TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Or they just should've gone all-out ridiculous: Santa hats on the attacking cannibals! Santa and his elves in place of the lost safari! The sleigh crashed in the jungle!

This would have been real cool but you would have had the fanboys all upset about changing a classic!

Sounds like Santa Kong all over again!

Pretty sure Santa Kong was the reason Kong committed suicide.

Disney should buy Santa Kong costume from Universal, then tailor it to fit one of the bull elephants on the Jingle Cruise.

Edited by cfc

Question for normal people, not DL fanboys that will automatically say they are the greatest. Are the fresh made candy canes really that good? I have absolutely no desire to get them, and can't understand why people would wait in long lines for them.

Question for normal people, not DL fanboys that will automatically say they are the greatest. Are the fresh made candy canes really that good? I have absolutely no desire to get them, and can't understand why people would wait in long lines for them.

It is just a candy cane... They taste no different then any other standard candy cane out there. PEOPLE ARE NUTS!

I think it's also because most people never see

how these things area actually made, so that's

part of the allure of getting them "fresh", right there.

Then again, you could probably watch the process,

not buy a cane, and leave it at that, heh.

Alright guys, I'm hoping on seasoned veterans' expertise here. I'm aware that the first two weeks of December tend to be lighter in crowd volume since it immediately follows the school Thanksgiving break and precedes the Christmas / New Year break. How light are we talking? I've got three days off in a row in the second week of December. The 9th, 10th, and 11th, to be precise (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday). I really want to make a trip out there to see the parks decorated for the holidays but I am also not going to be a happy camper if I pay the money and have to wait two hours to ride Dumbo.

I googled a crowd calendar and it claims the park is "alright" those days, the real busy days being the following week (16th, 17th, etc) through the new year. Would it be a suicide mission if we (roomie and I) go in two weeks?

• 2 weeks later...

"Frozen" Musical is rumored to possibly replace "Aladdin" @ The Hyperion Theater in DCA.

Disneyland could be getting a new musical stage show based on the hit animated film “Frozen.” Concept art has emerged from inside Disney as a proposal to replace “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular” in 2015 at Disney California Adventure’s Hyperion Theater.

The artist rendering below shows a frost-filled theater covered in icy shades of blue.

But be careful “Frozen” fans – don’t get your hopes up quite yet. This idea is merely being tossed around at the moment, not confirmed or announced.

It isn’t the first time a replacement has been considered for the long-running “Aladdin – A Musical Spectacular,” which has been performed at the Disneyland Resort since 2003. In 2009, Disney announced the “Aladdin” show would be replaced by “Toy Story – The Musical” from Disney Cruise Line, but those plans were cancelled a few months later following much negative feedback received from fans.

No other details about the potential “Frozen” musical have emerged, other than its possibility as an “Aladdin” replacement down the line. Clearly the film is ripe to become a stage show, starring multiple world-class Broadway performers and featuring Broadway-style songs that have become instant favorites.

Not sure how I feel about this. I did enjoy Frozen but not sure I'd like it as a musical much less replacing Aladdin. Aladdin is a bit dated I'll admit but still thoroughly enjoyed by park guests. I remember when there were rumors of a "Toy Story" musical replacing Aladdin there was a barrage of complaints from park guests.

I'm glad to see DCA get a new show. If the rumors are true about Soarin' Over the Horizon, 2015 will be a year of some good additions for DCA. That also happens to be DL's 60th anniversary. Hopefully they have something solid planned for the flagship park that year. It's too bad that the funds for the parks have run dry from the disastrous flop that was MyMagic+