Aquatopia. I know that capacity was an issue with the tire ride, as it is with many flats that have to cycle, stop, unload, and reload. It'll be good if this ride can just keep going like Aquatopia and keep the queue moving.

It'll be interesting to see how this new ride plays out, if it is, indeed, a "dry land" version of Aquatopia. I know that capacity was an issue with the tire ride, as it is with many flats that have to cycle, stop, unload, and reload. It'll be good if this ride can just keep going like Aquatopia and keep the queue moving.

I do wonder if they will keep the idea the same, just with different ride vhecials? Or, like you suggest chuck where they rework the ride to have a continuous loading system like Aquatopia.

Well, the concept art shows two-passenger vehicles. If they stick to this concept, it could decrease the vehicle size, compared to those inflated tires? So the trackless "tracks" might be easier to figure out, with continuous load/unload conveyance as well. I seem to remember seeing a much smaller motion base for Ratatouille in DLPR, than the originals (Hunny Hunt; Aquatopia) in TDLR.

769125962_ResizeofIMG_2950.JPG.6c51b39cad9a1fab56059bfb90d6c9b4.JPG

This could be possible in a dry space. (Aquatopia - TDS, 2013 TPR Japan Tour)

Edited by Nrthwnd

Hey everyone. My wife and I and our 4 year old son are going to DLR on March 5/6th. I was wondering if its worth getting Park hopper tickets or if it will be empty enough that we would get through California Adventure so fast and would regret not being able to go to Disneyland the same day. My goal was to go to CA Thursday morning to get on Radiator Spring Racers and than getting everything else done at the park and than heading to Disneyland afterwards. I heard that there is enough stuff at CA now to spend a day there especially for my 4 year old which is 41". Any help or tips for the 2 days I am going to be at the resort will be appreciated

Hey everyone. My wife and I and our 4 year old son are going to DLR on March 5/6th. I was wondering if its worth getting Park hopper tickets or if it will be empty enough that we would get through California Adventure so fast and would regret not being able to go to Disneyland the same day. My goal was to go to CA Thursday morning to get on Radiator Spring Racers and than getting everything else done at the park and than heading to Disneyland afterwards. I heard that there is enough stuff at CA now to spend a day there especially for my 4 year old which is 41". Any help or tips for the 2 days I am going to be at the resort will be appreciated

PS: Sorry about the double post, not sure how to delete the first one.

^I agree with this. What I did the last time I was at DL was go to DCA first thing to get a Radiator Springs Fast Pass, then wait in the stand-by line (it 20 minutes at opening and about 90 minutes later in the day). After riding Racers, I went over to DL and Fast Passed Space Mountain and did some other stuff.

I wonder what the internal meetings with John Lassetter must have been like? Luigi's was his pet project.

I'm wondering the same thing. I heard that a lot of people in TDA and WDI were well aware that this concept wasn't going to work very well, but none of them would confront Lasseter about it (plus it was already under construction). But this is just a rumor I heard. I feel like he probably agreed in the end about closing it...he seems like he really emphasizes quality and a great guest experience above everything else. I'll bet it was frustrating for him though- I'm sure he was hoping it could be improved. An example of this is from another rumor I had heard about when Racers was in its testing phases, he had the programmers slow down the cars slightly so that it would reduce downtimes (even though they're still fairly frequent). Again, could be false, but it sounds believable to me.

I'm just hoping the new ride isn't the same as the Cars ride in Paris, since Maters Junkyard Jamboree and Francis' Ladybug Boogie already use the same system. And since there are already bumper cars in Bugs Land as well, that idea seems repetitive too. Personally, I liked Flying Tires. I'll still miss it, but I know change can always be a good thing as well so I'm excited to see what comes.