TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

This is the problem I have with Star Wars Land: While it's a GREAT idea and it would definitely be the Potter-swatter, I don't think it would work as a Tomorrowland take-over. Star Tours would fit of course, and Autopia and Innoventions could easily be removed. The problem is, how would they be able to let Space Mountain fit in with Tomorrowland? The Submarines? Buzz Lightyear (The could take this out sure, but a lot of people, including me, love that ride)?

What they could do is have Endor and the speedbike coaster go through the length of Autopia and maybe start where the Autopia station is, but what to do with the rest of TL...Maybe they could redo the rest as an outter space space port and have another "space" E-Ticket where Innoventions is (X-Wing/Tie-Fighter coaster?). Well....okay, they could make it work, but here's my real problem I have with this:

Having Star Wars land in Disneyland would not tap the potential it could meet with the Star Wars universe. I mean, the Star Wares universe is freakin' HUGE. Having it in Disneyland alone would NOT do it justice. You'd have room for what I mentioned above and that's it. You couldn't do Tattoine/Mos Eisley with that crammed space, which is a MUST for any basic Star Wars land. That's why I disagree with previous rumors of a Marvel theme park. Star Wars deserves its own third gate. Besides, in my opinion, Marvel merely has enough creative potential for a single "land". Oh, and it would balance out the crowds way better having Star Wars as a third gate. Could you imagine the HORRENDOUS crowds if a crammed land themed to the most popular franchise of all time got placed into the world's second most popular theme park? Yeeeeshh.

If I were the one calling the shots as to which goes where for Disney, this is what I would propose:

-Star Wars theme park as third gate

-Marvel Universe land in DCA (Have the theme in Los Angeles or something).

-Tomorrowland redo with Tron E-Ticket replacing Innoventions.

I see Star Wars Land going to DCAdv to give that park a good Teen attraction after the family CarsLand. You could easily add Marvel stuff to Tomorrowland and maybe swap Star Tour 2 for that Stark ride.

I really doubt that Disney would swap out Star Tours 2 when it re-opened a few years ago.

I see Star Wars Land going to DCAdv to give that park a good Teen attraction after the family CarsLand. You could easily add Marvel stuff to Tomorrowland and maybe swap Star Tour 2 for that Stark ride.

I really doubt that Disney would swap out Star Tours 2 when it re-opened a few years ago.

I mean send it to California Adventure for their Star Wars Land.

I'm not a fan of the whole Star Wars land idea. It doesn't seem right to split it between Star Wars and Tomorrowland, with Star Tours still being in the Tomorrowland side. Moving the Astro Orbit rockets either to the Space Mountain roof or People Mover roof would be a great move, and honestly I can see them removing the subs and autopia in a couple years. Captain Eo can easily be switched over to something like possibly Walle. The one thing that NEEDS TO HAPPEN: take out Innoventions and put a ride like Spiderman/Transformers themed to Iron Man or Avengers.

I mean send it to California Adventure for their Star Wars Land.

Then why wouldn't you just use Marvel in DCA and keep Star Wars where it already is...? This is silly.

For myself, 1967-1977, which encompasses the first major reno of Tomorrow Land after The '64-'65 New York World's Fair, and all those lovely new technologies like omnimovers and revolving theaters... and Lincoln too! Up to when Space Mountain debuted.

But as well... ^^

• 3 weeks later...
^I did enjoy some nice "tropical style" drinks at Trader Sam's during that trip.

The "Uh Oa!" is quite the drink..they're not joking around when they say it's enough for two people.

I liked the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Rum concoction.

I heard Trader Sam's has some new menu items and drinks! I think its time for another visit

Just got the confirmation from my boss that I'll finally have two days off in a row again (it's been two friggin' months), meaning I'll finally have a chance to go on an overnight trip to LA again. Can't wait to give the new Big Thunder a few rides!

Can't wait to see what the new items are.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland-hotel/trader-sams/menus/

I see some new food items listed, but no drinks. Can any of our friendly neighborhood drinkers provide any updates?

New food Items:

Shrimp Tacos

Sautéed Shrimp, Cabbage and Lime Tartar Sauce wrapped in Corn Tortillas

Big Island Flatbread

Ham, Caramelized Pineapple, Marinara Sauce, Red Onion, Cilantro and Mozzarella Cheese

Slow-roasted Kālua-style Pork Sandwich

Barbecue Sauce and Tropical Slaw on a Hawaiian Roll served with Sweet Potato Fries, Classic French Fries, Island Fruit or Tropical Slaw

Teriyaki Chicken Breast Sandwich

Sautéed Chicken Breast with Teriyaki Sauce, fresh Caramelized Pineapple, Havarti Cheese, Bacon Lettuce and Tomato on a Multigrain Bun served with Sweet Potato Fries, Classic French Fries, Island Fruit or Tropical Slaw

I enjoyed some nice fruity cocktails at Trader Sam's, but thought the lunch I had there last December was just OK. Still, the new menu sounds like an improvement--especially the pork sandwich.

• 2 weeks later...

Just booked our room for Monday night. We're doing California Adventure on Monday and Disneyland on Tuesday. Can't wait! Unfortunately it's refurb season and Indiana Jones is on that list. My favorite ride in the history of ever and it's gonna be closed.

Ah, well, it's still gonna be awesome! Finally I'll get to ride Big Thunder again!!!!! Last time I visited was in September and it was in the middle of it's massive refurb.

Expect a buttload of photos and videos, haha.

Edit - I just remembered, can someone fill me in on the World Of Color preferred seating through the restaurants? I remember reading somewhere in this thread that Carthay Circle was the best but I've got no clue what pricing would be per person and I'm not sure if it'd be worth it when we can get the same Fast Pass section I've had twice before for free.