TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Disneyland Resort (DL, DLR, DCA) Discussion Thread

p. 393 - Pixar Place Hotel transformation will be completed on January 30th, 2024!

Whoa! I had no idea it was that expensive Definitely appreciate the info... gonna take the plunge no matter what I think. Does anybody know if disney/disneyland employees get discounts on california adventure tickets?

If you have any friends that work there, they could sign you in if they are not blocked out. And CMs only get offered discount tickets in the slow times of the year, which it is not currently.

^ Man, that sucks.

I think Space Mountain is scheduled to go down for refurbishment after Halloween and be down until January. If this is the case, Christmas time at Disneyland is going to be an even bigger mess than it usually is.

Oh, and Radiator Springs Racers is suppose to go down for refurbishment the week of November 4th. So that week you will have Space, Racers, and Thunder all closed.

^Crowds might be lighter than usual if the APs are scared off by the ride closures.

Also, if what I've read on certain fansites is correct, the disabled community might well be boycotting the park by this point in protest of the new DAS program. So fewer scooters around too...

^ Man, that sucks.

I think Space Mountain is scheduled to go down for refurbishment after Halloween and be down until January. If this is the case, Christmas time at Disneyland is going to be an even bigger mess than it usually is.

Well, they could (and most likely will) delay the Space downtime till after Thunder is up. Closing two major attractions during a very busy season would be crazy.

^ Man, that sucks.

Oh, and Radiator Springs Racers is suppose to go down for refurbishment the week of November 4th. So that week you will have Space, Racers, and Thunder all closed.

If all this happened it would kind of suck if you were making your first visit to Disneyland from out of state. Having three major attractions down. I'm with Chris, I don't think they will let this happen.

I am getting ready to do 4.5 days with my daughter on our yearly trip to Disneyland next week. I usually go during the summer and needed to delay to Oct this year for personal and work reasons. I had a few questions though about Halloween that I was hoping a few regulars could answer.

The Mickeys Halloween Party seems kind of expensive and assuming that it is independent of our five day park hopper passes I have. Is this a correct assumption? If it is an extra cost, is it worth the money to do it? My daughter does love Halloween and do not mind paying the extra money if it actually is worth it.

Thanks

You should do one Halloween night.

You'll hang out with lots of people all decked out with great outfits.

The parade/ fireworks display is awesome! (You only get to see it if you attend the special event)

Its a blast, plus you can enter the park early and have a great time.

I am getting ready to do 4.5 days with my daughter on our yearly trip to Disneyland next week. I usually go during the summer and needed to delay to Oct this year for personal and work reasons. I had a few questions though about Halloween that I was hoping a few regulars could answer.

The Mickeys Halloween Party seems kind of expensive and assuming that it is independent of our five day park hopper passes I have. Is this a correct assumption? If it is an extra cost, is it worth the money to do it? My daughter does love Halloween and do not mind paying the extra money if it actually is worth it.

Thanks

The candy alone is worth the price!

Halloween.jpg.37dae1cbfd3f8f1627e2b462c41e4b5d.jpg

Disney security has failed this week: a dry ice bomb at Didneyland, a fully loaded automatic gun found on ride at WDW. There needs to be better security!

As someone who does security every day I have to ask, do you have any idea as to how much work it is to try and detect things like this? You can't just wave a magic wand and catch every scumbag that wants to do harm/create chaos. You can only do your best to gather information and execute your standards as effectively as possible.

I'm confident Disney did their best, and these incidents (with zero injuries) should have zero bearings on how people view the parks. They caught the idiot responsible, and that's the important thing.

So, Disneyland need to improve the security system.

Edited by ShayneThill