TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

I really enjoyed Frozen, and I think it would adapt well to the stage. And being a stage version, I'm sure there would be an additional song like they did with Aladin. Brin it on!!

I'm glad to see DCA get a new show. If the rumors are true about Soarin' Over the Horizon, 2015 will be a year of some good additions for DCA. That also happens to be DL's 60th anniversary. Hopefully they have something solid planned for the flagship park that year. It's too bad that the funds for the parks have run dry from the disastrous flop that was MyMagic+

Do not believe Mice Chat, they have turned in to a Disney propaganda website who make things up! Their recent report of Iger throwing a hissy fit is un-true. As well, if there was such a massive issue for this to happen, Mice Chat would not have be the first, and only site to break a story like that.

Do not believe Mice Chat, they have turned in to a Disney propaganda website who make things up! Their recent report of Iger throwing a hissy fit is un-true. As well, if there was such a massive issue for this to happen, Mice Chat would not have be the first, and only site to break a story like that.

I realize. I was being sarcastic in my last comment.

Maybe the casts are too big to be economical, but I've never understood why Disney just didn't rotate in truncated versions of their Broadway musical adaptations in the Aladdin Theater space. Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King, Newsies, all are or were very popular when they came to broadway and I could see even shortened versions of their broadway adaptations would be enough enticement to increase ticket sales at DCA.

Maybe the casts are too big to be economical, but I've never understood why Disney just didn't rotate in truncated versions of their Broadway musical adaptations in the Aladdin Theater space. Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King, Newsies, all are or were very popular when they came to broadway and I could see even shortened versions of their broadway adaptations would be enough enticement to increase ticket sales at DCA.

Add Mary Poppins to that mix too - could just do "concert" versions with the better songs and a little plot to help the show move along. I like Aladdin but it has been there for a while, something fresh would be great to see.

Any Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage fans may want to ride it before January 6th otherwise you'll have to wait until late 2014. It's going into an extensive refurbishment.

HAHAHA, yeah... "extensive refurbishment"

I'd say (possibly) if you want to ride it ever again. The company has be known to make decisions while attractions have gone down for an extensive re-furb and they never come back. Or, the land is re-purposed. Yes, I know the blog made a post about the ride coming back in 2014, but this wouldn't be the first time a costly (and horribly low capacity) attraction closed for an "extensive refurbishment" and never re-opened.

Rocket Rods, Country Bear Jamboree, and America Sings are the ones I remember (not 100% on america sings. I know it had the accident, but I don't know if it had the promise to reopen).

Also, I think the original subs closed with a promise to reopen and never did (until years later when they did Nemo)

Any Finding Nemo: Submarine Voyage fans may want to ride it before January 6th otherwise you'll have to wait until late 2014. It's going into an extensive refurbishment.

HAHAHA, yeah... "extensive refurbishment"

I'd say (possibly) if you want to ride it ever again. The company has be known to make decisions while attractions have gone down for an extensive re-furb and they never come back. Or, the land is re-purposed. Yes, I know the blog made a post about the ride coming back in 2014, but this wouldn't be the first time a costly (and horribly low capacity) attraction closed for an "extensive refurbishment" and never re-opened.

The ride was "interesting" but not all that good. I'd rather ride the Florida version of Finding Nemo at Epcot.

I will be so happy if they get rid of Nemo. I mean, the ride itself isn't that bad, but the line moves too slowly and the ride takes up a lot of space.

I totally agree. It takes forever to load and unload. Even on slow days, the ride still has a long wait.

Even if they are really are intending to just refurb and reopen, if costs blow out then perhaps it'll be the end of the subs. I like this ride for its uniqueness, but it does get some long waits. Would be great to see the park come up with a way to make the load/unload happen more quickly and improve capacity.